Home

NBA 2K20 MyLeague Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 MyLeague Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2019, 06:34 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K20 MyLeague Thread

so I finished my first season with my expansion team. I snuck in as the 8th seed despite losing my top scorer, Porter Jr. for the year with about 20 games left.

And then we stole game 1 from the Lakers, which was shocking since they beat us like a redheaded step child every regular season game. Games 2 and 3 were dog fights, including game 3 going to double OT, but we lost both. Game 4 was not good. Total blowout. And game 5 was another heartbreaking loss by 2. Lakers went on to beat the Bucks in 7 in the NBA finals.

So in the offseason the AI once again wanted to not give Porter Jr. his option. Insane. Dude was averaging 24 ppg per 36 minutes and got better and better as the year went on.

So in the offseason I went ahead and accepted team options on Hutchenson, Spellman, Monk, Porter Jr. I let Shumpert and Marcus Morris walk. I did not pick up Aaron Holiday's team option. I got Dejounte Murray to sign a 4/64m dollar deal after he won the league's most improved player award. Rondo picked up his player option at the vet minimum.

So going into the draft and free agency I had

Adams
Ilyasova, Spellman
Porter Jr., Anderson (Slo-Mo), Hutchison
Fournier, Monk, Bruce Brown
Murray, Rondo

In free agency I resigned Baynes at a slight raise. I then signed Millsap to a 2/30m deal.

I drafted a PG at 21 and Shaq's kid in the 2nd round.

Nothing out of the ordinary in season one other than stars shooting too high a percentage, which I think mostly stems from overpowered badges that put 3% too high and allow them to finish at too high of a rate inside 5 feet.

Giannis won the MVP. Kawhi DPOY. Morant ROY.

AD stayed with LA. Drummond and DeRozan took their player options. So did Hayward.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:57 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is anyone's stats messed up in My League? For example, a player scored 3 points in the first game and 5 the next, but says that he's averaging 13 points a game.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is it a known glitch that myleague can't go beyond 2023? It just started flashing weirdly and I can't continue when trying to go to next season. On xbox one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #36
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Not doing a MyLeague at this time. Instead I'm doing a 35 game regular season with a 1-1-1-1 playoff format. 36 teams in this season and I started with a fantasy draft. Every game I'm doing CPU vs CPU and I'm only controlling one team which is one of the extra teams I added; the Kentucky Wildcats. Here's the team I drafted

C Domantas Sabonis
PF Nemanja Bjelica
SF Demarre Carroll
SG Marcus Smart
PG De'Aaron Fox
6th Kenneth Faried

Rest of Bench
Patty Mills
Kent Bazemore
James Ennis
Brandon Knight
Patrick Patterson
Shelvin Mack
Dante Cunningham

IR
Okaro White
Ike Anigbogu

First game was against a Dallas Mavericks team lead by Demar DeRozan.
We beat them pretty good.
Final score was 104-77

Box Score
De'Aaron Fox: 35 pts, 3 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk
Nemanja Bjelica: 13 pts, 6 reb, 1 blk
Kenneth Faried: 12 pts, 10 reb, 1 blk
Patty Mills: 9 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast
Brandon Knight: 9 pts, 1 reb, 2 ast
Marcus Smart: 8 pts, 5 reb, 7 ast, 1 stl
Domantas Sabonis: 6 pts, 15 reb, 1 blk
Kent Bazemore: 6 pts, 4 reb, 5 ast
James Ennis: 4 pts, 1 reb
Demarre Carroll: 1 pt, 7 reb, 6 ast, 3 stl, 2 blk
Patrick Patterson: 1 pt
Shelvin Mack: 1 reb
Dante Cunningham: 1 reb

Last edited by Gramps91; 10-27-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:18 PM   #37
Rookie

Is it a widely known issue that the load times when editing players in MyLeague is incredibly slow? If you change hair styles or anything it takes a long time for it to update. CAP from the main menu seems about as fast as usual. (Steam version)
Old 10-29-2019, 10:42 AM   #38
Banned

This thread (much like OS as a whole) is such a disaster.. how is it that so few of u actually PLAY THE DAMN GAME... noo need for all this fluff u guys go on about... had u attempted to play the game, u would no longer be concerned about stats...

No one here actually plays on default difficulty (see lots of liars tho).. if u did u would know its a morale victory to hold the cpu under 60% shooting (hold lol , more like game just doing what it wants)

What u ppl should actually be saying is the truth... the truth is playing this game against the cpu is more of a chore than anything & it has been for a few years... if u play on SS default than here is what will happen... CPU will shoot 2 quarters around 55-60%, 1 quarter at like 35-40% & than one quarter at 75-80%.. every single game without fail... oh yeah they will do this a) almost entirely without Ft's... at all. b) they will attempt very few three's but will make a bunch of them regardless & c) my personal favorite! CPU bench players will dominate u! I have lost games by 30+ points where the best player on the cpu finished under 10 points or really wasnt the general of his own team when bench player #3 balls out all the time...

anyone that disputes this obviously messes with the default sliders... or flat out doesnt play offline, it has been so bad for so many years i have on & off again quit this game, the only reason i still play it is cuz we all got wise that the price drops like a rock between release & black friday.. imagine we used to pay 79.99 plus tax for this piece of crap in Canada... now just wait for the 30$ sale... but ppl & there mental illness for microtransactions is truly killing sports video games...if u think NBA2k is bad (it is) just try playing 1 game of NHL... EA is actually worse if thats even possible!!
Old 10-29-2019, 04:57 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 3

I'm in Season 3 of my Grizzlies franchise. I try to take a realistic approach on trades and signings, and in the offseason I do a 32-team control to build each team to the best of my ability, with their title/contending windows in mind.

As I begin Year 3, I'm lead by Ja Morant, Desmond Cooper, Jaren Jackson and Elton Dawkins. Cooper and Dawkins are both drafted players from JB's fantastic fictional draft classes.

I'm now realizing that I would be able to package Jackson + Dawkins + 3 future first round picks for Karl Anthony Towns, giving me a true Big 3. My question is.... is it realistic?

Jackson is 22, high potential, and is upset in Memphis given he's the third option. He averaged 25.8 in his sophomore year but has regressed since then. Last year only 17.7, and through 5 games this year only 14.4. He will be an RFA this offseason.

Dawkins is 20 and showed promise as a rookie, making the all rookie second team. The former #11 pick averaged 10/6 off the bench last year and is off to a great start now as a starter averaging 14/8. If the league redrafted that class today, he would like be a Top 5-8 selection.

KAT is obviously a beast in Minnesota, but at 25 has not made an All NBA team in either of the past two seasons. He has 3 years left on his contract, but his player card indicates that he's considering testing free agency at that point.

Minnesota went all-in last season, but finished with a 39-43 record and narrowly missed the playoffs. They traded Wiggins for Chris Paul and his massive contract, and then signed Paul Millsap to an MLE. Part of the reason they traded Wiggins was they had the #2 pick in that draft, which they used on SF Kareem Livingston, who averaged 17.8 as a rookie and appears to be a future 2 way star. Jarrett Culver is another young wing talent.

Paul and Millsap expire after this year, and Minnesota will have a max slot available at that point, but it's tough to get a premium FA there.

As I type this I do realize that Minnesota probably wouldn't want to trade Towns at this time... he's got 3 years left, and they should probably want to make one last run toward the playoffs with Paul and Millsap on the roster.

But if this year goes south and they don't make the playoffs, is it realistic to execute this trade in the offseason? This would give Minnesota a core of 4 players under 25 (Culver, Livingston, JJJr, Dawkins) + all those picks, and maximum value back for Towns before he potentially bolts two seasons later.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:16 PM   #40
Rookie

SergentSandwich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
I'm in Season 3 of my Grizzlies franchise. I try to take a realistic approach on trades and signings, and in the offseason I do a 32-team control to build each team to the best of my ability, with their title/contending windows in mind.

As I begin Year 3, I'm lead by Ja Morant, Desmond Cooper, Jaren Jackson and Elton Dawkins. Cooper and Dawkins are both drafted players from JB's fantastic fictional draft classes.

I'm now realizing that I would be able to package Jackson + Dawkins + 3 future first round picks for Karl Anthony Towns, giving me a true Big 3. My question is.... is it realistic?

Jackson is 22, high potential, and is upset in Memphis given he's the third option. He averaged 25.8 in his sophomore year but has regressed since then. Last year only 17.7, and through 5 games this year only 14.4. He will be an RFA this offseason.

Dawkins is 20 and showed promise as a rookie, making the all rookie second team. The former #11 pick averaged 10/6 off the bench last year and is off to a great start now as a starter averaging 14/8. If the league redrafted that class today, he would like be a Top 5-8 selection.

KAT is obviously a beast in Minnesota, but at 25 has not made an All NBA team in either of the past two seasons. He has 3 years left on his contract, but his player card indicates that he's considering testing free agency at that point.

Minnesota went all-in last season, but finished with a 39-43 record and narrowly missed the playoffs. They traded Wiggins for Chris Paul and his massive contract, and then signed Paul Millsap to an MLE. Part of the reason they traded Wiggins was they had the #2 pick in that draft, which they used on SF Kareem Livingston, who averaged 17.8 as a rookie and appears to be a future 2 way star. Jarrett Culver is another young wing talent.

Paul and Millsap expire after this year, and Minnesota will have a max slot available at that point, but it's tough to get a premium FA there.

As I type this I do realize that Minnesota probably wouldn't want to trade Towns at this time... he's got 3 years left, and they should probably want to make one last run toward the playoffs with Paul and Millsap on the roster.

But if this year goes south and they don't make the playoffs, is it realistic to execute this trade in the offseason? This would give Minnesota a core of 4 players under 25 (Culver, Livingston, JJJr, Dawkins) + all those picks, and maximum value back for Towns before he potentially bolts two seasons later.

probably not realistic but who cares it’s a video game i say go for it.

the wolves already have a 1-2 punch with KAT and livingston they could probably trade assets for a third star rather than rebuilding it sounds like

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »