Home

I need some good ProAm plays....

This is a discussion on I need some good ProAm plays.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #1
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0
I need some good ProAm plays....

Looking for advice or suggestions for some good 5v5 proam plays. We already run high pick and roll, fefe's, downscreens to free a shooter up to the wing. But they start to get redundant after a while and most good teams will figure it out and we will barely win or lose by a couple point because of it.

We run 5 out but mostly 4 out 1 in (41)

I wish we could run motion but it's 2k and its not a simulation game so we'd throw 700 turnovers a game lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: I need some good ProAm plays....

When I play 5 on 5 pro am, my squad has had some pretty good success running offense through me in the the high post. Helps that I'm a pure sharp PF with HOF steady shooter but you can run it with any SF, PF, C who is good with the mid range and is a good passer.

Set that player in the high post and run some give and go and cutting action. If a team is playing the passing lanes it's deadly if you utilize all bounce passes. Plus teams don't see it often so they have no idea how to defend it.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 07-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I need some good ProAm plays....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
Looking for advice or suggestions for some good 5v5 proam plays. We already run high pick and roll, fefe's, downscreens to free a shooter up to the wing. But they start to get redundant after a while and most good teams will figure it out and we will barely win or lose by a couple point because of it.

We run 5 out but mostly 4 out 1 in (41)

I wish we could run motion but it's 2k and its not a simulation game so we'd throw 700 turnovers a game lol.
Are you at all familiar with the Read and React Offense? I've never tried it in a setting like Pro Am, but in real life it works very well because it's based on very basic principles (a pass/cut layer, plus different rules based on dribble drives and dribbling along the perimeter) but can give a different look every time down the floor. If you all know the principles of something like that, I have the feeling it'd be effective.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »