Home

NBA 2K20 historic draft classes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 historic draft classes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K20 historic draft classes

I wonder if we will get the historic draft classes this year. We learned a lot about team rosters, MyTeam, MyPlayer but no Informationen about the draft classes. I'm asking because i still miss a lot of players. Some of them are confirmed for MyTeam such as Dana Barros, Cedric Ceballos, Bob Sura and so on but are they also in the draft classes? Gheorghe Muresan, Reggie Lewis, Rex Chapman, Sam Mitchell and others may also ne in there....can someone who already got the game please check this out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: NBA 2K20 historic draft classes

Speaking of, they really need to zero out the years pro for these guys. It sucks to draft Dwight Howard and still have his years pro set to 12 or 13 years or whatever it is. This small oversight can ruin a classic MyLeague.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
Rookie

CelticBalla32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Speaking of, they really need to zero out the years pro for these guys. It sucks to draft Dwight Howard and still have his years pro set to 12 or 13 years or whatever it is. This small oversight can ruin a classic MyLeague.

Ruined? Lol

It may be annoying sometimes to have to do that, but it takes like 10 seconds per player to edit lol. Not a big deal to me
Old 08-28-2019, 08:52 PM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBalla32
Ruined? Lol

It may be annoying sometimes to have to do that, but it takes like 10 seconds per player to edit lol. Not a big deal to me
True. But if you dont catch it it can lead to the rookie of the year award, and first and second team all rookie selections not being made up of the real deserving players. I have a 2002 ML going and I cant tell you how many rookies have missed out on awards because their years pro were wrong. It's small, but it matters and it should be an easy fix.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

More egregious for me last year were all the missing players, or at least reasonable facsimiles rather than a bunch of generics. I would have used the classic draft classes if I didn't have to edit in a bunch of players who at least saw a little NBA playing time even if they weren't all-stars
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2019, 01:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Yes the historic draft classes are incomplete but we were able to use player dna from players they didn't have a place for in the All Time Teams. I'm a fan of Cedric Ceballos and hope I can use bis player dna out of the historic draft classes. And it would be awesome to use player dna from Bob Sura, Dana Barros, Sam Mitchell, Gheorghe Muresan, Manute Bol and others. So I can create my own 1989/90 and 1997/98 rosters
Old 08-30-2019, 03:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
True. But if you dont catch it it can lead to the rookie of the year award, and first and second team all rookie selections not being made up of the real deserving players. I have a 2002 ML going and I cant tell you how many rookies have missed out on awards because their years pro were wrong. It's small, but it matters and it should be an easy fix.

The rookies will also develop during the offseason progression period, if you don't 0 out their experience. It leads to inflated overalls entering the league.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:36 PM   #8
Rookie

How are the historic draft classes? Any notable guys added to them this year? Hopefully the guys removed from the all-time teams that aren't on any other classic teams can still be found in the historic draft classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »