Home

Official NBA 2K21 MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO Wish List

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K21 MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO Wish List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 01:28 AM   #33
Rookie

ifeanyi18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K21 MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO Wish List

Damn that was a lot. Nice lol
Old 12-07-2019, 02:41 PM   #34
Rookie

1) In order to improve the progression and make it feel more natural, I really believe we need a much more probabilistic model for progression.

I won’t lay out all my thoughts here because it would take up too much space, but generally factors like potential, age, and playing time would change the bell curve for each player. Then progression would happen randomly within that curve, with most results sticking near the middle of the curve but outliers occurring on either end. That type of approach would provide generally predictable results while allowing some players to make a leap and others to bust.

2) Calculate player contract demands largely off the amount of available space. Each tier would need a different formula to produce differing sensitivities to the amount of cap space available. (For instance, a player like AD would have almost no sensitivity to it, but one like Tobias Harris would have a ton.)

Since I’m in engineer (of the non-computer variety), I generally think there are a bunch of opportunities for the math to get a lot smarter in certain parts of the franchise modes.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:34 AM   #35
Rookie

Thanks, Jeff, for taking the time to read our requests!

I haven't seen many posts on this thread about MyGM, so I'll restrict my requests to that mode. (And it's mostly restoring a few options that were available in the 2k19 MyGM mode.)

1. PLEASE restore the option to use imported draft classes. The ability to add real-life draft prospects heightens the experience of MyGM tremendously, while the computer-generated draft classes filled with random made-up people tend to take me "out" of the immersive simulation experience.

2. PLEASE restore the ability to edit the players on your team in MyGM. It could be the same as last year, where you mainly could just edit the way they "look" (e.g., their gear/shoes/accessories; I'd be okay with not being able to edit the vitals/attributes/signature).

3. Please restore the option in MyLeague/MyGM to edit the uniform of the CPU team in the games played against them. For those many of us who primarily play CPU in MyLeague and MyGM -- and who often play those modes with our favorite team -- it's a shame that we never get to see all of the wonderful alternative uniforms of the other 29 teams that we play against when using our favorite squad. I want to see those gorgeous "City Uniforms" of the Miami Heat and the Denver Nuggets when I play them, not just their ordinary default road uniforms that I've seen a million times over the years.

4. I didn't initially like the new Action Points system for MyGM, but I'm warming up to it slowly. I would, however, ask for a bit more explanation, as there are still some aspects that confuse me. For instance, I changed the option in GM Settings to allow for 10 "Extra Actions Per Day". Yet for whatever reason unexplained to me, even though my weekly schedule on the Overview tab shows upcoming days with both 10 Action Points and 11 Action Points (those are on gamedays), I always end up starting with just 7 Actions Points once I move on to that day. Where did those 3-4 Action Points go?

Also, there is a counter at the top of the screen for "Banked Points". I received a Banked Point after leveling up several times. But I have no idea what the Banked Point is or does, and there was no explanation or tutorial to explain it. (If there was an explanation, I must have somehow missed it. I'm really trying hard to come to terms with this Action Point system that I initially hated, but it's hard to do so when there are significant things about it that aren't explained.

I guess that's it for now. The biggest problem for me by far is the inability to import draft classes, followed by the inability to edit player's looks, and then the inability to change the CPU team's uniform before a game.

Some aspects of the Action Points are still somewhat confusing, but I'm sure I could live with that so long as the other three things I listed are restored to the way they were last year in 2k19.

Thanks again for taking the time to look our request, Jeff!

EDIT:

Almost forgot:

5. The restoring of the options for League Expansion and for a league-wide Fantasy Drafting at the start of a new MyGM would also be wonderful.

and

6. PLEASE restore the option to begin MyGM with roster injuries. Makes a big difference to the power balance in both conferences when both Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson are out for significant stretches. Again, things like this are what add so much the immersion factor of MyLeague and MyGM. Just like the real life Warriors are mediocre due to injuries, they should also be just as mediocre in MyGM due to the Thompson injury.

Last edited by FairCatchMANIA; 12-08-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2019, 10:09 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Please make cut-scenes and statistical overlays completely optional: None, occasionally, or always. A controller button to personalize frequency as well would really help game-flow and presentation.

I am playing a game right now, and a stat overlay popped for Nikola Vucevic on his first free throw attempt. Without thinking I hit "A" because I usually find anything outside of gameplay irritating because of the repetitive nature. Vucevic is "on fire" so seeing the overlay would be entertaining at this point. Of course, I cannot see an overlay after dismissing one. If I could hit "Y" and get his stat overlay again it would be great. EDIT: Scratch this. Forgot stats appear in the upper right corner; I am so focused on gameplay I have had little use for this over the years; it seems to work as-is.

Sometimes I am in the mood for stats and cut-scenes, but usually, I want the arena-experience over the simulated TV-experience. I really do like the cut-scenes and overlays, but this console generation their implementation has been immersion sapping spam, lacking creativity, as the same scenes play over and over.

Last generation we seemed to be in a good spot with cut-scenes and overlays. Then it seems someone asked for more immersion, and rather than create more meaningful scenes the development team merely tripled the frequency of the same scenes.

I would not want the scenes to go away, I just want everyone to have the controlled experience they want to focus on.

EDIT: I am adding an idea rather than start a new post.

How about returning the crowd/homecourt advantage meter from College Hoops 2K8? This would help explain the "Home Court Grade" and make it a temporary sixth-man.

I just finished a fastbreak with a foul. In hindsight, I should have gone for the alley-oop: Probably would have scored, but I also imagine it raising excitement and getting the crowd into it. I thought I read somewhere a while back that there is an underhood code that causes dunks, blocks, and steals to amp players up... endurance-wise... not sure if that is true, but sounds good.

Anyway, the meter onscreen in sync with the actual crowd noise level would feed off of highlight plays. Filling the meter would give a small temporary boost to the home team of up to 60-seconds; either a timeout or highlight play by the away team would reduce this significantly or stop it altogether. This would give further definition to the "Home Court Grade" that appears just before game-start: A higher grade would last longer and be louder, and it might be harder to break depending on the loyalty of the fans. Also, skewing the sound higher/lower based on reported attendance would be good immersion.

Also, this could be an opportunity to make cut-screens matter in the form of a mini-game. On a dead-ball or timeout, the cut-screen would be interactive: I could have the player motion to pump-up the crowd. It would not be as valuable as a highlight play, perhaps only 1/4 the effect. As well, the result could be influenced higher by higher rated players reflecting the crowd being more apt to respond to the best or most popular player.

Last edited by mcdowell31; 03-29-2020 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:23 AM   #37
Rookie

Fix trade logic, as well as number of slots in a trade and allow more than 3 team trades.

Also, please remove the restriction when trading and you can't complete a trade because a team will have more than 15 players or a player is injured etc. Those things are completely normal in real life where teams trade 3 for 1 or something and cut/sign players afterwards to complete the roster or a suspended/injured player gets traded and then cut later etc.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #38
Rookie

subway's Arena

Create a player wwe import pics feature. They are a lot of expansion cities so 4 more expansion slots minimum.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:52 AM   #39
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Ability to create tournaments up to 64 teams
Ability to sim entire seasons
Ability to do player lock in MyLeague Online (with atleast 2 users, probably not possible with 30 users)
Old 12-23-2019, 10:27 PM   #40
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

Would be nice to have historical players register as rookies when you draft them in MyLeague. As of now they don't. Only created players do.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »