Home

Anyone else having issues with not being able to run post plays

This is a discussion on Anyone else having issues with not being able to run post plays within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone else having issues with not being able to run post plays

I'm pressing L1 + R1 + selecting the player icon + then selecting low post option

Instead of running into the post as done in prior 2Ks, my player just lingers around on the perimeter and 2K runs a completely different play (usually a pass and screen play) and my player never posts up.

Is anyone else having this issue because it's preventing me from posting up unless I go through the plays and select a "punch" play (and these usually involve several screens before the player finally posts up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgCjAHermSg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Re: Anyone else having issues with not being able to run post plays

I think that "Jokic Low Post" is probably a set play and not simply calling to send Jokic to the block... There should be an option that just says "post up".. it might be on one of the other pages for Jokic.. If not you can add it to the favorite play list and choose which player it applies to.

I was having this issue as well, I don't know how to change which position plays each player has. I was wanting to send LeBron to the post so I changed him to be the player than "post up" triggers in my favorites.. The problem is then you don't have the option of sending your center, or other player to "post up"..

I asked in the other thread if there was a way to change which positional plays show for each player, but no response yet so I'm not sure.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I think that "Jokic Low Post" is probably a set play and not simply calling to send Jokic to the block... There should be an option that just says "post up".. it might be on one of the other pages for Jokic.. If not you can add it to the favorite play list and choose which player it applies to.

I was having this issue as well, I don't know how to change which position plays each player has. I was wanting to send LeBron to the post so I changed him to be the player than "post up" triggers in my favorites.. The problem is then you don't have the option of sending your center, or other player to "post up"..

I asked in the other thread if there was a way to change which positional plays show for each player, but no response yet so I'm not sure.
Wow, never saw those options. Thank you.

I've now assigned the main player I want to be posted up, but as you pointed out if I see a mismatch I like (Steph on Boogie) but have LeBron assigned as my post up option then my only way of exploiting that mismatch is by dumping the ball off to Boogie outside of the post (which not only takes time, but is also more vulnerable to interceptions) and manually posting him up myself.

Hopefully this gets amended
Old 09-10-2019, 01:53 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltShake
Wow, never saw those options. Thank you.

I've now assigned the main player I want to be posted up, but as you pointed out if I see a mismatch I like (Steph on Boogie) but have LeBron assigned as my post up option then my only way of exploiting that mismatch is by dumping the ball off to Boogie outside of the post (which not only takes time, but is also more vulnerable to interceptions) and manually posting him up myself.

Hopefully this gets amended
Yeah I haven't quite figured that out myself.. I do know that sometimes that "post up" option is there when you pull up the positional plays if it's a big man.. But even then if you have to cycle through multiple pages you might have pressed 7 or 8 buttons by the time you get to it. It would be best if we could just assign that to the first page of 3 or 4 guys individual play sets. Then you could isolate multiple guys in the post, and post all the mismatches.

This would be an especially big bonus for classic teams, as many of them had 2 "post players" and many sent guards like MJ, Pippen, Penny, etc down to post as well.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:40 AM   #5
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza

I been trying to figure for days how to call for a quick post (not a set play) for a specific player when I see a mismatch. It seems we've lost that option. Another thing I noticed is we only have 1 positional play type play call choice this year instead of 2. For example, if you pulled up your center's plays last year you'd see the option to call either a random PnR Screener play for him or a Low Post play for him. This year you have the 3 freelance action options and only 1 choice for a play type.
I definitely feel like it's lacking not having the ability to customize what 4 actions/play types show up for that player on that first screen for them.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Bumping as this still hasn't been amended
Old 11-09-2019, 04:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Has anyone found post play in the playbook that just immediately posts up a player without any extra screens being set, etc..?
Old 11-09-2019, 06:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Yep, I still can't figure out how exactly to just post up specific players on the fly. I have no earthly idea why 2K messed with the playcalling setup for no reason. Simple plays now take all kinds of maneuvering in the playcall menu. I wish they'd put it back...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »