Home

NBA 2K20: It's What You Make of It

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20: It's What You Make of It within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 11-17-2019, 01:00 PM   #1
Owner and News Editor

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K20: It's What You Make of It

One of the best parts about iconic video game franchises is how different people can love...

Written By: Brandon Kosal

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2019, 06:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20: It's What You Make of It

about to check out the article now, I also feel it's mostly what you make of it.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #3
Just started!

oh but looooook, yes it is indeed what you make out of it. I sqauad up with fam and friends in the park and pro am. win or lose its great vibes and its the community over the game itself these days. thanks for this.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:17 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

And the article isn't meant to make light of the issues -- as Brandon calls out -- just that community really does make these games fun even when they have issues.

It's a big part of why I hope a lot of people come here, and it's why I push people to find leagues etc. if they just want to find some peeps to play against who are on the same wavelength -- assuming you can't find that in real life like Brandon has.

Also, I love that Brandon calls out his house rules, I have definitely had these throughout the years. I did created teams with a friend in the EA NHL series for many years, but we had outlines for what we could do with our players.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
As an adult gamer in my 40s I have a very small window of time to enjoy the games I buy. For more context I still have battlefield 5, last of us remastered, Spider-Man, and kingdom hearts 3 in plastic. Nonetheless Iím a devoted 2K fan and have bought every version of 2K since itís inception on Sega Dreamcast. *That being sad I havenít dug deep into what 2K has to offer I play the NBA now *and Myteam when time permits and I very much enjoy it. I have minor gripes with gameplay and some constructive feedback on presentation. But overall I really like the game and am looking forward to the next gen version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

the core game is fun, but hasn't it basically always been fun? I can't remember hating 2K's core game for any year. But I said on another thread, what kept me returning back wasn't online stuff, it was those amazing offline modes they had like Jordan Challenge, Lebron Path to Greatness, create a Legend, The Crib etc... I'd argue the core game played better previous years and just had more polish. 2k's lost focus. Focsing strictly on My career and VC, and honestly, people are just fed up. Core game won't keep you around if you keep disappointing people year after year.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #7
Reignman Baby!

SonicBoom2040's Arena

OVR: 2

I too have owned every 2k game ever made. And this year is the first one I have put down after about two weeks because it's simply too difficult to shoot with user timing.

Never have I had to use real fg % in a game of 2k until 2k20. And trust me that ain't too fun. Me and my best friend have been playing 2k and live since inception of both and we just play 16 thru 19 on Xbox one. We still play seasons on 2k14 and 15 on 360. Simply because shooting has a timing that's easy to read when to release the shot.

If this is what I have to look forward to then this will be my last purchase of this series. Even live recently has this same problem. There simply isn't a realistic way to release the shot with "tells" or consistency. The gameplay quirks can be usually overcome with sliders adjustments here and there but , the NBA is about shooting the ball. If I can't shoot, what's the point?

Might play online here and there or with My Player but the same problem exists. It simply ain't fun anymore. So we go back and play the other versions. Make roster adjustments and such. Worst 2k I have ever played simply because of shooting......is this one.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:18 PM   #8
Rookie

AltWorlds's Arena

I'm all about designing uniforms and courts in MyLeague. Which is a good thing, since my Steam installation is missing files that won't let me even enter MyCareer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »