Home

NERF THE CPU OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING

This is a discussion on NERF THE CPU OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2019, 02:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NERF THE CPU OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING

This $hit is not fun. All these pointless updates that don’t seem to do anything but break the game even more how about tuning down the CPU offensive rebounding sliders? I’m playing on superstar and the suns just had 20 offensive rebounds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NERF THE CPU OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING

Im convinced complaints like this are the reason the basketball can hit my hands without me catching it for a rebound.

I doubt they can change sim rebound quantities without affecting 5v5 modes
Old 11-26-2019, 01:41 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerplayer8
This $hit is not fun. All these pointless updates that don’t seem to do anything but break the game even more how about tuning down the CPU offensive rebounding sliders? I’m playing on superstar and the suns just had 20 offensive rebounds
Edit out all the wormer badges in the roster. That will help. It can still be overpowered sometimes but that makes a big difference. When I run replays now (with no wormer badges in the league) most often I see offensive rebounds in two situations:

1. I make a good defensive play and the ball goes right back to them so they can score. Which is beyond irritating and makes me wonder why I bother.

2. My big (either controlled by me or the AI) contests a shot, either because he has to or stupidly (I've seen my AI big lunging at players they aren't guarding that are 5-7 feet away) resulting in their big being not blocked out.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:12 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah 3 and 4 off rebounds in a row after I blocked it twice.

Turn CPU off rebounding to zero it helps some.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah, seeing as how Offensive Rebounding has been overpowered for years, I don't think they have a fix for it this gen.

Hopefully we'll see something in a more balanced direction regarding those and the offenses tendency to retrieve EVERY 50/50 ball in the future. A man can dream...

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2019, 04:19 PM   #6
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
Edit out all the wormer badges in the roster. That will help. It can still be overpowered sometimes but that makes a big difference. When I run replays now (with no wormer badges in the league) most often I see offensive rebounds in two situations:

1. I make a good defensive play and the ball goes right back to them so they can score. Which is beyond irritating and makes me wonder why I bother.

2. My big (either controlled by me or the AI) contests a shot, either because he has to or stupidly (I've seen my AI big lunging at players they aren't guarding that are 5-7 feet away) resulting in their big being not blocked out.
That worm badge is one of the most unrealistic additions to 2k this year. Offensive rebounding doesnt work like that irl. Its beyond frustrating

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 11-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Yeah, seeing as how Offensive Rebounding has been overpowered for years, I don't think they have a fix for it this gen.

Hopefully we'll see something in a more balanced direction regarding those and the offenses tendency to retrieve EVERY 50/50 ball in the future. A man can dream...
I think one of the major issues is player design and ball physics. Honestly the numbers aren't THAT out of line. The average team in the NBA grabs around 10 a game. By eliminating the wormer badge and putting CPU offensive rebounding at 40 and my defensive rebounding at 70 I have it down to an average of about 12 per team (some more, some less). The issue is that all 12 of those tend to be bigs. When in reality many offensive rebounds are long rebounds to guards or rebounds that bounce off multiple hands and end up picked up far from the basket. IRL not every offensive rebound comes right off the rim to your center.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:42 PM   #8
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I think one of the major issues is player design and ball physics. Honestly the numbers aren't THAT out of line. The average team in the NBA grabs around 10 a game. By eliminating the wormer badge and putting CPU offensive rebounding at 40 and my defensive rebounding at 70 I have it down to an average of about 12 per team (some more, some less). The issue is that all 12 of those tend to be bigs. When in reality many offensive rebounds are long rebounds to guards or rebounds that bounce off multiple hands and end up picked up far from the basket. IRL not every offensive rebound comes right off the rim to your center.
This times a thousand, every rebound going to the big is a GLARING issue and I feel like that's more apparent this year than ever.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »