Home

TNT Shot Clock

This is a discussion on TNT Shot Clock within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 11-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
TNT Shot Clock

I know 2K doesnít technically have the TNT licence but they still have the 3 guys on the game, whatís the chances of getting 2K to add the cool little feature TNT has added with the **** clock at the free throw line via a patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: TNT Shot Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg521988
I know 2K doesnít technically have the TNT licence but they still have the 3 guys on the game, whatís the chances of getting 2K to add the cool little feature TNT has added with the **** clock at the free throw line via a patch?
Not likely at all (sadly).
Old 11-18-2019, 11:30 AM   #3
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg521988
if you get the PC you can mods for all the networks. I love the nba on nbc mod. It probalby would cost 2k money to use tnt, so they didn't go after it.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
if you get the PC you can mods for all the networks. I love the nba on nbc mod. It probalby would cost 2k money to use tnt, so they didn't go after it.
Yeah this is the way to go if you want that sort of stuff.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I would not be about that life unless it could be toggled off. Iím still not totally sure what the point is of the one on TNT on account of the shot clock already being present on the score overlay. What made them decide the shot clock, of all things, needed two on-screen representations including one randomly and prominently adhered to the actual field of play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #6
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I would not be about that life unless it could be toggled off. Iím still not totally sure what the point is of the one on TNT on account of the shot clock already being present on the score overlay. What made them decide the shot clock, of all things, needed two on-screen representations including one randomly and prominently adhered to the actual field of play?
I'm surprised how divisive the shot clock has been. I really like it, but I do get the clutter argument. But I feel like I've seen some super hot takes about it ruining games for them and I just don't get that.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:26 PM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I'm surprised how divisive the shot clock has been. I really like it, but I do get the clutter argument. But I feel like I've seen some super hot takes about it ruining games for them and I just don't get that.
these little annoyances should be able to be toggled. Not to mention that dreaded green meter flash, and the ability to disable shot clock (far as I know) used to be standard on the old 2k games. And we need more abilities to disable all types of HUD's. I just feel the game is goign backwards on these facets.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:27 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah I wouldn't go nearly as far as to say it ruins the game but strictly from an analytical point of view my question on its existence is simply, "WHY?"

Like, if someone generally unfamiliar with basketball were to turn the channel to TNT, it'd be logical of them to conclude that the giant number graphic counting down on the court must be the single most important thing to account for at any given time, enough so that it warrants two tracking points at any given time.

This hits me as a classic situation of a graphics department sitting around and spitballing something, anything, new to add to their broadcast and stumbling upon something that looks sleek but serves virtually no purpose, sort of like ESPN's light-up 3-point line that one year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »