Home

Low IQ players smh

This is a discussion on Low IQ players smh within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2019, 10:32 AM   #9
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Low IQ players smh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I swear that people be using the lane stealing as a lame excuse. Is it really that hard to icon pass in Park or Rec?
You gotta admit, icon passing in a mode like PNO player control (5v5) is incredibly more useful than in REC with randoms.

If I want to pass to lebron, I know he is the SF so I can get the pass off as fast as the game allows.

If I want to pass to one of the three guards in REC, ill be lucky to memorize the PG and SGs by their oversized afro's colors by the end of the first.

In PNO player control, its so easy to get the ball to the open man in time for them to hit shots wide open. In REC you pretty much gotta gamble with directional passing if you want your teammate to have enough time to shoot.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
I swear that people be using the lane stealing as a lame excuse. Is it really that hard to icon pass in Park or Rec?
i have to explain this to people all the time. Icon passing does not stop the cheese steals.

This game has a lot of automatic animations in it. meaning there are times where you will say icon pass it to player A, and the pass goes the direction of player C. WHY? because the game thinks thats the best thing to do contextually speaking. i would say 40 to 50% of the time, the AI is incorrect in making those decisions. and i hate it makes it at all. let me blow a play on my own. i dont need 2ks AI doing it for me.

in addition, the higher rated a player is, and the higher their defense is, steals rating, and interceptor badge is. and the lower rated your passing rating is, and the lower rated your guys overall is, and the lower rated if at all your needle threader badge is. the more chance for FAKE steals.

I call them fake because you are passing it in one direction and the ball starts to curve towards the defender, OR the classic, obvious quick pass down court, that should go quickly by the defender. but NO, it slows down mid air, giving the defender a chance to steal it. or giving a defender a chance to catch up to the catcher of the pass and block his shot or clamp him with that clamp badge.

This game is not about IQ anymore. its about what automatic steals i can get, and how to get them. i just gave you the formula.

-Boost your guys overall up as high as you can go.
-boost your guys steals rating as high as you can (especially if you're a defender arc)
-boost your interceptor badge as high as you can go

If a team has 2 or more of these guys running around. its curtains for most teams.

There's only one way to beat this cheese. its to have the offensive equivalent cheese.

-make sure your guy is highly rated
-make sure your guy is some type of playmaker with a passing rating of 90 or greater
-make sure you have green light money hired guns out there as teammates with every shooting badge imaginable. Range extender on silver at the least, but hopefully gold at minimum with shooters that are in the 80's + for 3's. preferably 90+ in 3's. this way all those badges will stack up.
-make sure the 2 ball handlers with high passing ratings also have needle threader on gold to hall of fame(preferred). also make sure you have bailout on gold to hall of fame.

Now pause for a moment. think about how op this sounds.

90 passing rating
badges: HOF needle threader + HOF bail out

^^^you will throw passes thru the bodies of anyone that doesnt have a steals rating of 80 + interceptor on gold or greater. and you will be able to commit to a jumper and have a defender close out on you perfectly, while you almost land, before passing it to a teammate for a perfect pass(thanks bailout badge). for a wide open 3 ball. why? because the defender on the other guy started streaking. why? because in real life, that would be a thrown away pass 9 times out of 10. 2k knows this, but they decided to have this OP bail out badge stacked with needle threader anyway.

This makes 2k20 an arcade game. not sim. so complaining about why other guys are not using their SIM IQ sounds good in theory. but in reality, think about what we're complaining about people. we're mad at someone for not being an arcade genius and half understanding basketball in the process.

This game gives way to much love to guys who are not that intelligent when it comes to actual basketball, but they do have those ratings, badges, ready to go. so they get to win lots of games and look good doing it.

in a nutshell. nba 2k20 is a low iq game thats predicated on having high ratings, and high badges.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:22 PM   #11
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
As someone who's been the PG of top 30 pro am teams in multiple 2k games without running the 5 out meta that has been around for years, I know how to icon pass just fine, thank you very much. You're a PNO player commenting in a thread about Rec. The same problems don't exist in different modes. No pass in the half court is a safe pass in Rec and Pro-Am, even worse if they are half-full defender. Sadly, the safest pass in the game seems to be break starter passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #12
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
As someone who's been the PG of top 30 pro am teams in multiple 2k games without running the 5 out meta that has been around for years, I know how to icon pass just fine, thank you very much. You're a PNO player commenting in a thread about Rec. The same problems don't exist in different modes. No pass in the half court is a safe pass in Rec and Pro-Am, even worse if they are half-full defender. Sadly, the safest pass in the game seems to be break starter passes.
Ummmmmmm....I play REC games too, and even moreso this year since I really like 2K20's gameplay. I can effectively play like a PG without having to be a dribble god. Normally, I don't touch the mode until around the NBA playoffs, but REC is my second most played mode after PNO this year. I just don't f*ck with Park, nor do I have in-depth conversations about the mode. Having said that. I'm sorry, but technically speaking and to me....there's really NOT a difference between the AI moving around the court versus a live person moving around the court. You read the defense, and you make the pass. If you're worry about people jumping around like fools trying to steal the ball, then SLOW IT DOWN. The problem with people is that they want to play at breakneck speed to hurry up and score.

It blows my mind how people make PG MyPlayers and average more turnovers than assists in Rec. People play so stupid on defense, it's a wonder that most playmakers don't average 10+ APG, yet...

And who knows...since I don't try to recreate any metas, I could be more an exception than the rule. I created a 6'0", 183 lb 2-way playmaker, and I love using it. I recognize that I still need to grind a few more badges (namely HOF Giant Slayer), but I play a "solid" game by not trying to overplay my role and keeping to my strengths. People be killing me trying to dismiss people's opinions just because a person is not a Ride and Die MyPlayer gamer.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 12-02-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:47 PM   #13
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakePostGreatAgain
You gotta admit, icon passing in a mode like PNO player control (5v5) is incredibly more useful than in REC with randoms.

If I want to pass to lebron, I know he is the SF so I can get the pass off as fast as the game allows.

If I want to pass to one of the three guards in REC, ill be lucky to memorize the PG and SGs by their oversized afro's colors by the end of the first.

In PNO player control, its so easy to get the ball to the open man in time for them to hit shots wide open. In REC you pretty much gotta gamble with directional passing if you want your teammate to have enough time to shoot.
I don't know what to tell you on that. I don't have a problem pushing the proper button for where I want to pass the ball to. When I'm bringing the ball up the court, I normally already have it pulled up, and it's not that hard to close it if I find myself in a good scoring opportunity. However, in the brief period that I had the icons up, I have already taken a mental snapshot of where everyone is at.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:06 PM   #14
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain

i have to explain this to people all the time. Icon passing does not stop the cheese steals.

This game has a lot of automatic animations in it. meaning there are times where you will say icon pass it to player A, and the pass goes the direction of player C. WHY? because the game thinks thats the best thing to do contextually speaking. i would say 40 to 50% of the time, the AI is incorrect in making those decisions. and i hate it makes it at all. let me blow a play on my own. i dont need 2ks AI doing it for me.

in addition, the higher rated a player is, and the higher their defense is, steals rating, and interceptor badge is. and the lower rated your passing rating is, and the lower rated your guys overall is, and the lower rated if at all your needle threader badge is. the more chance for FAKE steals.

I call them fake because you are passing it in one direction and the ball starts to curve towards the defender, OR the classic, obvious quick pass down court, that should go quickly by the defender. but NO, it slows down mid air, giving the defender a chance to steal it. or giving a defender a chance to catch up to the catcher of the pass and block his shot or clamp him with that clamp badge.

This game is not about IQ anymore. its about what automatic steals i can get, and how to get them. i just gave you the formula.

-Boost your guys overall up as high as you can go.
-boost your guys steals rating as high as you can (especially if you're a defender arc)
-boost your interceptor badge as high as you can go

If a team has 2 or more of these guys running around. its curtains for most teams.

There's only one way to beat this cheese. its to have the offensive equivalent cheese.

-make sure your guy is highly rated
-make sure your guy is some type of playmaker with a passing rating of 90 or greater
-make sure you have green light money hired guns out there as teammates with every shooting badge imaginable. Range extender on silver at the least, but hopefully gold at minimum with shooters that are in the 80's + for 3's. preferably 90+ in 3's. this way all those badges will stack up.
-make sure the 2 ball handlers with high passing ratings also have needle threader on gold to hall of fame(preferred). also make sure you have bailout on gold to hall of fame.

Now pause for a moment. think about how op this sounds.

90 passing rating
badges: HOF needle threader + HOF bail out

^^^you will throw passes thru the bodies of anyone that doesnt have a steals rating of 80 + interceptor on gold or greater. and you will be able to commit to a jumper and have a defender close out on you perfectly, while you almost land, before passing it to a teammate for a perfect pass(thanks bailout badge). for a wide open 3 ball. why? because the defender on the other guy started streaking. why? because in real life, that would be a thrown away pass 9 times out of 10. 2k knows this, but they decided to have this OP bail out badge stacked with needle threader anyway.

This makes 2k20 an arcade game. not sim. so complaining about why other guys are not using their SIM IQ sounds good in theory. but in reality, think about what we're complaining about people. we're mad at someone for not being an arcade genius and half understanding basketball in the process.

This game gives way to much love to guys who are not that intelligent when it comes to actual basketball, but they do have those ratings, badges, ready to go. so they get to win lots of games and look good doing it.

in a nutshell. nba 2k20 is a low iq game thats predicated on having high ratings, and high badges.
We'll have to agree to disagree. The game has never passed it to Player X when I selected Player B while using icon passing. The only problem that I may have occasionally is when I press the icon for a particular player, and game doesn't respond to my button press. In my mind, I'm already making the next move with the player (in PNO), or I cut to an open area (REC) not realizing that I still have the damn ball. It is what it is.

As far as the ball taking unnatural paths for fake steals...it what it is. That will happen regardless of the game mode or if you're icon, directional, or regular passing. That's been in the game for several 2Ks now. I hate it just a much as the next man.

Lastly, I would NEVER get the bail-out badge simply on the basic basketball fundamental of "Don't leave your feet unless you already know what you're going to do with the ball.". The fact that jump passes is an "important piece of strategy" for REC sounds ludacris to me. Then, why would I even ATTEMPT to throw a pass "through" bodies??? Think about what you just wrote. People believe that's what it takes to win, so they do it. If just play the game the "right way", you can still win with a lot less frustration.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:02 PM   #15
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

The problem is most people don't know how to create proper passing angles. Just because a defender left his man doesn't mean YOU'RE the one that's supposed to pass to him.

If the help is cutting off the swing pass then pass to the next man that can get the open man the ball. This a 5v5 sport. Not 1v5 or 2v5. Just because you see a guy open doesn't mean that YOU'RE the one that should get the assist.

You have to learn to play with other people no matter their skill level. Noone forced you to enter a random pool, YOU chose to. So either sacrifice your pride and your stats to get optimal results or accept the poor experience that you're contributing to.

Most people that play this game don't have actual basketball experience. Expecting them to play according to your playstyle is unrealistic. So if you have more "IQ" than them use it to make the whole team better in a way they can comprehend.

DISCLAIMER: I'm speaking in generalities. Not targeting anyone specifically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2019, 04:32 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree. The game has never passed it to Player X when I selected Player B while using icon passing. The only problem that I may have occasionally is when I press the icon for a particular player, and game doesn't respond to my button press. In my mind, I'm already making the next move with the player (in PNO), or I cut to an open area (REC) not realizing that I still have the damn ball. It is what it is.

As far as the ball taking unnatural paths for fake steals...it what it is. That will happen regardless of the game mode or if you're icon, directional, or regular passing. That's been in the game for several 2Ks now. I hate it just a much as the next man.

Lastly, I would NEVER get the bail-out badge simply on the basic basketball fundamental of "Don't leave your feet unless you already know what you're going to do with the ball.". The fact that jump passes is an "important piece of strategy" for REC sounds ludacris to me. Then, why would I even ATTEMPT to throw a pass "through" bodies??? Think about what you just wrote. People believe that's what it takes to win, so they do it. If just play the game the "right way", you can still win with a lot less frustration.
playing the game the right way will have you around .500 ball. assuming you have at least 3 other guys doing the same. you can kind of make the lets say ...dumb players smarter if you have 3 guys playing smart. eventually the randoms will start to realize "ohhh, so you're not just trying to get yours...so we're trying to actually win the game? oooh cool." because we all have to realize there's lots of people that dont have a solid crew of 2k friends playing rec. some do and some dont. those that dont get stuck with randoms so often they end up just trying to do badge work while playing because their chances of winning are so slim playing with hot dogs are two randoms that are friends playing buddy ball passing back and forth to each other while ignoring everyone else.

but anything above .500 is hard as hell to pull off unless your guy and your team is high rated with badges on gold and HOF in the right places.

this game is so heavy on overall and badges its not even funny.
in my humble opinion, you could be a .600 winner if you just have a slightly below average Bball IQ, but you have all your necessary high badges and are rated 95+, with a team full of guys just like you.

you can tell guys are not that good even though they are getting all of the love due to the above ratings and badges and you're still hanging in there based on IQ alone almost. lol.

But i know why 2k does it. i hate it, and i will continue to cry about it as long as i pay my good money for the game. They do it to make it easier for kids to play the game which is a HUUUUGE demographic of their customers. They know the era that they are in. where you have to give people stuff just for participating to keep them happy and playing. you have to reward them for just grinding on these badges and on the rep. to keep them playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »