Home

Low IQ players smh

This is a discussion on Low IQ players smh within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Low IQ players smh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBalla21
The problem is most people don't know how to create proper passing angles. Just because a defender left his man doesn't mean YOU'RE the one that's supposed to pass to him.

If the help is cutting off the swing pass then pass to the next man that can get the open man the ball. This a 5v5 sport. Not 1v5 or 2v5. Just because you see a guy open doesn't mean that YOU'RE the one that should get the assist.

You have to learn to play with other people no matter their skill level. Noone forced you to enter a random pool, YOU chose to. So either sacrifice your pride and your stats to get optimal results or accept the poor experience that you're contributing to.

Most people that play this game don't have actual basketball experience. Expecting them to play according to your playstyle is unrealistic. So if you have more "IQ" than them use it to make the whole team better in a way they can comprehend.

DISCLAIMER: I'm speaking in generalities. Not targeting anyone specifically.
^^sounds great in theory. until you run into that team where they wont give you the ball half the time even if you've proven that you're the best man to have the ball in his hands. even if you made it easier for them to score. they will still sabotage the game by going for self. and then call you trash to boot. lol.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:01 AM   #18
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
^^sounds great in theory. until you run into that team where they wont give you the ball half the time even if you've proven that you're the best man to have the ball in his hands. even if you made it easier for them to score. they will still sabotage the game by going for self. and then call you trash to boot. lol.
its usually the people that think that they are the best man to have the ball in their hand and think they have proven that , which makes you loose the game.
which is pretty much 99% of everyone in JRC.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:06 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
its usually the people that think that they are the best man to have the ball in their hand and think they have proven that , which makes you loose the game.
so you just basically had no response to what i said so this is what you came up with tru? lol.

I'm telling you. we're down early 15 to 2. guys playing buddy ball, passing it back and forth and air balling jumpers that never should've been taken with 2 guys drapped over you, or guys over dribbling, spamming size up moves trying to speed boost. its 2 seconds left and then you pass it to the guy in the post. he fumbles it... you hear the noise, shot clock violation. wash, rinse, repeat.

I get a rebound(since they refuse to give me the ball at all.) and i have to go all the way down court even with my big man(pathetic, i should be able to trust one of the perimeter guys to actually...you know..****n point but they are hot dogs are buddy ballers). But me playing smart basketball, i have my opposing big defender out of the paint guarding me because he's not sure what i'm about to do. i hesistate as if i'm going to the rack. he backs up. i do it again. he backs up. Got him. 3 seconds on defense violation. got him stuck in the paint trying to set up camp and cook smores in there. I get another rebound and have to go down the court again for the same reasons as above. they wont give me the ball no matter where i am and they are just chucking bad shot after bad shot.

I get the big to come out and fully commit. uh oh, one of the not so smart guys actually cuts back door. Lob pass. DUNK a defender came over late so he gets the And 1.

they give it to me now. I pass fake it and go to the rack. i get jumped of course since everyone hates to see a big dunk...lol. Pitch it out to the 3. wide open 3 for the chucker guy. Splash...green light 3 corner pocket.

i do this 2 more times. I'm the center or pf. sitting on 4 assists, 0 shot attempts. and we're now only down 4 pts before the half.

the 2nd half starts. and they go back to buddy ball. we lose by 20.

now you tell me, who was best on the ball?

i've played with guys(randoms) where i realized early...ok.. this dude really knows how to pass that ball and hit guys in the right spots. and its not always a perimeter player, sometimes its a big man in the halfcourt set that has great court vision and timing. I give the ball to that guy over and over and over again and let him run point or at least let him be the 2ndary playmaker. why? because I'll rather win then spam sizeup moves and brick shots all game long. where's the fun in that?
Old 12-03-2019, 10:10 AM   #20
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
I was thinking the same thing...

Everyone thinks that they're the best man to have the ball in their hands. No one wants to be a role player.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:21 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I was thinking the same thing...

Everyone thinks that they're the best man to have the ball in their hands. No one wants to be a role player.
some guys role is just that. be the guy that gets everyone involved. every PG or ball handler in the nba in real life is not a superstar. but 2k randoms just dont understand that. I also think there's an issue with guys coming into the rec trying to badge up. nope, take that ......back to your mycareer. i know my career can get boring at times. but dont come up in the rec trying to work on badges at the expense of everyone else losing and also probably not getting any badge work thanks to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2019, 11:27 AM   #22
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
some guys role is just that. be the guy that gets everyone involved. every PG or ball handler in the nba in real life is not a superstar. but 2k randoms just dont understand that. I also think there's an issue with guys coming into the rec trying to badge up. nope, take that ......back to your mycareer. i know my career can get boring at times. but dont come up in the rec trying to work on badges at the expense of everyone else losing and also probably not getting any badge work thanks to you.
Unless I'm doing something wrong, I felt like trying to badge up in REC or Park is entirely too slow. It's not worth "ruining" everyone's fun for my selfish needs. MyCareer and Player Nation is really the only places where you can get descent gains on your badges.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #23
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Why I was against badging up online from the start. Granted, the way points are achieved this year is an improvement over the last couple of games.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:50 AM   #24
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
so you just basically had no response to what i said so this is what you came up with tru? lol.

I'm telling you. we're down early 15 to 2. guys playing buddy ball, passing it back and forth and air balling jumpers that never should've been taken with 2 guys drapped over you, or guys over dribbling, spamming size up moves trying to speed boost. its 2 seconds left and then you pass it to the guy in the post. he fumbles it... you hear the noise, shot clock violation. wash, rinse, repeat.

I get a rebound(since they refuse to give me the ball at all.) and i have to go all the way down court even with my big man(pathetic, i should be able to trust one of the perimeter guys to actually...you know..****n point but they are hot dogs are buddy ballers). But me playing smart basketball, i have my opposing big defender out of the paint guarding me because he's not sure what i'm about to do. i hesistate as if i'm going to the rack. he backs up. i do it again. he backs up. Got him. 3 seconds on defense violation. got him stuck in the paint trying to set up camp and cook smores in there. I get another rebound and have to go down the court again for the same reasons as above. they wont give me the ball no matter where i am and they are just chucking bad shot after bad shot.

I get the big to come out and fully commit. uh oh, one of the not so smart guys actually cuts back door. Lob pass. DUNK a defender came over late so he gets the And 1.

they give it to me now. I pass fake it and go to the rack. i get jumped of course since everyone hates to see a big dunk...lol. Pitch it out to the 3. wide open 3 for the chucker guy. Splash...green light 3 corner pocket.

i do this 2 more times. I'm the center or pf. sitting on 4 assists, 0 shot attempts. and we're now only down 4 pts before the half.

the 2nd half starts. and they go back to buddy ball. we lose by 20.

now you tell me, who was best on the ball?

i've played with guys(randoms) where i realized early...ok.. this dude really knows how to pass that ball and hit guys in the right spots. and its not always a perimeter player, sometimes its a big man in the halfcourt set that has great court vision and timing. I give the ball to that guy over and over and over again and let him run point or at least let him be the 2ndary playmaker. why? because I'll rather win then spam sizeup moves and brick shots all game long. where's the fun in that?
i find it intresting that your posts are either you bragging about yourself or you crying about badges, animations or whatever that does not work in your favor in this game.

your post is nothing more but your perception of how things played out and what your role was in the whole.

it actually proves my point even more quite frankly.

JRC is full of people who think they are the reason the team has any chance of winning and its their teammates fault or 2k fault they are losing.

They where probably thinking about how they where doing the right things and you and others where screwing up which i why they went back to buddy ball in the 2nd half as you described.

the truth most likely lies somewhere in the middle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »