Home

The lay up animations are so good this year

This is a discussion on The lay up animations are so good this year within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2019, 02:04 AM   #9
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The lay up animations are so good this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Yes they are pretty awesome. What a lot of people don't notice is that you can change hands even if you launched in one directions. So like LeBron finishes with left finish on a left foot launch. It's nice small details.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How does one do this?

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 12-01-2019, 03:48 AM   #10
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

They're very good this year. The floater animations however need a major overhaul.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:42 PM   #11
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
welcome to the internet.

We give voice to all the annoyances we used to keep in our heads.

There is tons to love about this game. Heck I've already played about 100 myleague games (give her take a few minutes at the end of games that go away from me and I simmed to the end).

Franchise mode is crazy deep. And what I like best of all with NBA2k is how you can be as obsessive or as casual as you want with realism. You can tinker with every slider you can think of with contracts, progression/regression, sim stats, etc. You can edit anything you want if you don't like how things are going. You can do 30 team control, add or remove injuries, the list goes on and on.
Yeah, I know. I was trying to find some objective reviews about the Pixel 4, and I kept finding videos after videos of what wasn't done right about the phone. I FINALLY found a few videos where they actually said "If you're wanting certain features then this phone is NOT for you.", then gave the pros and cons about the phones based on what was included.

What pisses me off is that the same reviewers who were crapping on the phone in the first few days of release are now making videos of "Our bad! The Pixel 4 is actually a solid phone!".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2019, 11:46 AM   #12
Rookie

Totally agree. But quick question. What layup package are you using for Luka in that video?
Old 12-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Yeah, its the best its ever been in any basketball game. NBA2k20 as a whole is the best sports game to date. Sure there have been certain things in previous NBA2k games that have been better, and NBA2k20 has its flaws, but the things it does do good, makes up for the few things it does wrong. I probably havent had this much fun playing a basketball video game since CH2k8.

There will always be negative comments, thats just the way this younger generation is now days, they aint happy unless they are complaining about something. Dont get me wrong, the flaws need pointed out, and its frustrating, when issues go ignored year after year by 2k. But people claiming the devs are lazy is just wrong. Truth be told, probably many of the ones claiming the devs are lazy, are likely lazy themselves, lol.
nba 2k20 is not the best basketball game to date. the reason why isnt because of the positives. its because of the negatives. i'll name one. There's too many things that you the user SHOULD be controlling that you the user do not control and those things are controlled by the games AI in the background trying to give better contextual outcomes but actually making the game play less realistic than ever and leaving the user with less control than ever.

With all of what the OP has stated about the layups and those of you after that. you are correct, there are some sweet looking moves in this game. but it doesnt matter if i do that sweet move and blow point blank layups over and over and over again when a defender has his back turned because i put that nice move on him, or when i hit the button or the stick to do move A, and move C happens(miss or make..its still not what I attempted to do.)
Old 12-02-2019, 03:39 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
nba 2k20 is not the best basketball game to date. the reason why isnt because of the positives. its because of the negatives. i'll name one. There's too many things that you the user SHOULD be controlling that you the user do not control and those things are controlled by the games AI in the background trying to give better contextual outcomes but actually making the game play less realistic than ever and leaving the user with less control than ever.

With all of what the OP has stated about the layups and those of you after that. you are correct, there are some sweet looking moves in this game. but it doesnt matter if i do that sweet move and blow point blank layups over and over and over again when a defender has his back turned because i put that nice move on him, or when i hit the button or the stick to do move A, and move C happens(miss or make..its still not what I attempted to do.)

Please name a better basketball game and I’ll proceed to write u a list of flaws....... this game is incredible this year......

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-02-2019, 11:26 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The majority of standing layup animations are still way too slow, which makes them too easy to block/contest. Ditto for floater animations and euro step layups. All of those shot types should be quick flicks, but in 2K your player takes those shots like he's lugging around a heavy shotput instead of light basketball.

During reverse layups and cross-key layups defenders can literally jump through the rim to contest shots that they shouldn't be able to reach if the rim was coded as a solid object in-game (currently, only the ball is allowed to make contact with the rim; everything else just clips right through it). The game doesn't allow you to use the rim to protect yourself from a shot contest like you can in real basketball.

Also most of the reverse layup animations are too long and elaborate when that shot type is also just a quick flick of the wrist in most real life situations. There is one realistically fast reverse animation already in the game, but it's only available in the default big man layup package, and it only triggers like 20% of the time because there are a bunch of other sluggish reverses in that same animation package, and you can't control which one you're going to get when you enter the command for a reverse.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-02-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2019, 12:59 AM   #16
Pro

YungGun's Arena

The animations do look nice, but often times get blocked simply because they are too slow. I can't tell you how many times a player has started a simple standing layup and a center has come from the 3 point line to block it. This happens pretty often online.

Last edited by YungGun; 12-03-2019 at 08:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »