Home

What'd they put in the water for PS4 2K20?

This is a discussion on What'd they put in the water for PS4 2K20? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2019, 07:35 AM   #1
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

OVR: 0
What'd they put in the water for PS4 2K20?

I'm an xbox guy, but I have a real life friend on PS4 so got the game and console for that. What is happening on PS4. The randoms I played with in Rec were beyond anything I've ever seen. And it was every game. It was a turbo fest, a 'i dont know how to rotate on D' fest, dudes trying to dunk over 3 people, NO ONE icon passed, basically a circus. Is the median age on PS4 10 yrs old and the typical 2k player a casual player? Might be just a different demographic.

Here's the kinda thing I'm talking about.. I had 10 ast last game as a center, the PG was passing to me the whole game, cool. Then the next game, the same PG stayed on and completely froze me out, while we lost by 20. Hilarious. And I thought xbox randoms were bad. Seriously xbox's randoms could probably beat some of PS4's pro-am teams. I felt like I was in some National Geographic crap where they find some village that's never been exposed to the outside world, but instead of that, it was like they never seen basketball strategy before. I might have to be a missionary of iQ for these poor PS4 saps. Unbelievable.

Last edited by TheFgGoatLikesHawks; 12-04-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What'd they put in the water for PS4 2K20?

It's not console specific. What you describe is noting but an an average day online, on any platform, in any game.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:34 PM   #3
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
It's not console specific. What you describe is noting but an an average day online, on any platform, in any game.
Not in my experience. Before getting it recently, I owned ps4 for 2k16 and noticed the same thing. Ive been on xbox the whole time and whenever I switch to Ps4 Ive seen a big dropoff in competition. Also i'd put the 2k Randoms among the lowest iq of any videogame community.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:51 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Competition is competition. I never noticed a difference in competition between the two consoles.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:51 AM   #5
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Played online across multiple consoles and PC - it's been the same across the board for me. Generally horrid experiences all round.

The platform is irrelevant, it's people that are the problem.

Some days you get lucky and are able to play against or with decent folk, rest of the time it's a cess pit of societies worst, all wrapped up with a mic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2019, 04:26 AM   #6
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

PS4 has WAY more players than Xbox. More players = higher chance to match with casuals who have no idea what they're doing.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:50 AM   #7
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Online is mainly comprised of casuals, no matter what platform.

These kind of threads are just screaming platform bias or a console war waiting to happen.

There's trash across all systems of play, that's just how it is online - people want to play games, not basketball in the manner some of us appreciate.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:27 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
PS4 has WAY more players than Xbox. More players = higher chance to match with casuals who have no idea what they're doing.
I think this is the main factor. There is definitely a noticeable difference between the two. I think it's way more casuals on PS4 which makes the scrub count that much higher.

I've been playing both since 2k16. The casual park players and JRC/Walk On players are way worse on PS4 than Xbox. It's a different story in PRO-Am and Ante Up though. I think PS4 players are a tad bit better in the more competitive game modes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »