Home

Losing your OVR was a terrible idea.

This is a discussion on Losing your OVR was a terrible idea. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2020, 11:17 PM   #25
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Losing your OVR was a terrible idea.

It's easier to assume I'm bad at the game rather than the system is inherently flawed?

I'm a slasher on all my characters. I can score 100 points a game of i wanted. I ALWAYS play good defense as I'm a 2way on all my characters as well. But my point is that i don't WANT to have to score 30 a game. I'm being punished for spreading the ball around and getting my CPU teammates involved. Especially on my PG, i play on the Lakers. I'm trying to get AD 20 LBJ 20 and still keep my scoring at a reasonable rate. ESPECIALLY that character i could score every time down but i ENJOY slowing the break for a LeBron or AD alley oop. I run plays that lets LBJ run the possession while i stand in the corner.

On my SF i WANT Luka and KP to get theirs.

My point is i ALWAYS have a teammate grade of A+. I ALWAYS score highly efficient. I'm ALWAYS shutting down my man.

But because I'm playing TEAM ball in career I'm being punished.

It's not that it's DIFFICULT to get a 99 every game. It's that i don't agree with the system.

If i had 10 points and 10 assists at PG with low turn overs every game, that's better than 90% of starting PGs in the real NBA.

If i get a 10, 10, 10 triple double on my SF every game i would be making MILLIONS of dollars in the real NBA.

That's my point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2020, 12:25 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
It's easier to assume I'm bad at the game rather than the system is inherently flawed?

I'm a slasher on all my characters. I can score 100 points a game of i wanted. I ALWAYS play good defense as I'm a 2way on all my characters as well. But my point is that i don't WANT to have to score 30 a game. I'm being punished for spreading the ball around and getting my CPU teammates involved. Especially on my PG, i play on the Lakers. I'm trying to get AD 20 LBJ 20 and still keep my scoring at a reasonable rate. ESPECIALLY that character i could score every time down but i ENJOY slowing the break for a LeBron or AD alley oop. I run plays that lets LBJ run the possession while i stand in the corner.

On my SF i WANT Luka and KP to get theirs.

My point is i ALWAYS have a teammate grade of A+. I ALWAYS score highly efficient. I'm ALWAYS shutting down my man.

But because I'm playing TEAM ball in career I'm being punished.

It's not that it's DIFFICULT to get a 99 every game. It's that i don't agree with the system.

If i had 10 points and 10 assists at PG with low turn overs every game, that's better than 90% of starting PGs in the real NBA.

If i get a 10, 10, 10 triple double on my SF every game i would be making MILLIONS of dollars in the real NBA.

That's my point.
i wasn’t assuming you’re bad at the game, what i’m saying that there’s no way you’re not getting a 99.9 with those numbers.

in my experience i never have to score a lot of points to get the 99.9.
there was a game i had 19 points, 8 assist and 3 rebounds with a steal and i simmed the rest of game as soon as the third quarter started and still got my 99.9 performance. i even had two turnovers that game. got my regular takeover twice that game. i’m also a slasher. i’m just trying to help you out and give you tips 🤷🏾*♂️
Old 01-04-2020, 01:01 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
i wasn’t assuming you’re bad at the game, what i’m saying that there’s no way you’re not getting a 99.9 with those numbers.

in my experience i never have to score a lot of points to get the 99.9.
there was a game i had 19 points, 8 assist and 3 rebounds with a steal and i simmed the rest of game as soon as the third quarter started and still got my 99.9 performance. i even had two turnovers that game. got my regular takeover twice that game. i’m also a slasher. i’m just trying to help you out and give you tips 🤷🏾*♂️
I played 4 career games to get myself to a 98.6.

I play 2 rec games with friends and we lose both games and I'm a 97.7.

That's my point.

I had 11 points, 6 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 blocks and i get a 95.6?

There's literally no point I trying to maintain it. I had a nice contact dunk early on because at a 98 i have an 85 driving dunk.

Now i gotta play all those games again to get my contacts back? I'm literally thinking about not playing this game at all if this is how it's going to be.

The 2 teams we faced played the passing lanes all game. They shoot the lights out in transition. There's no reason to play if every time i grind up my character I'm just going to lose it again by playing against cheesers.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #28
Pro

I posted about it months ago but I agree that the system is very poorly implemented. The biggest problem is the only way to get a rating higher than 97 is to win. It doesn’t matter how well you play in a loss. In online play, this results in a sizeable chunk of 95+ players unwilling to play with randoms for fear of losing their rating. I could understand a win giving a bonus but it doesn’t make sense that a 99.9 stat line in a win is a 95.8 in a loss. The bonus for a win should be one point or something more reasonable. As it stands currently, you need to maintain a 70%+ winning percentage online to stay at a 99 which is immensely difficult with randoms.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I posted about it months ago but I agree that the system is very poorly implemented. The biggest problem is the only way to get a rating higher than 97 is to win. It doesn’t matter how well you play in a loss. In online play, this results in a sizeable chunk of 95+ players unwilling to play with randoms for fear of losing their rating. I could understand a win giving a bonus but it doesn’t make sense that a 99.9 stat line in a win is a 95.8 in a loss. The bonus for a win should be one point or something more reasonable. As it stands currently, you need to maintain a 70%+ winning percentage online to stay at a 99 which is immensely difficult with randoms.
Hell, it's difficult with a squad. We played 4 games, lost the first 2, blew out the next 2. I started at 98.6. Ended the night at 97.9

The game is rigged. It's literally not sustainable.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #30
MVP

Lol... So no matter what you do. You only get .1 if you're a 98. Played 2 career games today. 99.0 first one, 99.3 the second one. Both 30 point triple doubles and went from 98.0 to 98.2.

I just... I can't...
Old 01-05-2020, 12:54 PM   #31
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Lol... So no matter what you do. You only get .1 if you're a 98. Played 2 career games today. 99.0 first one, 99.3 the second one. Both 30 point triple doubles and went from 98.0 to 98.2.

I just... I can't...
Here's an idea....

Enjoy the game and quit worrying about getting to 99.9 ovr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2020, 04:01 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
Here's an idea....

Enjoy the game and quit worrying about getting to 99.9 ovr.
If i lose a game currently on that character without getting him to a 99 then i lose 2 of my 3 contact dunk packages, along with my layup package i unlocked at 80 driving layup. Since unlocking these animations I've lost them 4 times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »