Home

More Stat Overlays for Myleague

This is a discussion on More Stat Overlays for Myleague within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
More Stat Overlays for Myleague/MyGm

I've been bringing up more stat overlays for years for myleague. I think they can make the game vastly more interesting. Even if they are predetermined. Pre game. Why not have standings everytime, both star player stats, starting lineup stats for both teams, team rankings, am I going up against the best scoring offense? If I'm leading the league in scoring SAY IT pre game or if my opponent is.

During games more league leader stats. Just overall more STATS. I want to know the other team and what they are doing during the season instead of checking the menus. I've played games I have no idea what the other team players are averaging in anything. I've played games where I was leading the league in points and rebounds but it was never mentioned.

Its to random and rare. If some dont want slow down in gameplay make it skippable. Myleague received nothing this year. Stat overlays would have added to the immersion factor. The game needs MORE stat overlays during myleague games. I posted and posted and posted. This is a must have for myleague. I thought they would have added it by now. Doesnt seem huge to add. Idk. Hopefully a developer one of these years read these type of post and implement. More stat overlays 2k. IMMERSION

One more thing its a video game. When your watching real games the commentators fill you in on everything. Video game they just ramble on repetitively. We need more stat overlays to fill us in. Like I said make them skippable but I want A MEGA TON of overlays. Games get bland sometimes not knowing anything.

Last edited by haloofduty; 01-10-2020 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Correcting Title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2020, 08:14 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: More Stat Overlays for Myleague

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I've been bringing up more stat overlays for years for myleague. I think they can make the game vastly more interesting. Even if they are predetermined. Pre game. Why not have standings everytime, both star player stats, starting lineup stats for both teams, team rankings, am I going up against the best scoring offense? If I'm leading the league in scoring SAY IT pre game or if my opponent is.

During games more league leader stats. Just overall more STATS. I want to know the other team and what they are doing during the season instead of checking the menus. I've played games I have no idea what the other team players are averaging in anything. I've played games where I was leading the league in points and rebounds but it was never mentioned.

Its to random and rare. If some dont want slow down in gameplay make it skippable. Myleague received nothing this year. Stat overlays would have added to the immersion factor. The game needs MORE stat overlays during myleague games. I posted and posted and posted. This is a must have for myleague. I thought they would have added it by now. Doesnt seem huge to add. Idk. Hopefully a developer one of these years read these type of post and implement. More stat overlays 2k. IMMERSION

One more thing its a video game. When your watching real games the commentators fill you in on everything. Video game they just ramble on repetitively. We need more stat overlays to fill us in. Like I said make them skippable but I want A MEGA TON of overlays. Games get bland sometimes not knowing anything.
Definitively agreed !
Old 01-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Definitively agreed !
Also agree. It would make such a difference. I completely feel you on that paper-thin feeling of playing anonymous teams during the season and feeling like you're missing out on potential storylines and drama. It's mind-boggling.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:03 PM   #4
Pro

I post it every year. Every year wishlist thread. I wish a developer understood that this small addition would be HUGE. Maybe one of these years. The stat overlays they have now are ok but hardly pop up. We need more and more information about our opponent.

I played the Mavs today. Had no idea what Luka was averaging. Hardaway average popped up. I want to know about EVERYBODY. If Luka leading the league in scoring tell me pre game. If a developer ever reads this please add massive information pre game and stat overlays during game. Show both starting lineup averages. Points, rebounds, assist ect.

This would do absolute wonders for presentation and immersion. Up the stat overlays 80 percent and make them skippable for people that wanna stay in the flow of the game. Second half calm them down but 1st half let us know everything that we would learn on a tv broadcast. Would be a mega amazing addition for myleague/ mygm
Old 01-10-2020, 12:11 AM   #5
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Completely agree with you! This change would definitely make the game feel more authentic. However, I think this is something we'll see in the next generation of gaming. Past few years have seen minimal changes and I think 2K has reached their cap and are looking forward.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

As an avid MyLeague player man I couldn't agree more. It's the little things. Late in a close game I shouldn't be looking up the player at the free throw lines free throw percentage. This should be conveyed every time a player is at the line, like real life. What's odd is that 2K tracks everything; assists per game vs certain teams, avgs in wins vs avg in losses, playoffs vs regular season; season over season, MVP race, rookie of the year race, 6th man of the year...everything. Theres this wealth of pertinent player info just sitting there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-10-2020, 10:01 AM   #7
Pro

That would be so cool if free throw line percentage popped up at the end of the game at the line. I wish they go all out with stats in game. Myleague already the best franchise but playing the games become stale. If they give you a wealth of information on your opponent in pregame and during the game that would be so authentic and immersive.

Thing is it doesn't seem like a big feature to implement. Sometimes it seems like stat overlays don't pop up cause the commentators always rambling on but uninteresting crap. Where they are doing straight gameplay they pop up more. Still no where near enough though.

Score ticker during games would be awesome also. Now that my be harder to implement but pre game stats and wayyyyyyy more stat overlays seems like it wouldnt be to hard. Maybe it is idk but I hope they see this and implement it.

I feel like the whole 1st quarter should give the most infomation with overlays. As the game goes die it down some but still give crucial information in the 2nd half. Alot of the overlays we need are already in game they are just rare and dont pop up for everyone only specific players. We need it for all players 2k. At least the starters and 6th man.

This would change myleague/mygm drasically. I wouldnt even need anymore features (well score ticker during games and halftime scores around the league) Just bug fixes. Oh my bad the random silent crowd noise.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:49 AM   #8
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

This is something I bring up every year too. Couldn't agree more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »