Home

Is anyone a little nervous heading into 2K21 next gen?

This is a discussion on Is anyone a little nervous heading into 2K21 next gen? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2020, 08:57 PM   #1
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Is anyone a little nervous heading into 2K21 next gen?

Firstly it feels like yesterday that 2K14 trailer dropped. Has it been over 6 years already?

2K14 looked great, but it was bare bones. No MyLeague, other modes weren't deep at all. VC was implemented very weirdly (remember having to spend VC the first time you changed your line up?). The game felt like a tech demo.

Do you think the same will happen this coming September or we'll get a deep game?

And just for nostalgia's sake.

https://youtu.be/GJlptY6G4SQ

Last edited by Smirkin Dirk; 01-17-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2020, 09:07 PM   #2
Rookie

m29a's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is anyone a little nervous heading into 2K21 next gen?

Tough to say how they'll handle it this time around. Ideally it won't be as barebones, but if it is I personally won't be too bothered. I lean more towards gameplay/graphics, and if they feel a rebuild is necessary again to achieve another level with that, then I think it's worth it.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
Banned

I don’t plan on buying the first batch of next gen games/console....... too much trial and error and bugs, I say holidays 2021 is the ideal time they get stuff figured out

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-17-2020, 11:04 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

By sports game standards, I feel like 2K has been at least solid at generation changes. 2K14 was arguably the best looking game at launch, and it still may be the best looking 2K on some level.

But yeah, I'm sure there will be some rough patches as usual.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Eddiespagghetti's Arena

Naw. 2k translated well last gen. But, I'd suggest not even buying thr next gen console until after 2 years. And if you do, I'd skip on 2K until 2k22 when it'll have more devs experienced on working with the PS5/xbox one two or whatever they want to call it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2020, 11:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
By sports game standards, I feel like 2K has been at least solid at generation changes. 2K14 was arguably the best looking game at launch, and it still may be the best looking 2K on some level.

But yeah, I'm sure there will be some rough patches as usual.
for ps5 with the no loading times and think a 100GB disk storage on the disk not sure on that

maybe it means lees patches

I would on maybe release 2k as 2 60$ games one were its my league/gm and 1 for carrer park rec maybe this would lower VC if 2K can get 120$ out of us rather then 60$ who am I kidding its 2K the vc champs
Old 01-18-2020, 01:47 AM   #7
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Honestly, they've been so behind the times this whole generation anyways. 2k20 still uses canned animations instead of a fluid physics engine. It's the same engine as PS3 and it's been dated this whole time.

If it's not a revolutionary new engine, I'm not buying it. This would literally be the 4th console generation with code from the early 2000s? No thanks. Gut it and start over or I'm out.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:24 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods2
for ps5 with the no loading times and think a 100GB disk storage on the disk not sure on that

maybe it means lees patches

I would on maybe release 2k as 2 60$ games one were its my league/gm and 1 for carrer park rec maybe this would lower VC if 2K can get 120$ out of us rather then 60$ who am I kidding its 2K the vc champs
Makes the most sense logically, but business wise...not gonna happen. Why spend extra time on modes that won’t generate extra income.

As of now, more bricking is 2Ks way of separating park and single player modes. I dont expect anything to change regarding that aspect.

PS5 2Ks advertisement will be visuals and “physics-based” movement...same as always just worded different most likely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »