Home

Idea for Floor General/Defensive Leader to help bring team play to online and MyCaree

This is a discussion on Idea for Floor General/Defensive Leader to help bring team play to online and MyCaree within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Idea for Floor General/Defensive Leader to help bring team play to online and MyCaree

Instead of up to +4 to all respective attributes and the annoying numbers on screen. I feel like these badges could be way cooler. If you're playing career i feel like players with these badges should help their teammates know where to be. Plays should work better, have a higher success rate on shots, but also they should execute cuts, picks, and know when to roll/fade better.

I also think there should be new animations for Floor General. Often times when ball handlers call plays they'll hold you their hand while dribbling up the court signaling which play to run. When calling for a screen they'll wave which player they want forward, or sometimes they'll wave off a screen. I think the screen animations could be for everyone, but calling plays would be really cool to see.

As for online play, i think if you have a PG with HOF FG there should be highlighted spots on the floor where you should stand, or queues in the top of your screen signaling "SPACE!" or "CUT TO BASKET!" When playing off the ball. I think this would really help us playing with randoms. This should also correlate to what kind of character you have, obviously shooters would have more prompts to space and also get a boost from shooting from those spots.

As for the ball handler, he should get prompts as to who's open and who's not. Similar to the Madden ability Pro Reads. He can tell who's hot and cold like we had a few years back. You can pull up an L1 that shows you how close someone is to takeover, but i feel like this should be onscreen if they have FG HOF and the playmaker takeover.

If someone doesnt have the PM takeover selected as they went for Shot Creator or Slasher, this could be a really cool feature to help players be more pass first.

They say great offensive players can see the game before it happens. This could REALLY give good ball handlers an edge. And incentivize passing vs. Just being a good dribbler to score.

I feel like this could be a little OP as well so MISSING these prompts and electing to shoot bad shots and drive in a congested paint would DRASTICALLY drop takeover and/or teammate grade for ball handlers.

This year teams tend to have their main ball handler be their #1 scoring option as they hide behind a wall of screens. And then they have shooters all along the perimeter just standing around in case they get doubled.

Having a feature like this could REALLY help us to run set offenses. To help us with good rotations and spacing. I think an intertwined system with harsher penalties for missing rotations and shooting bad shots could weed out selfish play and also help develop the BBall IQ of the community as a whole.

Now, for my defenders out there...

Remember when last year they announced that offensive and defensive communication was going to be displayed above your character? I remember being super excited about it and then severely disappointed when it wasn't implemented for online play. I think more so than those pointless numbers and boosting our teammates steal rating, i would LOVE to see my player calling out defensive assignments. KG was probably the most animated player I've seen do this every play.

"YO! PICK UP BALL!" "PLAY UP ON THAT SCREEN!" I would be ELATED to hear my player call out teammates for bad rotations. If they score, have a little chat with your teammate that just gave up an easy score. I also think this could help randoms. If im playing a pick up game in REC and i hit a button to call a defensive set, players should be penalized for not responding.

I think it's crazy that the PG in team Pro-Am is the only player who can call defensive plays. If i have Defensive Leader HOF i should be able to call defensive plays in Career, Rec, or team. These plays should be automatic like in career, or manual if i choose. If i call out PRESS! In a tight game, everyone should get a prompt saying PRESS! Or TRAP! And just like in career i should be able to choose full court or half court.

I think both of these badges could REALLY amp up team play in all modes. Help educate the community and really penalize teammates for bad help/sloppy rotations.

I don't think that this should be something people could abuse. Like, equipping this badge just so i can get crappy teammates kicked, or just calling bad plays to penalize the team. I think that there should be penalties all around. If i equip these badges *I* should be responsible for making the right reads and setting the example. Similar to Madden, if i make a bad read or a bad play i lose my takeover instantly.

Idk... What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2020, 12:29 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Idea for Floor General/Defensive Leader to help bring team play to online and MyC

Upppppppppp
Old 01-23-2020, 02:16 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Idea for Floor General/Defensive Leader to help bring team play to online and MyC

(I have marked this to read it but haven't gotten around to it yet)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »