Home

Basic Help Needed

This is a discussion on Basic Help Needed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2020, 12:59 PM   #1
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

OVR: 15
Basic Help Needed

Hello,

I used to play NBA 2K games back in the day. It was clear. Now I jumped into MyLeague and it's unnecessarily confusing that I need some help with basic info. Back in the day giving minutes etc and just moving the players on a roster board I was able to build rotations.

Now when I go into Coaching I see all the teams, but the one I'm playing with. Then I press A and it's even more confusing I see the minutes I gave a player minutes and took away all minutes from another the player I gave minutes to is still RES and the other is still among the bench players. Then I go in to this graph which is even more confusing. Can someone help me out a bit please? Thank you.

The other thing the AI just makes every shot I know it's a slider thing but it's amazing how the AI makes 80% of FG/3PT and all FTs while even with sliders my players barely do 30% with open shots (i know git gud etc I don't need that). Is there a little tweak like not a full slider set to ease my pain here while I learn how to play because currently the game basically takes away my will to even learn or play.

Last edited by Rewmac; 01-25-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Basic Help Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac
Hello,

I used to play NBA 2K games back in the day. It was clear. Now I jumped into MyLeague and it's unnecessarily confusing that I need some help with basic info. Back in the day giving minutes etc and just moving the players on a roster board I was able to build rotations.

Now when I go into Coaching I see all the teams, but the one I'm playing with. Then I press A and it's even more confusing I see the minutes I gave a player minutes and took away all minutes from another the player I gave minutes to is still RES and the other is still among the bench players. Then I go in to this graph which is even more confusing. Can someone help me out a bit please? Thank you.

The other thing the AI just makes every shot I know it's a slider thing but it's amazing how the AI makes 80% of FG/3PT and all FTs while even with sliders my players barely do 30% with open shots (i know git gud etc I don't need that). Is there a little tweak like not a full slider set to ease my pain here while I learn how to play because currently the game basically takes away my will to even learn or play.

I always start with fixing the all teams coach game plan before I set a team specific game plan. An injury or a player sent to the g league can cause issues. I’ll post a video below for more help.

I’d just lower the difficulty to help with frustration.

Fixing game plan issues starts at about the 12:45 mark. It’s 2k19 but my guess is it still applies. I have a bunch of other vids explaining MyLeague if you need them.

https://youtu.be/HeBLVrN-7uc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I always start with fixing the all teams coach game plan before I set a team specific game plan. An injury or a player sent to the g league can cause issues. I’ll post a video below for more help.

I’d just lower the difficulty to help with frustration.

Fixing game plan issues starts at about the 12:45 mark. It’s 2k19 but my guess is it still applies. I have a bunch of other vids explaining MyLeague if you need them.

https://youtu.be/HeBLVrN-7uc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks a bunch. To be honest it's just me. I'm rushing and forcing shots and I'm not that good of a defender. I use LT a lot and the right stick but CPU always scores.

Old 01-25-2020, 05:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Rewmac's Arena

I think I just made a bad call buying the game after all these years. I don't enjoy at all and really want to. I mean on Pro I'm loosing by 23 points while the CPU dunks on my defenders all the time makes alley oops and barely misses a shot while on the other side I can't even get open even if I do they miss. Shame how this game devolved over the past 5 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »