Home

AI- On ball defense

This is a discussion on AI- On ball defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AI- On ball defense

Is anyone else having a problem with the Computers defense? While I’m bringing the ball up the court after a make by the computer there Defender will meet my point guard at the half court line basically and all I have to do in press forward on the left stick and he will blow right by him and I’ll either get an easy lay up or a foul every time. It’s really frustrating because I really do like this game other than this issue. Any recommendations on how to make it harder to just blow by the defender? Btw this is on Hall of Fame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2020, 02:06 PM   #2
Pro

Re: AI- On ball defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsfan112
Is anyone else having a problem with the Computers defense? While I’m bringing the ball up the court after a make by the computer there Defender will meet my point guard at the half court line basically and all I have to do in press forward on the left stick and he will blow right by him and I’ll either get an easy lay up or a foul every time. It’s really frustrating because I really do like this game other than this issue. Any recommendations on how to make it harder to just blow by the defender? Btw this is on Hall of Fame
Try to increase On Ball Defense to 70, and lower your speed, acceleration sliders to 45 while raising the computers to lateral quickness to 55 (or more).... you need to mess with the sliders a bit.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #3
Rookie

m29a's Arena

I recall you making a thread in the past on this same subject in the past but you never provided further information.

Are you able to do this literally every single time against any player or just against a certain player? Which player is it and what are their defensive ratings? Because match-ups do matter a lot, and this year there is a big gap between a good defender and a bad one.

Blow-bys are common in the real life games. You cannot stonewall people on the perimeter because it would be a foul. And as long as your inside fg% isn't unrealistically high (your end game stats would be helpful here), I don't see the issue personally.

Edit: I will absolutely concede that driving baseline on the fast break is way too easy.

Last edited by m29a; 01-30-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Increasing also help defense slider can help. Agree with the fact that you cannot stonewall players.

The point is you shouldn't score every time you blowbye and my game experience prove that this is not true.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #5
Banned

I think the issue is the computer will press up on you well beyond the 3pt line and it allows you to just blow by them well beyond the 3 pt line . This is regardless of sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2020, 06:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
I think the issue is the computer will press up on you well beyond the 3pt line and it allows you to just blow by them well beyond the 3 pt line . This is regardless of sliders.
True. In real match the defender leaves two meters gap well beyond the 3pt line, in hte game you have constantly the defender close to you.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
I recall you making a thread in the past on this same subject in the past but you never provided further information.

Are you able to do this literally every single time against any player or just against a certain player? Which player is it and what are their defensive ratings? Because match-ups do matter a lot, and this year there is a big gap between a good defender and a bad one.

Blow-bys are common in the real life games. You cannot stonewall people on the perimeter because it would be a foul. And as long as your inside fg% isn't unrealistically high (your end game stats would be helpful here), I don't see the issue personally.

Edit: I will absolutely concede that driving baseline on the fast break is way too easy.
I just played a game with trae young with Jamal Murray guarding him. Murray would pick up at the half court line and I could just press the left stick forward without turbo and he would go right by him every time
Old 01-31-2020, 09:29 AM   #8
Rookie

I see this problem as well. The AI defender needs to be a good defender for this NOT to happen. The problem is the AI doesn't acknowledge this and just plays too tight of defense to the PG regardless of how bad the defender is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »