Home

Salary Cap absolutely ridiculous after just 3 seasons in MyLeague

This is a discussion on Salary Cap absolutely ridiculous after just 3 seasons in MyLeague within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2020, 10:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Salary Cap absolutely ridiculous after just 3 seasons in MyLeague

It’s just dumb. There are literally dozens of players that are rated 80+ that don’t get picked up by any teams throughout the offseason. Is there any way to fix this? Completely kills all immersion in long term MyLeagues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2020, 08:18 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Salary Cap absolutely ridiculous after just 3 seasons in MyLeague

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
It’s just dumb. There are literally dozens of players that are rated 80+ that don’t get picked up by any teams throughout the offseason. Is there any way to fix this? Completely kills all immersion in long term MyLeagues.
30 team user control.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #3
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I also edited the contract sliders so that most players will accept a lot less.

It means though that a lot of mid range players end up accepting vet min contracts, but the highest I get in FA is around 76 to 77 rated players
Old 02-12-2020, 01:36 AM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
Problem is that the myleague devs didnt Account for the ratings Inflation. too many players have too high ratings, so salaries need to go down on average. but salary logic is still Few years old where mid-70 ratings meant a Player is a 6th man/starter caliber Player. 80+ Were allstars and still want to be paid like that.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #5
Rookie

I have a solution that seems to work pretty well for me without thirty team control. First, I set the cap at 119 to start with max inflation. Then I have a set of sliders that turns down the effect of potential, fame, etc. with the max and min ratings both at 50.

Every year when free agency starts, min is at 50. After the moratorium ends, I raise it into the 60s, then every two or so days after that I raise it again until it’s 100 around day 10 or so (then I reset it to 50 after FA ends). I haven’t done a lot of scientific testing (or any, actually), but I find it works pretty well to get just about everybody decent into a roster.

What it means is that except for max level free agents, you will pay less the deeper you are into free agency. By day 10, veterans in the high 70s to low 80s will sign min deals. For someone young like De’Anthony Melton, you might pay 6-8 million a year for him in the moratorium but if you wait till the end and he’s still there you’ll pay more like 2.

I feel like it does a decent job of mimicking the real dynamic where mid level guys who don’t sign before the money dries up end up getting underpaid. My only real qualm with it is that it doesn’t prevent me from signing those guys on four year deals they would never sign in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2020, 03:03 PM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfruit
I have a solution that seems to work pretty well for me without thirty team control. First, I set the cap at 119 to start with max inflation. Then I have a set of sliders that turns down the effect of potential, fame, etc. with the max and min ratings both at 50.

Every year when free agency starts, min is at 50. After the moratorium ends, I raise it into the 60s, then every two or so days after that I raise it again until it’s 100 around day 10 or so (then I reset it to 50 after FA ends). I haven’t done a lot of scientific testing (or any, actually), but I find it works pretty well to get just about everybody decent into a roster.

What it means is that except for max level free agents, you will pay less the deeper you are into free agency. By day 10, veterans in the high 70s to low 80s will sign min deals. For someone young like De’Anthony Melton, you might pay 6-8 million a year for him in the moratorium but if you wait till the end and he’s still there you’ll pay more like 2.

I feel like it does a decent job of mimicking the real dynamic where mid level guys who don’t sign before the money dries up end up getting underpaid. My only real qualm with it is that it doesn’t prevent me from signing those guys on four year deals they would never sign in real life.

That's genius! I'm gonna give it a try in my next offseason.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:12 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfruit

This is a cool idea, even if you are playing 30 team user control.

Some players are still asking way too much by the end of free agency so you have to go to a team with cap space, sign them, edit their contract, then assign to the team you actually want them on.

This might make the process easier. Definitely worth a try.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:28 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Problem is that the myleague devs didnt Account for the ratings Inflation. too many players have too high ratings, so salaries need to go down on average. but salary logic is still Few years old where mid-70 ratings meant a Player is a 6th man/starter caliber Player. 80+ Were allstars and still want to be paid like that.
2k11 and 2k12 had a pretty good rating scale. They redid it in 2k15, then it just went south after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »