Home

Why's it so hard to win a Ring?

This is a discussion on Why's it so hard to win a Ring? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2020, 05:15 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Why's it so hard to win a Ring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I have 4 characters and won the Finals on 3 of them. I play on Superstar. It's pretty simple,actually. First off, averaging 50ppg is the easy way to play. The hard way is being patient, reading the defense, and taking what they give you.

For my PG it was pretty simple. I was on the Lakers for that character. I have plays turned on, but you're right, the CPU defense is turned up the farther you go in the playoffs.

So simply stated, i would play good defense and get easy transition buckets. LBJ is usually the first one on the break so that was pretty easy.

My 2nd character was created before the real NBA season started and he's on the Mavs. So, unfortunately for me Luka was relatively no help in the Finals. He's still only rated a 90 in my second season. My character is a SF on that team so i was able to play good D, wreak havoc on transition and win pretty handily.

Both of these characters are 2 way slashers so i was able to win basically by causing TOs and shutting down my match up.

Last character was my SG who is NOT defensively oriented. This character i had to play more selfish. But even tho i was shooting a lot, i still only averaged like 38PPG but also like 7 assists. Luka and KP were playing much better in this series, but i was matched up with the 76ers who have the length to bother both of them. I tried Luka at the 1 and 2, i tried KP at the 4 and 5. Both of them kept getting clamped up. So about game 4 was when i just started going off.

Point is... You have to pass SOME of the time. You can't just win a championship by yourself, even on a video game.
Yep listen to HP^, if you play team ball while you take over when necessary similar to real life. you will easily win rings. now that doesnt mean its going to be all sweeps. but you will win a lot more games in the playoffs. one thing 2k did get right is the more you setup your teammates the better / harder they play on both ends. even once you're subbed out. thats why just playing hero jordan ball and scoring like crazy isnt the best move. you can do it once to close out a team or get that game 3 when your're at your opponents home court and you went up 2 - 0 in a series. the cpu is coming out HARD in game 3 like real life.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:06 PM   #10
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzer86
I get that but it feels impossible, I'm playing on the lowest difficulty averaging 50 points a game yet my team just sucks and we still lose.
Sounds like every Rec player who thinks he's the GOAT lmao.

Tip #1: When the CPU starts to double you, pass to the open guy.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:32 PM   #11
MVP

zello144's Arena

I've always been able to win a ring in Mycareer I almost didn't in 2k19 because of DeMarcus Cousins on the Warriors and that deadly lineup. I haven't played 2k20 in a while only got like 1 or 2 more games before I make the playoffs.

I'd like to lose this year though so that'd it make my player hungrier for a championship.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2020, 08:27 PM   #12
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

As a kid, Mike Tyson’s Punchout had me frustrated but had me coming back with different strategies and approaches against Tyson. I could never beat him, but man did I have fun trying. Give me this any day over easy.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:22 PM   #13
Rookie

I haven't won the championship in MyCareer since maybe 2K17. I haven't had the desire to finish MyCareer in the last two installments after reaching a 94 overall. I just started a new MyCareer a few days after the trade deadline with the Knicks. So far I'm a 89 overall already and 4th in the eastern conference. The game feels better and more fresh compared to when the game first came out, player tendencies are much better now.

Last edited by Charles Bliss; 02-18-2020 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:45 PM   #14
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bliss
I haven't won the championship in MyCareer since maybe 2K17. I haven't had the desire to finish MyCareer in the last two installments after reaching a 94 overall. I just started a new MyCareer a few days after the trade deadline with the Knicks. So far I'm a 89 overall already and 4th in the eastern conference. The game feels better and more fresh compared to when the game and the start of the season.
What'd you make for the Knicks?

I've always loved that arena since back when TMac was playing there. I loved the idea of playing on the worst franchise in the league. I've taken many a squad in NY to the promised land. My favorite had to be when Melo was still good.

Holy Crap was he easy to play with. I always make a PG for the Knicks cuz they never had one. I would get a stop and flashy pass to Melo on the break. He would sky for an Aleley or he would be money on a pull up jumper or finesse around the rim.

As much as i was upset we let Dennis Smith go last year, I legit was happy we had KP. But i was hoping DSJ was going to be better for them IRL. That kid is crazy gifted. He's like the new 2K Gerald Green. He can shoot, he can dunk. He's super fast... But every time i played with him in the game he underperformed. Last year i would get team takeover with hin and Luka together,that was fun. But i wish players would just be more aggressive. And if they are aggressive, let them convert SOME of the time.

Like... This year i have a guard on the Mavs. I can't put Luka at the 1 because he doesn't distribute well enough. If i put myself at PG then he doesn't get ANY assists.

That guy has HOF Difficult Shots, a 95 midrange, HOF Quick Draw and I'll give it to him on the break, he'll take a WIDE open midrange and brick. Like 5-6 times in a row!
Old 02-18-2020, 06:49 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
What'd you make for the Knicks?

I've always loved that arena since back when TMac was playing there. I loved the idea of playing on the worst franchise in the league. I've taken many a squad in NY to the promised land. My favorite had to be when Melo was still good.

Holy Crap was he easy to play with. I always make a PG for the Knicks cuz they never had one. I would get a stop and flashy pass to Melo on the break. He would sky for an Aleley or he would be money on a pull up jumper or finesse around the rim.

As much as i was upset we let Dennis Smith go last year, I legit was happy we had KP. But i was hoping DSJ was going to be better for them IRL. That kid is crazy gifted. He's like the new 2K Gerald Green. He can shoot, he can dunk. He's super fast... But every time i played with him in the game he underperformed. Last year i would get team takeover with hin and Luka together,that was fun. But i wish players would just be more aggressive. And if they are aggressive, let them convert SOME of the time.

Like... This year i have a guard on the Mavs. I can't put Luka at the 1 because he doesn't distribute well enough. If i put myself at PG then he doesn't get ANY assists.

That guy has HOF Difficult Shots, a 95 midrange, HOF Quick Draw and I'll give it to him on the break, he'll take a WIDE open midrange and brick. Like 5-6 times in a row!
I made a two-way playmaking shot creator PG for the Knicks. I wanted a bit of a challenge and was looking to do something different. I see everyone picking the Lakers and Clippers. I've been a long time Knicks fan since the early to mid 90s. I like a good comeback story and I enjoy playing with the worst team in the league and making them first with every sports game I play. Hopefully in 2K21 they will finally have the real MSG instead of Knicks arena.

Last edited by Charles Bliss; 02-18-2020 at 06:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2020, 04:09 PM   #16
Rookie

Gowi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzer86
I've been on the Lakers, Rockets, Clippers, Buck and now the Nets and lost twice in the conference finals and twice in the nba finals this game is too hard I'm on pro yet as soon as it comes to the conference finals and nba finals every single player has to turn into prime Kobe Bryant and shoot lights out every game this game is a joke. How do people even win championships on tyhis game this is My Career btw.
Bro, its not even just the playoffs. I led the league in points and assists and they still gave MVP to Lebron. I balled out and they screwed my guard out of a MVP to his name.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »