Home

Old 02-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why's it so hard to win a Ring?

I've been on the Lakers, Rockets, Clippers, Buck and now the Nets and lost twice in the conference finals and twice in the nba finals this game is too hard I'm on pro yet as soon as it comes to the conference finals and nba finals every single player has to turn into prime Kobe Bryant and shoot lights out every game this game is a joke. How do people even win championships on tyhis game this is My Career btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Why's it so hard to win a Ring?

simple answer, if it was easy to win a ring, then the game wouldnt be rewarding.

I play offline my league and my gm modes, and I have never won a championship in 2k basketball. ever, including CH2k.

NBA2k- since NBA2k11, when I do make the playoffs, Ive never made it out of the first round and I like it that way. Ive never had a super team or big 3, so the challenge of making the playoffs is fun for me.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
simple answer, if it was easy to win a ring, then the game wouldnt be rewarding.

I play offline my league and my gm modes, and I have never won a championship in 2k basketball. ever, including CH2k.

NBA2k- since NBA2k11, when I do make the playoffs, Ive never made it out of the first round and I like it that way. Ive never had a super team or big 3, so the challenge of making the playoffs is fun for me.
I get that but it feels impossible, I'm playing on the lowest difficulty averaging 50 points a game yet my team just sucks and we still lose. Yet I've played on all the best teams the game has to offer. It's just so frustrating I don't know what else I can do?
Old 02-17-2020, 11:46 AM   #4
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzer86
I get that but it feels impossible, I'm playing on the lowest difficulty averaging 50 points a game yet my team just sucks and we still lose. Yet I've played on all the best teams the game has to offer. It's just so frustrating I don't know what else I can do?
I have 4 characters and won the Finals on 3 of them. I play on Superstar. It's pretty simple,actually. First off, averaging 50ppg is the easy way to play. The hard way is being patient, reading the defense, and taking what they give you.

For my PG it was pretty simple. I was on the Lakers for that character. I have plays turned on, but you're right, the CPU defense is turned up the farther you go in the playoffs.

So simply stated, i would play good defense and get easy transition buckets. LBJ is usually the first one on the break so that was pretty easy.

My 2nd character was created before the real NBA season started and he's on the Mavs. So, unfortunately for me Luka was relatively no help in the Finals. He's still only rated a 90 in my second season. My character is a SF on that team so i was able to play good D, wreak havoc on transition and win pretty handily.

Both of these characters are 2 way slashers so i was able to win basically by causing TOs and shutting down my match up.

Last character was my SG who is NOT defensively oriented. This character i had to play more selfish. But even tho i was shooting a lot, i still only averaged like 38PPG but also like 7 assists. Luka and KP were playing much better in this series, but i was matched up with the 76ers who have the length to bother both of them. I tried Luka at the 1 and 2, i tried KP at the 4 and 5. Both of them kept getting clamped up. So about game 4 was when i just started going off.

Point is... You have to pass SOME of the time. You can't just win a championship by yourself, even on a video game.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Last year was tough because of the OP defense.

This year HOF was ridiculously easy because of the blow by. Once you can get to the rim the CPU is at your mercy. I was on the Lakers and once I got my Finishing and Playmaking badges maxed out I finished the season on a 35 game win streak and swept the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2020, 04:25 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
First off, averaging 50ppg is the easy way to play. The hard way is being patient, reading the defense, and taking what they give you.
For me, this is why I have been losing interest in 2K in a nutshell.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #7
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
For me, this is why I have been losing interest in 2K in a nutshell.
It's been like this for years now, tho. They dumb down your teammate AI so you're forced to play Hero Ball. I remember every year since PS3 trying to run Post plays and Pick and Pop with Dirk Nowitzki. Always struggled to get him going.
It's actually funny, i remember Dirk ended up starting for me in the Western Conference Finals last year due to injury. He averaged like 30ppg. It was crazy.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:12 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Last year was tough because of the OP defense.

This year HOF was ridiculously easy because of the blow by. Once you can get to the rim the CPU is at your mercy. I was on the Lakers and once I got my Finishing and Playmaking badges maxed out I finished the season on a 35 game win streak and swept the playoffs.
i agree. i still hate hall of fame. any mode above allstar to me is silly. The reason i say this goes way way back to older 2k's. Those modes were only put into the game to stop cheesers from EASILY cheesing the cpu to death. thats it and thats all. And it tried to Force fg%s. Basically it makes you miss shots you should make for this reason.

Hall of fame is not hard, its just the computer cheating to keep pace with people who know how to fake out the cpu by doing things that are not necessarily smart basketball things or high iq basketball stuff. It's like knowing that if you have range extender up to say Gold with a shooter. You can do a simple step back move from a little bit behind the 3pt line and the dumb cpu will not come out to guard you after you do this a couple of times. Or how you can call certain plays or certain screens and have the cpu get lost. not lost like a player being picked off or some cross pattern is ran and like real life sometimes people pick up the wrong guy. but the cpu is really dumb at times so it gets lost the same way every single time. some users abuse this kind of stuff in the game. and they feel "the game is too easy". so 2k gave them superstar and HOF. If you run plays constantly and play realistically, for the most part you will win on any level. but it will be more realistic if you leave it on pro or whats the one right above pro and change some sliders a bit for a more realistic experience. the only issue with pro is that the cpu makes too many shots. so it makes for a lot less rebounds.

but if i'm playing a quick match or myteam vs another user. I do not want their CPU to be smarter than they are clamping me up. I want your cpu to be barely intelligent. so it forces you to switch to the cpu player to guard me on the ball. the smarter the cpu players are even with user controlled teams. the less you will see users guard users. This turns into Madden defense basically. where no one guards anyone man to man when a pass is thrown. you let the cpu do the work, then you switch at the last moment. doing that is cool to some, i hate it. because it feels as if i'm still playing vs the cpu and not an actual user.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »