Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2020, 10:13 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2019
Carmelo/Jokic Jersey Number

This isn't too significant, just an observation.

So once Carmelo Anthony retires, the Nuggets retire his jersey in the game. And since Nikola Jokic is wearing 15, it forces him to switch numbers.

Only workaround I know of is to use a custom roster and delete Anthony entirely. I don't know of an override retired number option (could be there and I haven't noticed).

I have OCD, so seeing a star player wearing the wrong number drives me crazy lol.
KPH2293 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2020, 11:45 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2013
Re: Carmelo/Jokic Jersey Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPH2293
This isn't too significant, just an observation.



So once Carmelo Anthony retires, the Nuggets retire his jersey in the game. And since Nikola Jokic is wearing 15, it forces him to switch numbers.



Only workaround I know of is to use a custom roster and delete Anthony entirely. I don't know of an override retired number option (could be there and I haven't noticed).



I have OCD, so seeing a star player wearing the wrong number drives me crazy lol.


It will be a longgggggg while till they retire Melos jersey in Denver lol. Jokic might get his retired first.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
kingmason13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2019
Re: Carmelo/Jokic Jersey Number

Oh I agree lol. I guess whatever threshold they have in MyLeague for retiring numbers, Carmelo has met it.
KPH2293 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:53 AM   #4
NBA Ratings Wizard
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 3,542
Re: Carmelo/Jokic Jersey Number

I don't get the complaint, isn't this exactly what's going to happen in real life?
__________________
NBA 2K18 ratings for several seasons generated from advanced analytics using the SportsCrunch system:

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
SonicMage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #5
Pro
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: Carmelo/Jokic Jersey Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
I don't get the complaint, isn't this exactly what's going to happen in real life?
They won’t retire it (if they do at all) until Jokic is gone
HolyStroke3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #6
Rookie
 
Stefan1337's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Re: Carmelo/Jokic Jersey Number

Even if they'll retire Melo's number and Jokic is still playing, it could be possible that he continues to wear number 15 (at least IRL).
For example: Reggie Jackson wore Number 1 in Detroit after they retired it.
Stefan1337 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:29 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Re: Carmelo/Jokic Jersey Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan1337
Even if they'll retire Melo's number and Jokic is still playing, it could be possible that he continues to wear number 15 (at least IRL).
For example: Reggie Jackson wore Number 1 in Detroit after they retired it.
I still dont understand the point or logic in retiring jersey numbers. I thought the whole point of it was so another player cannot wear it but like you said Reggie Jackson was wearing #1 for Detroit. I really dont get it
Lakerplayer8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:03 AM   #8
Rookie
 
Stefan1337's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Re: Carmelo/Jokic Jersey Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerplayer8
I still dont understand the point or logic in retiring jersey numbers. I thought the whole point of it was so another player cannot wear it but like you said Reggie Jackson was wearing #1 for Detroit. I really dont get it
Yeah I know what you mean. The funny thing is that Stanley Johnson switched from #3 to #7 as they retired Ben Wallace's #3 in Detroit. That's how it should be handled. I never understood why Jackson didn't switch his number. #1 in Detroit will always be Chauncey Billups' number.

Another stupid example imo: Bruce Bowen's #12 is retired in San Antonio, but when LaMarcus Aldridge joined them Bowen said it's okay that Aldridge wears #12. I really don't understand the logic sometimes.
Stefan1337 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Top -