Home

Old 02-24-2020, 02:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Black stripe on jerseys

Just came into my mind playing with the Lakers that 2K added the KB patch but why havenít we seen the black stripe on all jerseys for David Stern that passes away? Seems kind of disrespectful in my opinion if you can add Kobeís patch so quickly but not for David Stern... Not having a go at all the Kobe fans as I was also one but who knows where the NBA would be today without Stern
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Siuflyer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Black stripe on jerseys

It may just be a matter of the amount of work required. They only had to add the KB patch to this years Laker jerseys. Adding the memorial band to all the 19-20 season uniforms is a significantly larger undertaking. With resources being increasingly dedicated to next years version at this point, Iím guessing they didnít think it was worth it. Only a guess on my part, but itís also the only one that makes sense to me.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:29 PM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Black stripe on jerseys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siuflyer
It may just be a matter of the amount of work required. They only had to add the KB patch to this years Laker jerseys. Adding the memorial band to all the 19-20 season uniforms is a significantly larger undertaking. With resources being increasingly dedicated to next years version at this point, Iím guessing they didnít think it was worth it. Only a guess on my part, but itís also the only one that makes sense to me.
I'm learning towards popularity. Not many of the current generation would know that much about David Stern. Outside of the artwork people, they probably didn't know that the black stripe was missing or that it's in honor of David Stern.

Now, Kobe Bryant....2K Sports would have probably lost market shares overnight if they didn't honor him in the game. If you thought the backlash about VC was bad, I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like if 2KSports ignored Kobe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »