Home

Old 03-08-2020, 02:14 PM   #17
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Slashers are still op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
First, saying anything is 'OP' in park is kind of pointless. It's an arcade mode after all.

My biggest problem with slashers is that too many of them slashing is their hammer and everything is a nail. Even with two 7'3" rim protectors in the paint they drive to the hoop over and over and over triggering takeover on those bigs in the first quarter. Sure they'll get a few monster dunks in the game but most of their time giving them the ball is basically as good as a turnover.

The slasher/shooter combos, on the other hand, can be deadly.
Yeah...I played a slasher/shooter combo just a few moments. If I played him close, he would blow pass me. If I gave him space, he pulled up. It kinda sucked, because his player was just as fast as my build which negated my advantage that I normally have in most games. I mainly shoot corner 3's to keep the defense honest, but I'm really not a genuine outside threat.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:08 PM   #18
MVP

Housh123's Arena

We as gamers throw around OP too much

Slashers arent OP. You simply just cant stop them without a good rim protector on your team. If you played one game with me youll see slashers isnt OP. It was much more OP in 2k18. They trigger animations almost every drive. This year they actually was nice to defense and slashers now only trigger dunks here and there. In 2k18 I had to abandon 2s becaus eliterally everyone pump faked until the animation triggered and rim protector was the only thing that stopped it

Slashers are fine. Stop running stretches at the 5 if you wanna guard the paint

iv never seen a GOOD rim pro be beat by a slasher consistently
Old 03-11-2020, 04:50 AM   #19
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
We as gamers throw around OP too much

Slashers arent OP. You simply just cant stop them without a good rim protector on your team. If you played one game with me youll see slashers isnt OP. It was much more OP in 2k18. They trigger animations almost every drive. This year they actually was nice to defense and slashers now only trigger dunks here and there. In 2k18 I had to abandon 2s becaus eliterally everyone pump faked until the animation triggered and rim protector was the only thing that stopped it

Slashers are fine. Stop running stretches at the 5 if you wanna guard the paint

iv never seen a GOOD rim pro be beat by a slasher consistently
Slashers are free blocks.

They help me to get my post takeover faster then scoring from the post itself
Old 03-11-2020, 08:57 AM   #20
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Idk, if I'm supposed to be this freak athlete, even at 7'3 it would be hard to stop me at my apex. But i saw 2 times last night a rim protector pull one of my 6'5 buddies out of a contact animation at his apex. If they can block me on the way up, sure. But if I've already launched and I'm over 200lbs it should be VERY difficult to stop my momentum without fouling. This is what a "contact" dunk is in real life. Someone's momentum carrying them through someone's contact. But since we have no physics it's a game of animations.

Take my PF for instance. I've got him at 6'9 with a 75 vertical at 240lbs. I didn't do max wing span so i could keep his jumper in tact, but if i can get to my launch pad it should be VERY difficult for anyone to stop that. But i get blocked on the weak side by guards helping quite a bit.

I swear, y'all kids must just not remember young Blake. Dude was an animal.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:12 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I don't know what game modes the OP is playing or what level of competition he's playing against but online in Pro Am and MyTeam where everyone on the court has at least gold intimidator and every big man has pogo stick equipped I routinely see 3+ missed dunks per game where the ball just clanks off the rim and bounces out then another 5+ instances of seemingly open layups/dunks getting turned into red heavily contested layups due to those two cheese defensive badges that 2K20 never should have added and need to be removed for 2K21.

Intimidator + pogo stick are what's truly OP in the modes I play the most (online Pro Am & MyTeam), not slashers.

Slashers in those game modes are pretty much worthless in a halfcourt offense once the other team's center has gotten set up in the paint due to how large the area of effect is for the gold/HOF intimidator badge. Slashers this year can really only score consistently on fastbreaks when they're going into the paint against the guards and shooting archetypes who're usually the first defenders to get back on a fastbreak.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-12-2020 at 06:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #22
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I don't know what game modes the OP is playing or what level of competition he's playing against but online in Pro Am and MyTeam where everyone on the court has at least gold intimidator and every big man has pogo stick equipped I routinely see 3+ missed dunks per game where the ball just clanks off the rim and bounces out then another 5+ instances of seemingly open layups/dunks getting turned into red heavily contested layups due to those two cheese defensive badges that 2K20 never should have added and need to be removed for 2K21.

Intimidator + pogo stick are what's truly OP in the modes I play the most (online Pro Am & MyTeam), not slashers.

Slashers in those game modes are pretty much worthless in a halfcourt offense once the other team's center has gotten set up in the paint due to how large the area of effect is for the gold/HOF intimidator badge. Slashers this year can really only score consistently on fastbreaks when they're going into the paint against the guards and shooting archetypes who're usually the first defenders to get back on a fastbreak.
That's how I see most slashers score. 90% of their offense is from fastbreaks and attacking the paint before the defense gets set up. I've played enough games where I don't see anything really being OP as long as you know what you're doing. Will you have games where certain builds scorch your ***? Sure. That's part of basketball. I'm pretty there's someone who's saying that my build is OP when I roasted their bigs for 25 points by attacking the paint in the half-court. It happens.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Slashers are underpowered as hell. What do you mean? If i have all the finishing badges HOF and I'm holding turbo, i should never go for a layup 1 on 1. But all the time when I'm trying to go strong, my guy does this soft layup. This is with all my finishing builds. I have 2 guards at 6'5, a SF at 6'7 and teo different paint beasts at 6'9. 2 of my builds only have Gold Contat Finisher but i have 3 builds with HOF. I'm constantly bricking layups in traffic as well. I typically use the stick for finishing, but it does this with square as well. Idk... I'm even boosting my finishing as well.
howard, you are correct, 2k doesnt want people dunking all over people this year. but slashers badged up will make layups thru 2 or 3 defenders like they're not even there. its ridiculous again. and even if you completely cut them off they will still give them that bogus blow by animation that moves you out of the way so they can get a clear path. you have to initiate that clamp animation. which then means that animation has to be OP. 2k at its finest.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:51 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
That's how I see most slashers score. 90% of their offense is from fastbreaks and attacking the paint before the defense gets set up. I've played enough games where I don't see anything really being OP as long as you know what you're doing. Will you have games where certain builds scorch your ***? Sure. That's part of basketball. I'm pretty there's someone who's saying that my build is OP when I roasted their bigs for 25 points by attacking the paint in the half-court. It happens.
i dont know which update it was but one or a couple of these last updates. have turned the slashers almost back into what they use to be a few 2ks ago where you couldnt cut them off even when you did. they would just move you out of the way on the drive and score vs good defense half the time. which is still way to often.i played a guy yesterday i already knew he was going baseline. so i just put my outside foot on the baseline. so there was no possible way for him to go thru me. didnt matter. the game would move me out of the way to let him go by. if i tried to take the charge out of 3 times. 2 would make me fall for no calls. 1 was a foul on me. if i tried again i might get the charge. thats a horrible ration seeing as though I've been standing in the correct spot the entire offensive play because this guy doesnt know any other way to score but to go baseline. lol. but again this is 2k20. the game is built to make it easy for casuals to have fun. yes there is a counter its to have a 2 way player with a high Clamp badge and very high perimeter defense rating and a solid interior defense rating if you're a small guy.and of course have the cheese lockdown bigs living in the paint forever. lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »