Home

Pro-Am Players in REC

This is a discussion on Pro-Am Players in REC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2020, 11:45 AM   #89
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Pro-Am Players in REC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
As someone who runs REC with a full squad most of the time...It becomes IMPOSSIBLE to find a game in the team arena when you advance to a certain level. Pro-level matchmaking often times yields no games. We'll try and try and try with no games found. Most of the time we just restart the team creation, but that gets old. And then the competition resets to a level similar or often worse than what we can get in the REC.

It’s because everyone is in the rec because everyone is making a valid excuse that there are no teams searching and finding games takes too long.

If 2k incentivized team pro am play by making triple or quadruple rep/VC I guarantee you’d be able to search for a game in team pro am. There’s really no reason to put yourself through the rigors or team pro am right now

Ppl left team pro am at first because it was too hard and lets just be honest about that. I find it hilarious how no one brings that up. I can sit in parties all day and the main complaint about team pro am will be that every single game is extremely hard and ppl want chill out sometimes. But at what point did “sometimes” become every time out? The pro am’ers ruined the rec for everyone this year.

Ppl didn’t want to play an insanely comp game every single time out. Over time it turned into a situation where so many teams wanted to avoid competition to the point that finding games became hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Housh123; 06-21-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:04 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Pro-Am Players in REC

The team pro am experience is just miserable this year, and I say that as someone who would love to only play this mode and never set foot in the rec center if that was at all possible. But this is the reality that pro am teams face in 2K20:

Bronze & silver tiers = You tend get games pretty quickly but usually end up in boring lopsided matchups where you're blowing out bad teams who play worse than your average rec center squad.

Gold tier = You have to wait 10 to 20 minutes between games and still might end up playing bums in the tiers below you who won't help you get any better at the game and are just wasting your team's time.

Pro tier = Finally the games become consistently competitive but it's now a huge struggle just to find one game much less multiple games in succession. I've had nights were we'll search up to 30 minutes and the matchmaking will still not find a single opponent.

So in 2K20 the 93 overall and higher rec center games offer the best combination of quick matchups with competitive players.

I don't blame anyone for staying out of team pro am this year because the experience frankly sucks in 2K20.

2K21 should go back to the 2K16 system where everyone had a pro am team record that was permanently tied to their own gamertag and couldn't be reset. Then all you had to do to start a game on your team's account was invite everyone to your MyCourt.

Ever since 2K19 it's been a struggle just for this new matchmaking system to find games, let alone games that have accurately matched the skill levels of the two teams.

Last edited by jyoung; 06-24-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #91
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pro-Am Players in REC

Honestly, I'm 100% in the camp for separate matchmaking for squads. It's working on nerves to play game where they're clearly squads. When I see a team of SGs, SFs, and PFs, I already know it's a squad that's cherry picking. I win some, lose some, but it's annoying playing against the same cliche tactics. Alley-oops, 2-3 zone, and 5-out offense.

I'm just to the point that people complaining about playing against "tryhard" squads just have to realize that "tryhards" are just the cons of playing as a squad. They're idea of playing "relaxed" is beating up on random teams in REC. I'm not feeling that anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »