Home

Some rec advice for newer players

This is a discussion on Some rec advice for newer players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2020, 10:47 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Some rec advice for newer players

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
i知 the same way if i知 on a team where the pg takes all the shots and doesn稚 move the ball. as soon as i get it i知 definitely no passing aha.
I think that is pretty much the nature of any competitive player, which is why in organized sports many coaches often stress to PG's the importance of making sure everyone gets their touches.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #10
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
i’m the same way if i’m on a team where the pg takes all the shots and doesn’t move the ball. as soon as i get it i’m definitely no passing aha.
This is why I love being a big man lol. It's almost like being the PG or coach because you control a lot of the action by getting most of the rebs and inbound passing. If a PG ball hogs or just overall sucks, as a big I'm choosing who to inbound to or who I want running the break every single time, or I may just play Point Center ha.

The best part is when a PG consistently tries to intentionally freeze me out. lmao. (this is mistake #1 grasshoppa!) and shows his low IQ because if he would've gotten me the ball, he would've realized I would've set him up. I probably average more assists as a center than a guard. People need to watch Jokic more. If he's just a another crappy me-first PG, I turn the tables and freeze him out, hopefully until he quits lmao. Congratulations, you played yourself.

TL;DR -- Hey crappy PG, if you're gonna intentionally freeze someone out, it probably shouldn't be the guy who can snag every defensive rebound and control whether you get the ball or not.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:42 AM   #11
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
This is why I love being a big man lol. It's almost like being the PG or coach because you control a lot of the action by getting most of the rebs and inbound passing. If a PG ball hogs or just overall sucks, as a big I'm choosing who to inbound to or who I want running the break every single time, or I may just play Point Center ha.

The best part is when a PG consistently tries to intentionally freeze me out. lmao. (this is mistake #1 grasshoppa!) and shows his low IQ because if he would've gotten me the ball, he would've realized I would've set him up. I probably average more assists as a center than a guard. People need to watch Jokic more. If he's just a another crappy me-first PG, I turn the tables and freeze him out, hopefully until he quits lmao. Congratulations, you played yourself.

TL;DR -- Hey crappy PG, if you're gonna intentionally freeze someone out, it probably shouldn't be the guy who can snag every defensive rebound and control whether you get the ball or not.

Yup as a big you can a lot of assist as well.
Rack up that teamgrade to A+ before half time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #12
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Another thing I would add is proper spacing.If you see someone working with the ball (in a non PnR situation) or driving with the ball, give them some room; the last thing you want to do is drag your defender into the ball handler's way or get in the way of the ball handler yourself.Try to pull defender away from the play so he can't be help defense instead.

If you do happen to play with a Post big......for the love of God please stay out of the low post area when he has the ball on the blocks.Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to go to work because your own team mate is hanging out in or near the restricted arc, and won't get out of your way.Cutting to the hoop is fine,just please clear out if he doesn't hit you with the lead pass.
I want to add to this based on my experience playing with my new build (Interior Force C). If you happen to be a player who does like to backdown their matchup, it doesn't hurt to wait before taking your first dribble. Perimeter players are greedy, and think all bigs who attempt to dribble are free steals. Play on that greed. When those players drop into the paint, the perimeter players SHOULD be moving to the open spaces. You'll be surprised how many assists you can get in the half-court that's not a rebound/kick-out situation.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I want to add to this based on my experience playing with my new build (Interior Force C). If you happen to be a player who does like to backdown their matchup, it doesn't hurt to wait before taking your first dribble. Perimeter players are greedy, and think all bigs who attempt to dribble are free steals. Play on that greed. When those players drop into the paint, the perimeter players SHOULD be moving to the open spaces. You'll be surprised how many assists you can get in the half-court that's not a rebound/kick-out situation.
You make a good point.Many players online tend to overplay because of how easy it can be to rip players in the post (which is a whole separate problem).Probably the best counter to this is the inside/out game, but players have to be ready and willing to move to the open space ,like you said....after that it's literally catch and shoot.Do it right, and much of the time someone will be rewarded with a bucket, and someone else with an assist.

Even if the other team is competent and makes the defensive adjustment you are at least creating movement and forcing them to be honest on defense, which will make life easier for your whole team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »