Home

D'Aaron Fox - 2k is a trash game thats why wont stream it

This is a discussion on D'Aaron Fox - 2k is a trash game thats why wont stream it within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: D'Aaron Fox - 2k is a trash game thats why wont stream it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Sim mode and true simulation are 2 entirely different things.

Sim mode is pretty much a different slider set.

True simulation is pretty much an entire different game.

Park is the arcade version
Jrc is the sim version.
Pro am is the comp version.

They already have what you want.

Hope this make things clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
to make things abundantly clear :

I couldn't care less about the MyCareer centric modes. At all.

A fictional rec center cannot be NBA Sim, thats an oxymoron.
Anything involving boosts and badges cannot be sim.

Last edited by Optimus James; 03-24-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
The problem is...everyone has a different opinion of what's sim. For example, some people think lane steals are OP. I think lane steals are just fine, and the player just need to make better passes. I think 3PT% are incredibly too high, but most of the 2K Community is cool with that, because they got a "green release" on the shot.

If you're an offline player, you're just better off getting the game and changing the sliders/settings/rosters to how YOU like the game of basketball and calling it a night. If you're an online player, then you HAVE to be comfortable with the fact that 2KSports gets most of it right and don't sweat the small stuff.

Like tru11 said...if they made this game a true simulation, the game would be hard to 99% of the players. Personally, I'm even throwing in the "simheads" into this group. You all can't handle a true simulation game of basketball.
I can certainly understand where you are coming from. Definitely anyone who prefers to play online has to be at least willing to compromise and accept the game for what it is, or else deal with being miserable every second online,which honestly sounds so awful it would drive me to another game pretty quickly.

As an offline player, I am not afraid to say I want something that reasonably replicates the actual NBA....and this is indeed possible to degree with rosters,sliders and settings. The thing is with patches and updates and everything else, it can be so finicky that it feels like there are times where I do nothing but spend hours fiddling with things to get back to a decent simulation again.This wears on a man after a while, and makes him question if it is worth the constant effort for such a small return.

Now when it comes to a true simulation,I am not afraid to admit that while I would do a little better than some,I would still get my butt kicked repeatedly.....I'll tell you this though, a challenge like that would probably fire up my interest enough that I would be willing to put in the practice to "get good", as it were.

Last edited by MrWrestling3; 03-24-2020 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #19
Rookie

Hornetz's Arena

OVR: 7

Personally, I’ve stated in the past that R* (Rockstar Games) would incredibly out-do the individuals at take-two in regards to creating the “best” basketball game. Their attention to detail is unmatched, if anyone would like to argue take-two over R* in that regard, I’m all ears.

Now that Take-Two has no competition with EA ending the fallen from grace NBA Live, the fact that they remain with a monopoly on basketball games is essentially...unideal for us as consumers to say the least. We have, and will continue to have, absolutely no voice regarding the input of the sillyness of this game (badges and archetypes), furthermore, being subject to the lack of updates presented in this game.

If R* can create entire worlds, modern day and past, i.e GTA + RDR, then I would back the assumption they could certainly create only one aspect of that world perfectly (basketball).
Old 03-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #20
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I guess that's where me and community diverges. I just shake my head when people make 2-6 steal attempts while I'm bringing the ball up. It's like..."Do you think I'm stupid??? I see you in the passing lane!". They do the same thing in PNO, so it's nothing new to me. In PNO, I just make the AI player cut to the basket. In REC, I just hope that my teammate moves to a different position on the floor.
I usually do the same, but more often than not (or at least more often than they should) they get the steal anyhow. Either way, it definitely shouldn't work as well as it does. If they're making pre-mature swipes at the ball, I should be able to buzz it past them without thinking twice about it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 03-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 19

Separate note:

I wonder how much money NBA players spend on VC per year? If anyone were able to whale a couple thousand, it'd be someone on a multi-million contract right?

Or are these guys more casual "F2P"? Answer would probably require a reporter to take a survey on how these guys prefer to play.

(As an aside, I don't care about the VC argument)
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19

On the sim vs arcade note:

Sim nuts are comical. The defensive AI has never existed at a level necessary for sim to be truly possible. DaCzar has done a phenomenal job diversifying offense with all these options and schemes over the course of this decade. An AI defense can't adapt (ANTICIPATE), all it can do is REACT to what the offense does - and in many cases the reaction is intentionally weak, because otherwise scoring would be impossible.

It's like being a purist about Call of Duty. Sure, you can play one-shot-kill if you want it "sim" but it's not like any other aspect of the game (movement, reloading, aiming) is remotely realistic.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 03-24-2020, 12:00 PM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This comes from a larger Twitter thread discussing 2K with other NBA players, who actually enjoy 2K...like Donovan Mitchell and Eric Paschall

Different strokes for different folks, even NBA players.

I'm not a big fan of this year's online game, but I do really enjoy it offline with some slider tweaks. I found a very simple set that helps with my enjoyment of the game. I think guys drive themselves crazy over tweaking it because things arent playing 100% like they want them to. Gotta find some middle ground.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 1

thats his opinion.

and of course he had no constructive criticism like most kids on social media

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »