Home

Old 04-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Gheorghe Muresan, and other Bigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Does he have rim protector as well?

That badge unlocks some crazy animations.

Still believe animations should be tied to ratings rather then badges.

Not to mention alot should be toned down to make it less arcade.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Rim protector and chase down blocks are the culprit I’m pretty sure. He had both
Old 04-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
Rim protector and chase down blocks are the culprit I’m pretty sure. He had both
I have noticed this also and tend to think you are correct.I have seen people on YT with bigs 7 foot or taller,max vert of 50,and with those badges they are sometimes getting similar animations where the player is leaping so high their entire head is above the rim.

To me that,if correct, is a problem....equipping badges should not allow players to basically bypass their physical attributes entirely and turn into prime Wilt Chamberlain.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:37 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I have noticed this also and tend to think you are correct.I have seen people on YT with bigs 7 foot or taller,max vert of 50,and with those badges they are sometimes getting similar animations where the player is leaping so high their entire head is above the rim.

To me that,if correct, is a problem....equipping badges should not allow players to basically bypass their physical attributes entirely and turn into prime Wilt Chamberlain.
Yeah the badges are replacing the attributes at that point.

I wonder if I make a player with 50 speed, but give him HOF downhill and HOF chasedown artist if I would be able to run and defend the break like LeBron.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2020, 03:00 PM   #12
Rookie

In my example (Arvidas Sabonis) has a good block rating but he should make only “static block” due to his size and height.
Chasedown only for athletics players.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:42 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goma76
In my example (Arvidas Sabonis) has a good block rating but he should make only “static block” due to his size and height.
Chasedown only for athletics players.
Exactly. I don’t recall him getting his head above the rim
Old 04-04-2020, 03:51 PM   #14
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
Yeah the badges are replacing the attributes at that point.

I wonder if I make a player with 50 speed, but give him HOF downhill and HOF chasedown artist if I would be able to run and defend the break like LeBron.
Downhill badge give player speed way beyond his speed ratings on the fast break.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:08 PM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Pressing the Y button when controlling these bigs doesnt just make them sky above the rim. It used to be that way though, most old head 2k players remember Yao and Bradley, lol

It typically occurs when they have a running start or get cached into a contest animation...it makes these guys way more useful in MyTeam than they should be.

Its been an issue long before badges. Giving them "short hop" animations has been the long time suggestion but I imagine its difficult to implement for individual players without handicapping them. I hope they can figure it out though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2020, 04:17 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Pressing the Y button when controlling these bigs doesnt just make them sky above the rim. It used to be that way though, most old head 2k players remember Yao and Bradley, lol

It typically occurs when they have a running start or get cached into a contest animation...it makes these guys way more useful in MyTeam than they should be.

Its been an issue long before badges. Giving them "short hop" animations has been the long time suggestion but I imagine its difficult to implement for individual players without handicapping them. I hope they can figure it out though.
It is somewhat of a legacy issue for sure.Remember that animation where people take off about 12 feet into the air to break up the alley oop?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »