Home

New Advice on a new build.

This is a discussion on New Advice on a new build. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2020, 02:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New Advice on a new build.

So I was trying to make a Giannis build, but we all know that's not really possible. This will be for Rec, do you think it'll do good?

I made a 6'8 PF with the blue pie chart. Reason I lowered it to 6'8 was go get 70 ball handle. Speed is 77 and Acc is 72 at 6'8. I went max strength for post defense, but the center will deal with that

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: New Advice on a new build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
So I was trying to make a Giannis build, but we all know that's not really possible. This will be for Rec, do you think it'll do good?

I made a 6'8 PF with the blue pie chart. Reason I lowered it to 6'8 was go get 70 ball handle. Speed is 77 and Acc is 72 at 6'8. I went max strength for post defense, but the center will deal with that

Pure athletic anything is not a good build. Even finishing/defending can pose issues on offense. Without a jumper you're not creating space on offense.

The most effective builds at the 4 and 5 can spread the floor and play defense. At the wings it's easier to penetrate and get to the rim. A 70 ball handling is possible, but not like the 80s and 90s. I have a 70 ball handling and can shoot outside jumpers with my new 6'9 build. But only 70 finishing rating without all my badges is tough.

I still think that the pure playmaking PF at 6'9 is the most well rounded build I've made. But purely being faster and more athletic than your competition is not enough of an upside to be very viable.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't suggest any build that has 1 shooting badge.

Giannis build is not possible and it's a liability the way it is in Rec this year.

Best bet is to make a facilitating finisher who can dribble a little, finish & playmake.

It's a nasty build just YouTube that name.

Usually gets around 80 3 ball, 78 ball handling & 82 driving dunk.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

i’ve seen some slashing 4’s which is pretty much a zion build do work in rec with no jumper.

wouldn't say pure finishers are useless.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:37 AM   #5
Rookie

I imagine an undersized 4 like that will be tough to play with in Rec with a typically packed paint and defenses that usually have HOF Intimidator centers patrolling the middle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2020, 10:40 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 1

A 6'8" PF in rec that is not pure defender is going to get stuck at center a ton and get eaten alive.

Better to do this same build at SF (you'll end up at PF a LOT). I'd also go higher on speed for that build. Not being able to shoot is still a liability of course, but the high playmaking is nice and you'll be able to finish over your man a lot in those (admittedly rare) situations that your center isn't camping the paint on offense.

What others said is correct, not being able to shoot is a bad idea but if its a new build I imagine you are looking just try something different and I don't think anything is too wrong with that.

Last edited by Erithtotl; 04-06-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
A 6'8" PF in rec that is not pure defender is going to get stuck at center a ton and get eaten alive.

Better to do this same build at SF (you'll end up at PF a LOT). I'd also go higher on speed for that build. Not being able to shoot is still a liability of course, but the high playmaking is nice and you'll be able to finish over your man a lot in those (admittedly rare) situations that your center isn't camping the paint on offense.

What others said is correct, not being able to shoot is a bad idea but if its a new build I imagine you are looking just try something different and I don't think anything is too wrong with that.
Yeah I've been trying to make a Giannis build, but I don't think it's possible. Pure Playmaking has low finishing. Playmaking/Shooting also has low finishing

Think I'm gonna move on and try making Allen Iverson
Old 04-07-2020, 11:45 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis

Couple of points:
1. Silver Quickdraw and Jumpshot 38 (no meter) is enough to hit corner 3's with decent consistency with a 40-60 3PT.
2. Pure Speed is generally the better pie chart to go with, with maxed out weight you get around 78-85 strength along with high 80's speed at 6'8
3. 70 Ball Handle is nice but Speed with Ball is probably more important and its tied to a players speed rating. With a 6'8 PF with Max Speed your looking at roughly 80 Speed with Ball
4. Post Defense is pretty easy if you have Intimidator+Pogo Stick
5. As a PF you only really need Quick First Step+Downhill and maybe Bail Out since most ball handling would be in catch and drive or in transition.

Personally i'd recommend a 6'9 Finishing/Defending PF with Max Speed+Max Weight+Max Wingspan, it would roughly have (assuming 99 OVR and Weekly Workout bonus)
88 Speed
81 Strength
82 Acceleration
77 Vertical
81 Speed with Ball

91 Driving Dunk
83 Post Hook
85 Interior D
78 Perimeter D
89 Block
90 Defensive Rebound
69 Mid-Range