Home

The one complaint about MyCareer i donít and never understood

This is a discussion on The one complaint about MyCareer i donít and never understood within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 04-09-2020, 01:07 AM   #1
MVP

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
The one complaint about MyCareer i donít and never understood

When ppl say they donít like how their player feels like a glorified role player

So one my first question would be how do you want 2k to look like if every player is basically LeBron James, Curry, or MJ? Would that be fun? Really think about it.

Two, itís actually realistic how players who are 95 ovr would change up their game on a team with other 95+ players. If Iím playing with 4 other 95+ ovr players SOMEBODY is gonna get delegated to a rebounding or a scoring role. Itís natural basketball.

I never understood the ďeveryone needs to be a superstar crowdĒ because everyone IS a superstar. Itís just when you play online you are introduced to other players who may simply be better at the game than you so it benefits you to take a backseat to them. I got a 94 big and when i run 2s, idc if Dude is an 87 ovr if he can dribble and hoop Iím taking a backseat PERIOD

Idk it just seems to me ppl with that complaint just wants 2k to artificially make them good.

I have a MyLeague where Klay Thompson is the worst player in my starting 5 and he only averages 12 a game. Everybody ainít gonna drop 40 PPG against human players bro thats life

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 02:10 AM   #2
Pro

Re: The one complaint about MyCareer i donít and never understood

Theyíre just angry because theyíre already taking a backseat in life
Old 04-10-2020, 11:59 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
When ppl say they donít like how their player feels like a glorified role player

So one my first question would be how do you want 2k to look like if every player is basically LeBron James, Curry, or MJ? Would that be fun? Really think about it.

Two, itís actually realistic how players who are 95 ovr would change up their game on a team with other 95+ players. If Iím playing with 4 other 95+ ovr players SOMEBODY is gonna get delegated to a rebounding or a scoring role. Itís natural basketball.

I never understood the ďeveryone needs to be a superstar crowdĒ because everyone IS a superstar. Itís just when you play online you are introduced to other players who may simply be better at the game than you so it benefits you to take a backseat to them. I got a 94 big and when i run 2s, idc if Dude is an 87 ovr if he can dribble and hoop Iím taking a backseat PERIOD

Idk it just seems to me ppl with that complaint just wants 2k to artificially make them good.

I have a MyLeague where Klay Thompson is the worst player in my starting 5 and he only averages 12 a game. Everybody ainít gonna drop 40 PPG against human players bro thats life

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I think both sides have a point to a degree.Strictly from a MyPlayer build standpoint, you can't fully create Kareem, MJ,etc., at least not in comparison to the versions featured on the classic teams rosters. That can feel a little frustrating sometimes.

On the other end, if they let builds get too out of control then every lineup in Rec and Pro Am would basically be something like Wilt/Malone/Lebron/MJ/Iverson. That would get annoying and stale after a while.

You are right about team work and roles on the floor;there are different jobs that need to be done out there if you want to win, and not all of them are flashy and fun...There has to be some give an take between team mates.Even in the NBA you see times where talented players just don't work well together, often because both players are very ball dominant; I think this is also quite often what you see, and the source of frustration, with groups of random players in the Park and Rec.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I hear you. I just play whatever role that I happen to fall into.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:44 PM   #5
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3

On the other end, if they let builds get too out of control then every lineup in Rec and Pro Am would basically be something like Wilt/Malone/Lebron/MJ/Iverson. That would get annoying and stale after a while.
More like every lineup would turn into Lebron/Durant/Lebron/Durant/Shaq. I quit playing MyCareer in 2k16 because of this. Durant and LeBron are special, generational-type players ... I don't want to walk into a park and see 40 of them running around.

That being said, I understand the people who want to make a superstar player. It'd be nice if you could pick your character's archetype and attribute caps for online play, but for offline games you could do whatever you wanted. You'd just have the understanding that anytime you played Park/Cages/Pro-Am/Rec games your player's attribute and badge caps would kick in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2020, 04:42 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
More like every lineup would turn into Lebron/Durant/Lebron/Durant/Shaq. I quit playing MyCareer in 2k16 because of this. Durant and LeBron are special, generational-type players ... I don't want to walk into a park and see 40 of them running around.

That being said, I understand the people who want to make a superstar player. It'd be nice if you could pick your character's archetype and attribute caps for online play, but for offline games you could do whatever you wanted. You'd just have the understanding that anytime you played Park/Cages/Pro-Am/Rec games your player's attribute and badge caps would kick in.
Exactly, I feel like Creating A Legend mode that they had years ago would fill the niche to a T. Pick any player in the league (or create your own) and away you go offline My Career style, only without the VC or storylines....just basketball.IIRC you were even able to set up custom leagues and use custom rosters.I think if they did it like that, it would clearly separate offline from online so that players would have a better idea what they are getting into.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:53 PM   #7
Rookie

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinevos
Theyíre just angry because theyíre already taking a backseat in life
Savage lmao
Old 04-10-2020, 07:56 PM   #8
Rookie

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Wow I wish more people online had your attitude. The "everyone wants to be the star" is especially true online. I mean you kinda expect it, it's fun to score it's fun to get a high usage rate etc. I have no problem taking a back seat to players who actually are able to lead the team. But much of the time you have players who have no iq at PG trying to run the team, or you got a buncha Dion Waters and Monta (I'm better than D Wade) Ellis' running around who's egos are 10x bigger than their skill and iq.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »