Home

Will you buy NBA 2K21?

This is a discussion on Will you buy NBA 2K21? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2020, 04:15 PM   #17
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will you buy NBA 2K21?

I still buy madden so yeah ill buy this to .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-20-2020, 04:17 PM   #18
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ the Ju1ceman
Is there even going to be a 2K21 with COVID pushing so much entertainment back? Has 2K finished development? Maybe it'll release later in the year?
Officially, I haven't heard anything about delays. As far as I know, the game will still release in September.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:19 PM   #19
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I'd lean as of right now to no. I'm still enjoying 2k20, despite it's flaws. But unless I get a Series X at Launch (and as of right now, I'm not planning on it), I'm perfectly content to keep doing MyLeague until I do get a Series X.

But if were to get a Series X, I'd likely get 2k21 (especially if it went down to $3 like 2k19 or went on Game Pass like 2k20). Also, if they really improved the functionality and/or features of MyLeague (since that's the majority of what I play) and Uniform Design, that would be extremely tempting as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-20-2020, 04:24 PM   #20
Rookie

I wont be buying. I really dont expect much from 2K other than graphics being a big difference. I dont think the gameplay will be much improved and I am already assuming they wont port over some things that I like about current gen while also not fixing other things. Like for example, ALL STAR weekend in mycareer is pointless...nobody acknowledges anything you win and there is no dunk contest/three point contest trophies.

I would be surprised to see them fix some things that they recently broke such as MYGM Custom Draft Classes in first year is broken. I fully expect that and action points to return even though nobody likes it. Or hey maybe they will pull an EA move and just make MYGM completely watered down like what happened to Madden Franchise a few years back. Ill be sitting on on the sidelines for 2K21 and maybe ill be back for 2K22....
Old 05-20-2020, 04:38 PM   #21
Rookie

Only if they fix the bugs that ruin MLO. So probably not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2020, 06:28 PM   #22
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

I'll definitely be buying it. There's so much to like about the game, but for most of you guys the best 2K is the one from Two Years prior!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2020, 07:14 PM   #23
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
I'll definitely be buying it. There's so much to like about the game, but for most of you guys the best 2K is the one from Two Years prior!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
NBA 2K18 was garbage.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2020, 08:22 PM   #24
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Well as of now...then the answer is no, here is why:

• 2k lost that innovativenes you could have always expect each year

• Controls dont seem to improve with responsiveness and attempts to simply input like adding directional input up/left to eurostep or protect step, which is sometimes triggered accidentally in wrong situations when user was only trying to finish left or right.....we used to have controller layout options Beluba?

• rebounding and loose balls is still a movie..very little a user can do to actually feel like the outcome is weighed heavily towards input and good positioning

• collision detection still feels last gen, blocking/charging cat and mouse game is irrelevant to such a crucial game of basketball where position matters...way too scripted and animation heavy to even be a viable defensive scheme ....nba live has a way better implementation

•play calling system on the fly and even specific pick and roll individual has too many inputs now that is feels like a bother...why fix something that wasnt broken

• and just to be nit picky, the option to turn off 2k tv has been taken away from us just to market a mode I dont even play in my park, and the constant ads to buy VC has gotten on my last nerve

* would be a yes in the future if they make changes to some of the above..

for the record I didnt buy this years game which I am grateful for ...just played it every now and again after the patches to see if I liked it but never stuck around long enough...eventhough I had access to it game sharing

P.S. the demo is still better than 2k as of now with all the patches...it feels so fun and you can actually play the passing lanes

Last edited by kolanji; 05-20-2020 at 08:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »