Home

I need serious help with this game.

This is a discussion on I need serious help with this game. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

DISCLAIMER: I'm not discussing sim stats. I'm discussing actual, live gameplay

Long story short, I'm all about sim gameplay. Which is exactly why 2k20 has been the most disappointing 2k I have played in recent memory. Particularly in the area of assist. How is it I can raise Russell Westbrooks dish to open man to 100 (the max) and he will finish a game with 5 or less assist every time. This is a regular occurence, not a one off thing. And yes, I have lowered, raises, slashed, nuked EVERY relevant roster tendency, gameplay tendency, whatever tendency to yield a realistic result and it does not happen.

Then I realized its the combined result of a lot of things. Such as:

-CPU not sliding over to halt a drive, thus never leaving a big open in paint

-Driving players overly commited to finishing in traffic and never passing for open corner threes. Frankly, they just never pass in general.

-CPU getting gun shy at taking a three when the pass is made. They need a wiiiiiiide open attempt, which is unrealistic.

-Lack of passes to roller in pick and roll situations. The ballhandler just attacks the rim or does some stupid midrange jumper.

To add to this, 2k has so many conflicting ratings, tendencies, and etc that just creates a very (confused?) cpu approach. Many make no sense at all. Eric Gordon averages probably 3 assist a game and has a 64 dish to open man rating, yet James Harden averages around 8 and has a 45(!). Not that that matters, because the rating is broken beyond belief, but I do believe the massive, massive amount of tendencies/ratings in this game are hurting the game.

Has anyone found a way to get high assisters like RW, Jokic, Harden, and etc to PLAY like that in game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2020, 11:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I need serious help with this game.

I consider myself a sin gameplay guy.

I'm using attention to detail roster which have modified ratings and tendancies. I haven't played Houston or Denver, but I've found every other team pretty fun to compete against.

I also use some custom sliders, mainly just opening the speed up, making onball D easier and more body contact. Really loving my experience now I've made these changes.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-26-2020, 04:55 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

its time they make rosters (an 2kshare uploads in General) available to All platforms. you use a roster that seems to have great tendencies? cool. cannot use it though as i am on PC.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:43 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
its time they make rosters (an 2kshare uploads in General) available to All platforms. you use a roster that seems to have great tendencies? cool. cannot use it though as i am on PC.
Something else that it's time for...it's time for 2K(preferably someone like Mike Wang) to explain to us, in no uncertain terms, EXACTLY what the different tendencies,sliders,etc. actually do and how they interact with each other so we can fine tune things reasonably easily without hours upon hours of trial and error.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:30 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Something else that it's time for...it's time for 2K(preferably someone like Mike Wang) to explain to us, in no uncertain terms, EXACTLY what the different tendencies,sliders,etc. actually do and how they interact with each other so we can fine tune things reasonably easily without hours upon hours of trial and error.

I’d just be satisfied if all the roster work carried over instead of having to be recreated every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2020, 12:30 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I’d just be satisfied if all the roster work carried over instead of having to be recreated every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good point.The point we are at with technology I don't see why we couldn't download last years roster data from the cloud, then convert it over when a new game comes out.Sure would save a lot of time.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:32 PM   #7
Rookie

I just think the game needs a major oversimplification. Too many ratings, too many badges, too many tendencies, too much.....too much? Instead of 10 different ratings for post moves, merge ALL of them together as simply 'post moves'. Why not? Not like they're using some data set to assign all these different tendencies, anyways. They're just spitballing. Do that with multiple tendencies and tendencies could be shrunk by 50 to 75 percent. Tendencies are killing the game, period.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »