Home

2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

This is a discussion on 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2020, 10:55 PM   #81
Rookie
 
TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2019
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I agree. I hate Mike is being heavily influenced by guys like him and kids on Twitter. Anytime you say something about realism, they’re argument is it’s a video game and to go outside and play lol.

Mike made a post and I made a comment about removing being able to peoples meter or when they hit a green release. All these kids attack about it and my simple question is why is that so important to you? They always say, “People be lying about greening.” It always blows my mind lol. Like why is that such a big deal? All you have to literally do is watch the ball and see if it goes in or not. It’s just a silly thing to be in the game.

Then they make posts about if you’re open, you should make the shot 90% of the time even if you do not perfect the release. Just wild stuff. I wish Mike would just trust himself more like he used to and stick to it. Quit letting them change the game after the fact and etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These twitter tweens are padding his wallet. So he's going hmmm another $50k bonus (or whatever) or we make the game a little more realistic for the sim heads. Easy choice
TheFgGoatLikesHawks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 11:37 PM   #82
DC
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 39
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: DC
Posts: 17,860
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

It is what it is at this point.

Us Vets, yall know what is up.
__________________
Concrete evidence/videos please
DC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:51 AM   #83
Pro
 
NoLeafClover's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2016
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

Park should be the only "cheese" mode in the game, every other mode should try and make gameplay as realistic as possible given this is, you know, a basketball game.

It would be like if Gran Turismo started making Honda Civics drive at the speed of sound just because a bunch of mouth breathers on YouTube find it "entertaining" - that's where we are with 2K online gameplay...
NoLeafClover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:39 AM   #84
MVP
 
jk31's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
It would be like if Gran Turismo started making Honda Civics drive at the speed of sound just because a bunch of mouth breathers on YouTube find it "entertaining" - that's where we are with 2K online gameplay...

Or when FromSoft changed Dark Souls to being an easy action game where you can just run around slaying anything. Ah, and of course if they added quests in the style of "go to x and collect y" as side quests just because thats what the mainstream casual fan wants every game to be.

You gotta be true to yourself and to the way that made you great.
jk31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:03 AM   #85
MVP
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
100%.
2k nerfed one cheesy dribble move and all the sudden everyone was complaining there’s not enough variety of moves.
There are, people just choose to use the cheesy ones.
There’s a million different combinations of moves sets that can be used in 2k, but there’s very few that you can quickly spam together and cheese.
I play pg and I rarely ever have problems taking anyone off the dribble with one or two moves.
I don’t need 20 seconds of the shot clock to spam dribble moves while two people sit wide open in the corners and I miss 20 opportunities to drive or shoot because I’m too busy spamming.
Stop trying to make excuses for bums with low basketball IQ. There’s more variety in dribble moves now then there ever has been, but the amount of cheesy ones is a little more limited.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
yea bro i pretty much said the same thing to a few people on twitter post starter by mike wang last fall and got a like from mike.

told them they revamped dribbling and there are new combo’s they refuse to learn because they’re stuck on the old exploits. devs spent the year building dribbling one way and people refused to adjust.

hes not influenced by kids like others have said but theyre the ones 2k has to cater to.
loso_34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 02:44 PM   #86
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
yea bro i pretty much said the same thing to a few people on twitter post starter by mike wang last fall and got a like from mike.

told them they revamped dribbling and there are new combo’s they refuse to learn because they’re stuck on the old exploits. devs spent the year building dribbling one way and people refused to adjust.

hes not influenced by kids like others have said but theyre the ones 2k has to cater to.
You've made a good point here...Who is it that 2K is competing with for a market share these days?

It's not other basketball games as there is no other strong competition in that realm...I think what they're concentrating on now is the average online gamer.This means that instead of competing with a product like Live, they're competing with games like Apex,Fortnite,CoD,etc....basically people that want something fairly easy and fun to hop onto with friends and feel good because they can beat people.The only way I see that changing in the forseeable future would be if a competing NBA game with a strong sim focus came out and did well enough to seriously impact 2K's bottom line.
MrWrestling3 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:25 PM   #87
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Nov 2004
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
I see 2K going the way of NBA Live if they forget about the fans that got them to where they are - real basketball sim heads, and credibility that they have given 2K by approving of the game over the years on the realistic aspects of the game that 2K was able to achieve. Guess what 2K, if real ballers start heavily trash talking your product, you lose all credibility in the basketball world. The casuals will follow, and be on to the next trendy game. Gameplay is still king. Do you you know what happens when the game goes Full Arcade? The hardcore players abandon the game because might as well play NBA Street or NBA Jam. Realism means rewarding realism and IQ. If that incentive is gone, there's no point in playing. 2K20 is *somewhat* realistic. Go full arcade and it's a wrap.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZC_P06Zcj8


They basically ask Agent00, what gameplay improvements do you want? I wouldn't exactly call him the beacon of basketball knowledge or having high bball iq. He's a casual gamer.

"
- I want more effective animations (read: cheese. he was basically upset behind the back move was nerfed).
- I do get simulation, but I play videogames to HAVE FUN
- More fast paced
"

Aka

"Realism is icky"
"I'm playing a videogame, I don't want to think or have to use my brain or have any negative consequences from my low iq, it needs to be dumbed down and easy. Just give me a glitch move I can spam so I can post it on youtube like I have skills". Lol


Of course videogames should be fun, but a lot of people find realism to be fun. Unrealistic bs and cheese doesn't = "fun", it just becomes annoying that bums get rewarded. Or if defense isn't rewarded, it becomes like "what's the point?". Less badge grinding would make the game more fun for sure.
I think 2k needs to find a proper balance. That's why they are asking casual gamers.
The entry point for this game is very intimidating and gets harder by the year. Im an experienced NBA 2k gamer and even I feel that the game has gotten to hard to fully enjoy

The best thing 2k can do is bring back the casual/default/sim setting and flesh those out more, so all users acn really feel the difference between the modes.
tril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #88
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

Yea I hope 2k doesn't go into an arcade like way of thinking... Casual games will always come.. They just need to keep replicating basketball the right way and Casual games will always be there. That's why nba live isn't good any more but Casual games got towards the better sim like game... 2k basketball and mlb the show along with pes soccer have to stay true to their sim ways because it's the only sim games I care about
superlion2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Top -