Home

2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

This is a discussion on 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-17-2020, 04:40 PM   #97
Rookie

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

I wonder how much of 2K Twitter is this:

https://twitter.com/dreyzdad/status/1294472694281330688

"Dude if I pay 70 bucks for a game I want to be able to make Wilt my starting PG if I so desire..WTF?"
Old 08-18-2020, 08:09 AM   #98
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

I turned my back on online gaming years ago. Even the apparent sim leagues were full of guys who abused certain exploits in a crafty fashion in order to get a win. Now you can buy your way to victories - casuals are living the dream.

I've zero interest in fantasy modes, virtual currency or playing dress up with a created player, yet sadly have to endure a game that's almost entirely geared to that style of stuff. It's just a version of the Sims with included hoops now, which is no doubt stifling the other, actual dedicated NBA modes.

Online multiplayer is a blessing to some, but a curse to the rest of us, as it caters to a demographic who's input ends up being detrimental to sim gaming.

I know many are against it, but I'd gladly pay for a dedicated NBA game that's completely outside the boundaries of all the fantasy/park/my player modes. A title that can have the love and attention that it needs to produce the best sim environment possible, without it having to direct resources with the likes of virtual currency and putting a custom piece of attire on a fairy tale player, before he spams the park up.

Grandpa rant over.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:25 PM   #99
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
I see 2K going the way of NBA Live if they forget about the fans that got them to where they are - real basketball sim heads, and credibility that they have given 2K by approving of the game over the years on the realistic aspects of the game that 2K was able to achieve. Guess what 2K, if real ballers start heavily trash talking your product, you lose all credibility in the basketball world. The casuals will follow, and be on to the next trendy game. Gameplay is still king. Do you you know what happens when the game goes Full Arcade? The hardcore players abandon the game because might as well play NBA Street or NBA Jam. Realism means rewarding realism and IQ. If that incentive is gone, there's no point in playing. 2K20 is *somewhat* realistic. Go full arcade and it's a wrap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZC_P06Zcj8

They basically ask Agent00, what gameplay improvements do you want? I wouldn't exactly call him the beacon of basketball knowledge or having high bball iq. He's a casual gamer.

"
- I want more effective animations (read: cheese. he was basically upset behind the back move was nerfed).
- I do get simulation, but I play videogames to HAVE FUN
- More fast paced
"

Aka

"Realism is icky"
"I'm playing a videogame, I don't want to think or have to use my brain or have any negative consequences from my low iq, it needs to be dumbed down and easy. Just give me a glitch move I can spam so I can post it on youtube like I have skills". Lol

Of course videogames should be fun, but a lot of people find realism to be fun. Unrealistic bs and cheese doesn't = "fun", it just becomes annoying that bums get rewarded. Or if defense isn't rewarded, it becomes like "what's the point?". Less badge grinding would make the game more fun for sure.

You know us diehard basketball fans are in trouble, when the the devs are taking the opinion of casuals clowns like this, who clearly doesnt want a basketball simulation. But its these types, that those at NBA2k are catering too now days, and not the true basketball fans.

You cant make a basketball simulation, when your basing gameplay on human vs human only, which is whats been happening, and why for the last few yrs now, there has been a lack of fouls being called when playing vs the CPU, especially with the lack of charges and shooting fouls on 3pt attempts.

This game has become NBA in name only, it no longer represents the NBA in gameplay and why the sim engine is still crap. Its become a playground rec center fantasy video game. Its these types of players, who are buying VC to build there virtual player up, to play in park and rec modes online, that 2k is making a lot of money on, so making a true NBA simulation is not their goal anymore. Its a shame, because its just a few things that need fixed and us My League players, would be happy. But were the minority now, so it is what it is. I dont think there is enough of us left, that would make it financially feasible for another company to come out with a true basketball simulation of the NBA, so its either live with a flawed NBA2k, and just enjoy it for what it is, or simply not buy the game.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 08-21-2020, 01:24 AM   #100
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

It's funny, you can basically follow the share price graph of Take Two and coincide it with the introduction of VC and when the series started to become more and more targeted at the "McDonalds/Fortnite" audience:

In summary: we're screwed
Old 08-21-2020, 07:27 AM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
It's funny, you can basically follow the share price graph of Take Two and coincide it with the introduction of VC and when the series started to become more and more targeted at the "McDonalds/Fortnite" audience:

In summary: we're screwed
Yep, that graph is the most succinct explanation of why the current gameplay philosophy and VC aren't changing anytime soon you could ask for.

Last edited by MrWrestling3; 08-21-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 09:33 AM   #102
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Lol, that has a lot more to do with their acquisitions and the monster games they've released during that timeline.

Sim vs. Arcade basketball gameplay is the last thing they're discussing in board meetings.

but as far VC/micros etc....definitely here to stay.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:14 PM   #103
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

To the Old Sim Heads:

I promise you, MyPlayer REC is really not that bad of mode. I used to exclusively play PNO, but the change to REC has surprisedly been a nice change of pace.

Side Note: I would NEVER recommend MyPark, lol. That mode needs to die.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »