Home

2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

This is a discussion on 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Football Manager by SiGames are king in terms of looking at real feedback and creating a real simulation of the sport game they create. (They don't care for masses at all if the subject is about solid feedback!) They just try to replicate the good game of simulation and fun comes with it on its own.

As the last year first released clearly showed that all 2k and most of their devs starting from Mike Wang care is Youtubers and Twitter(both are not reliable sources of feedback in any logical business) but ofcourse the logic there is to cater those casuals so that makes it a "logical" way of doing/creating a game.

For the last 2-3 years 2k has definitely sailed away from being a simulation basketball game, yes there are very strong parts of basketball simulation in it because of all the legacy that they've been building for years yet they go apart and away from those to the other end of having a fun arcade game in which you have a ball and you just try to put it thru a basket with a green release race and before that you make all those silly cheesy whatever moves you can to think you play any kind of a streetball..

It's sad and i think we, here on OS simheads can't really do anything about it.
Yep, and you see it in a lot of long running franchises...the tendency in video gaming for some years now has been to casualize casualize casualize, or as the folks up in the PR Department like call it..."Making the experience more accessible to a wider audience". This approach is best typified by the somewhat famous "When you press a button,something awesome has to happen!" quote from Bioware while promoting Dragon Age 2.

While this approach often works from a sales standpoint,in the long run it almost always results in a decline in quality and the eventual disenfranchisement of the original core audience who become frustrated and inevitably move on to other things as the game slowly drifts away from all of the elements that attracted them to the game in the first place.

The AAA video game industry is like Hollywood in that they'd generally rather continue to make a mediocre product that makes 200 million than a quality product that makes 50 million.The only time the trend really reverses is when they bungle something so badly that people walk away en masse.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Yeah a popular adage is that you tune for the elite player in H2H (if an average joe-schmoe can get 30 with Giannis the elite guy will get 80) but you disregard their gameplay suggestions.

Too frequently they'll ask for gameplay that caters to their play-style--even if its to the game's detriment. So no, let them give their opinions on youtube and leave them there lol.
i think they tuned shooting for the elite players at launch thats why everyone had issues shooting. they later on went in the opposite direction with shooting and theres no balance..everyone can green lol.

lastly why is agent even a voice? this guy doesn’t play “comp”.
Old 08-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #19
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Most of those youtubers just want pay to win. They want to spend money on packs and upgrades, and be rewarded with easy wins and overpowered everything. They get mad when there galaxy opal lineups don't equal wins every single time. Agent isn't even considered a good player lol.
Agent doesn't play MyTeam. Most of the MyTeam YTers do at least attempt a "no money spent" thing and try to show that you can win/have a good team without spending money.

Further, at this point, everyone is running all GOs in that mode now that they're dirt cheap, so an average game is going to mostly be about who's better, with the exception of GOAT cards.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 08-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #20
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Meh. They went the "realism" route this year and the gameplay was clunky and ***. I'll gladly sacrifice some of that "realism" just to have some player control back and I'm optimistic that's the route they'll take for 2K21.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:45 PM   #21
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Meh. They went the "realism" route this year and the gameplay was clunky and ***. I'll gladly sacrifice some of that "realism" just to have some player control back and I'm optimistic that's the route they'll take for 2K21.
How so? This year doesn't really feel all that "sim" to me...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2020, 07:14 PM   #22
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
How so? This year doesn't really feel all that "sim" to me..
Yeah me either. You lost me here, Hustle...you mean because at launch you had to basically green shots to shoot well consistently? That's not realism IMO --thats hard coding shooting percentages without considering what the opponent does and it was doomed to fail. The defense should always play a big part in how well a team shoots.

Realism always comes second to balance and shooting success should be a mixture of Openness, Timing, and Realistic shooting percentages. Now when players of similar skill compete and play COMPETENTLY should shooting percentages should naturally mirror what we see in reality? SURE.

But when the opponent plays zone or otherwise repeatedly gives shooters WIDE OPEN shots especially the corner three (the best shot in basketball) we should see shooting numbers that are much higher than we see in NBA basketball.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:22 PM   #23
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
How so? This year doesn't really feel all that "sim" to me...

Iím talking about player movement.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:25 PM   #24
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Iím talking about player movement.
Can you unpack that? I'm still a little confused as to what you mean. Certain driving animations do feel clunky, but I've never felt that to be all that realistic. Defensive players still kind of feel "skate-y" to me as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »