Home

2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

This is a discussion on 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #1
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

OVR: 0
2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

I see 2K going the way of NBA Live if they forget about the fans that got them to where they are - real basketball sim heads, and credibility that they have given 2K by approving of the game over the years on the realistic aspects of the game that 2K was able to achieve. Guess what 2K, if real ballers start heavily trash talking your product, you lose all credibility in the basketball world. The casuals will follow, and be on to the next trendy game. Gameplay is still king. Do you you know what happens when the game goes Full Arcade? The hardcore players abandon the game because might as well play NBA Street or NBA Jam. Realism means rewarding realism and IQ. If that incentive is gone, there's no point in playing. 2K20 is *somewhat* realistic. Go full arcade and it's a wrap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZC_P06Zcj8

They basically ask Agent00, what gameplay improvements do you want? I wouldn't exactly call him the beacon of basketball knowledge or having high bball iq. He's a casual gamer.

"
- I want more effective animations (read: cheese. he was basically upset behind the back move was nerfed).
- I do get simulation, but I play videogames to HAVE FUN
- More fast paced
"

Aka

"Realism is icky"
"I'm playing a videogame, I don't want to think or have to use my brain or have any negative consequences from my low iq, it needs to be dumbed down and easy. Just give me a glitch move I can spam so I can post it on youtube like I have skills". Lol

Of course videogames should be fun, but a lot of people find realism to be fun. Unrealistic bs and cheese doesn't = "fun", it just becomes annoying that bums get rewarded. Or if defense isn't rewarded, it becomes like "what's the point?". Less badge grinding would make the game more fun for sure.

Last edited by TheFgGoatLikesHawks; 08-01-2020 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
Pro

Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

100%!

Sounds like 2k wanna cash in on that teen fortnite crowd with mummy and daddy’s credit card and make the game more arcady
Old 08-01-2020, 06:31 PM   #3
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle321
100%!

Sounds like 2k wanna cash in on that teen fortnite crowd with mummy and daddy’s credit card and make the game more arcady
Exactly. They're counting their mega millions from it, so it becomes a conflict of interest. People gonna choose money over integrity of the sport every time.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

i laughed when i saw him getting interviewed. he’s spent the past 2 years criticizing devs and mike wang. i dont think he even puts up gameplay content anymore last few vids ive seen from his channel were about 2k meme’s lol.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #5
MVP

Yup , seems like 2k is taking the FIFA Route . They killed FIFA with FUT team and only listen to those 12 year old cry babies who want a hockey style arcade game instead of a SIM style game . The SIM players just get spat on and ignored , I gave up with FIFA last year and 2k isn't looking to promising going into next gen if they really listen to clowns like that guy . The future for Us SIM gamers just really doesn't look all that positive

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #6

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Most of those youtubers just want pay to win. They want to spend money on packs and upgrades, and be rewarded with easy wins and overpowered everything. They get mad when there galaxy opal lineups don't equal wins every single time. Agent isn't even considered a good player lol.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

''I do get simulation, but I play videogames to HAVE FUN''

when i hear this it makes me throw up....i hate those kind of statements...
if i play basketball I WANT REALISM...REALISM IS WHAT MAKES FUN!
Old 08-01-2020, 07:43 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
I see 2K going the way of NBA Live if they forget about the fans that got them to where they are - real basketball sim heads, and credibility that they have given 2K by approving of the game over the years on the realistic aspects of the game that 2K was able to achieve. Guess what 2K, if real ballers start heavily trash talking your product, you lose all credibility in the basketball world. The casuals will follow, and be on to the next trendy game. Gameplay is still king. Do you you know what happens when the game goes Full Arcade? The hardcore players abandon the game because might as well play NBA Street or NBA Jam. Realism means rewarding realism and IQ. If that incentive is gone, there's no point in playing. 2K20 is *somewhat* realistic. Go full arcade and it's a wrap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZC_P06Zcj8

They basically ask Agent00, what gameplay improvements do you want? I wouldn't exactly call him the beacon of basketball knowledge or having high bball iq. He's a casual gamer.

"
- I want more effective animations (read: cheese. he was basically upset behind the back move was nerfed).
- I do get simulation, but I play videogames to HAVE FUN
- More fast paced
"

Aka

"Realism is icky"
"I'm playing a videogame, I don't want to think or have to use my brain or have any negative consequences from my low iq, it needs to be dumbed down and easy. Just give me a glitch move I can spam so I can post it on youtube like I have skills". Lol

Of course videogames should be fun, but a lot of people find realism to be fun. Unrealistic bs and cheese doesn't = "fun", it just becomes annoying that bums get rewarded. Or if defense isn't rewarded, it becomes like "what's the point?". Less badge grinding would make the game more fun for sure.
I think that's the thing...fun and skill mean different things to different people.

To your average gamer, skill leans more towards video game skill (i.e. button timing, builds,the best moves,etc.) with a little bit of basketball knowledge.To fans who are more sport oriented,skill leans more towards knowledge of the game (i.e. offensive/defensive schemes, knowledge of personnel,etc.) with a little bit of video gaming skill added in.

The problem seems to lie in that 2K tends to have issues with offering solid modes that cater to different approaches to gameplay.This probably stems more from the fact that currently there is more money to be made catering to the online gaming community in general than to sports gamers specifically.It probably could be remedied if they offered an online competitive mode that was more realism centric and fixed MLO so players can finally have working custom leagues instead of having to deal with game breaking bugs year in and year out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »