Home

MyCareer Matchup Nightmares

This is a discussion on MyCareer Matchup Nightmares within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2020, 12:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
MyCareer Matchup Nightmares

Playing MyCareer as a 6'4'' point guard is fun...mostly. My player is decent. Not overpowered. Decent badges defensively.

But there is 1 player I have no clue why the game refuses to adjust for. Ben Simmons. I cannot guard him. I really wish you had some control over who you guard. He's too big & too fast to prevent getting right to the rim at will.

Short of changing minutes & positions before the game I can't avoid getting consistently posterized by this PF playing the PG position.

Anybody else have any matchup nightmares they hate dealing with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2020, 02:19 AM   #2
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer Matchup Nightmares

Giannis, Kawhi, and KD.

I got a 6'8 250 LB SF though.

Last edited by zello144; 08-06-2020 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:32 PM   #3
Pro

Yeah, as a PG playing against Simmons is a nightmare. Giannis sometimes runs the point too for the Bucks and that matchup is far worse. I can sometimes stay infront of Ben and force up some bad shots, and he'll miss them cause he's Simmons, but Giannis, if he's not already blown by me and heading for an easy dunk, will make some of the most insane shots even playing perfect defense. They really should improve the coaching AI to adjust for super big PG's to be defended by the SF/PF
Old 08-06-2020, 01:36 PM   #4
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Luka's a beast

Made a similar post about this

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ates-used.html

Last edited by TheFgGoatLikesHawks; 08-06-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:31 PM   #5
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

This year, for some reason, Markelle Fultz is one of the hardest people to guard. I don’t struggle with superstars that often somehow but with role players I have mad trouble lol. And this was with a 6’4 2 way playmaker PG and a 6’5 slashing playmaker SF. Can’t think of any superstar I play that’s legit difficult except maybe Giannis but that’s cause they allow him to make 3’s consistently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2020, 10:44 PM   #6
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsdabeast
Playing MyCareer as a 6'4'' point guard is fun...mostly. My player is decent. Not overpowered. Decent badges defensively.

But there is 1 player I have no clue why the game refuses to adjust for. Ben Simmons. I cannot guard him. I really wish you had some control over who you guard. He's too big & too fast to prevent getting right to the rim at will.

Short of changing minutes & positions before the game I can't avoid getting consistently posterized by this PF playing the PG position.

Anybody else have any matchup nightmares they hate dealing with?
Literally just finished a 4-2 losing playoff series as a 6'4 PG (on the Magic, year 1) against Simmons. Not yet 90 OVR but, yeah, he's a hard assignment (was on Superstar difficulty).

I found some success by not going out to him around the perimeter - just sticking near the key at all times - and could usually cut him off driving to the hoop, but he makes some crazy contested layups, just going over the top.

He's also tough on D, but got my points mostly on set plays.

Also SteveQ, I agree on Fultz, he always seems to get difficult buckets when I played against him (in other MC's, he's teammate in this one obviously and therefore sucks).

Last edited by Nza; 08-06-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Yeah, as a PG playing against Simmons is a nightmare. Giannis sometimes runs the point too for the Bucks and that matchup is far worse. I can sometimes stay infront of Ben and force up some bad shots, and he'll miss them cause he's Simmons, but Giannis, if he's not already blown by me and heading for an easy dunk, will make some of the most insane shots even playing perfect defense. They really should improve the coaching AI to adjust for super big PG's to be defended by the SF/PF
Giannis is a nightmare too. He obliterates my PF. And when he runs the point I have no chance. I try to no avail to stay in front of him but I'm essentially delaying the inevitable. Why the game doesn't adjust for super big PG's I'll never understand. Simmons ridiculous perimeter D also gives me trouble. He's just an overall terror. Recently had a playoff series. My Heat won 4-3 but he avg 31 pts. 9 ast. My stats were down across the board. Toughest playoff series I've ever played. It was fun but Spolstra needs to assign Simmons to Butler or Josh Jackson next time.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:20 AM   #8
Pro

Josh Jackson give me fits

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »