Home

CPU vs CPU coach mode

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU coach mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU vs CPU coach mode

Is there any way to do CPU vs CPU but make coaching adjustments? I know about Simcast, but Simcast won't let you watch the actual game play out. I was wondering if there was a way to just play the role of the coach in games. I've tried switching over to a team and making adjustments and then going back to CPU vs CPU, but the adjustments don't stick once you are not in control of the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Gowi's Arena

Re: CPU vs CPU coach mode

Was in some of the older games but 2K got rid of it afaik.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #3
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

If you're in the middle of a MyLeague, Simcast Live is exactly this.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 05-11-2020, 09:42 AM   #4
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
I need to check that out then, I didn't know.

I wish we had a way to do that in "play Now" as well though.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:14 AM   #5
Just started!

I am really sick of there not being a coach mode, it was in the game for years and is also a great way to study offenses, much better than doing so in the practice section that you can run plays......Baseball has a great manager mode, hockey has a coach mode, and madden has a so-so coach mode.?.....I think this would be better for mobile as well because playing this game on mobile is not great.....Really all mobile sports games should look into this more.Also could remove some aspects of exploits....Should always be an option at least, and not even the dumb sideline coach mode they had, just the positional choice like PG, SG, whatever....I read before this had to do with VC points as the reason for it being taken out.That is the worst excuse I have ever heard.Coaching basketball is great, not as fun as playing but still a different look at the game(s)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2020, 05:16 AM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

I dunno if it works but have you tried playing the game in position lock for a bench player that never plays? This way you should have no control over the players, but over the team.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I'm signing into my account for the first time in seven years just in case someone else googles 2k20 coach mode and happens to stumble across this thread and makes the same mistake I did. Simcast live is not at all what the OP is asking for. Simcast live is just dots moving around on the screen representing the players, you don't actually get to watch the game in real time. You do get to call plays and control substitutions in real time etc. But you do not get to watch the actual game play out CPU vs CPU with animations in broadcast view etc.

In years past people discovered workarounds so that you could actually watch the games play out. But the old work arounds don't seem to work in 2k20. In 2k16 you could go into simcast live before tip off, wait for your team or the opponent to score, then save and quit. When you'd re-enter you'd be able to call plays, do substitutions and actually watch the game play out CPU vs CPU rather than the dots. The only issue with this is that it did require comprehensive adjustments to the sliders for the game to play well.

This isn't available in 2k20. But what is extra insulting is that after every play you can check instant replay. So the game does actually play out, you just can't watch it.

I made the mistake of picking this game up and thinking they had finally implemented a viewable coach mode. I spent days setting up a myleague only to be thoroughly disappointed when I launched the game and couldn't actually watch and coach the game at the same time. You either get to watch it, but not control anything using pure cpu vs cpu. Or control everything, but only get to see dots floating around like it's 1996.

I'm just making this post so somebody doesn't read the quoted post like I did and make the same mistake.

Aside from this the game is fantastic though lol. So I don't regret picking it up.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:18 PM   #8
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
I dunno if it works but have you tried playing the game in position lock for a bench player that never plays? This way you should have no control over the players, but over the team.
Ahh, good idea. But do you have control over Coaching tools though?

Quote:
Yea, sorry for the months going by before I responded but this isn't what we are asking for at all. Thanks for the suggestion though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »