Home

NBA 2K21 Trailer - Everything is Game (Current-Gen)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Trailer - Everything is Game (Current-Gen) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2020, 12:59 PM   #33
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Trailer - Everything is Game (Current-Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Looks the same tbh. Please fix the bugs and glitches with the game

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I pray it looks like basketball or will need to strap rocket packs on their backs to make people happy
Old 08-06-2020, 01:02 PM   #34
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Ok....how long does EA have the rights to MSG? Is it lifetime or what? 2k is the sole NBA BBall game and not seeing the worlds most famous arena bugs me. They should be able to afford MSG by now with all the VC money going to them.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #35
Rookie

Unless I missed something, 2K avoided putting the September 4 release date in this trailer, despite that date being less than a month from now.

I still don’t think they are fully committed to releasing this game at the start of September. Nor should they.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2020, 01:05 PM   #36
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YabaDaba
Unless I missed something, 2K avoided putting the September 4 release date in this trailer, despite that date being less than a month from now.

I still don’t think they are fully committed to releasing this game at the start of September. Nor should they.
The date is all over their social media trailer announcement: https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/1291373542504726529
Old 08-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #37
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I see UCLA and Florida so I'm glad licensed colleges are back in some capacity. Ill have some fun with that. Other than that though, theres not much to get excited about. I already preordered so I'm gonna enjoy current gen for what its worth and hopefully be wowed by next gen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-06-2020, 01:50 PM   #38
Rookie

That was a miserably unimpressive trailer. Obviously at this point there isn’t going to be any graphics improvements but the game looks identical to 2K20. Every character model looked exactly the same from facial appearances to body type.

And then everyone moved the same as last year’s game and the shots are still way off (i.e., Tatum and Lillard’s jumpshots). This is 2K20 with updated rosters and that’s a disappointment.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:59 PM   #39
MVP

lakers24's Arena

This is why I don't see the point in anyone buying current gen. Next gen is the only way you'll get a substantial upgrade of anything. I'm just waiting for a trailer and details to drop for it to confirm my purchase.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:00 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
The date is all over their social media trailer announcement: https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/1291373542504726529
Well of course the social media team is going to proceed with the current date. If they didn't, it would be obvious that there’s a delay and it would be strange for 2K to not come right out and say it.

I’m reading between the lines. 2K marketing could have put the release date in the video, they made a deliberate choice not to. Why? You can change the release date in the vid description later, you can send out tweets with a new release date later, but you can’t change the video later. Once it’s up, it’s locked.

If there was no doubt internally that 2k21 would release on Sept 4, less than a month from now, then they would have put the release date in the trailer. Instead, it’s just “pre-order today”. That’s like the recent Tenet trailer saying “coming to theaters” while WB was still saying they would release the film in August.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »