Home

How concerned are you?

This is a discussion on How concerned are you? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

OVR: 0
How concerned are you?

We are pretty close to release and they have only released a trailer where the defenders watch shooters shoot instead of contesting.

No myLeague blog.

I was already concerned heading into the release, because they delay the game. With the pandemic, there is no way the team was able to do as much work as usual.

I was really hoping they would delay the game until next year to make sure is polished, but I'm guessing corporate wants the bump to their sales this quarter.

What's your level of concern? I'm at like a 7/10

Last edited by HesiPullupJimbo; 08-09-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Re: How concerned are you?

Not concerned about anything, really. Work on the game has probably been done for a while so this is all just marketing strategy. Yyy2k posted on Reddit:

“If they show next-gen now, that messes up current-gen's sales. If they show current-gen now, people will be unimpressed and call it 2K19 3.0. Their solution seems to be to show current-gen stuff last minute, and then start advertising next-gen after September 4. As 2K fans, we all know this already, but the regular consumer doesn't.

“If you look at 2K14, they showed off a few screenshots and in-engine clips, but saved next-gen until after current-gen released.”

I was kinda resigned to the fact that current gen will be 2k20.5 anyway, so Im not that bothered.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #3
MVP

I don't really find myself concerned by anything video game related tbh. If the game looks bad on release, I won't buy it and I'll play something else. Fifa looks promising this year, and so does Madden to a lesser extent.

I enjoy playing sports simulation games, and it's one of the few things that I do to properly relax and switch off, but I have far more important things to worry about than how the 2k trailer looks. If it's good, it's good. If it's bad, I'll play something else. If they're all bad, I'll find something else to do.

With that being said, I'm probably just going to stick with 2k20 for the time being, regardless. I haven't played it much and have only just really started getting into my MyLeague. The next NBA season will still be entirely up in the air when the game is released, so I'm not sure what rosters, etc. will even look like. Because I haven't played it much, I don't feel bored by the gameplay yet either. Quite the opposite, in fact. I hated the gameplay at first but I've sped it up a lot and tweaked the movement with sliders and I'm probably having the most fun I've had on 2K in a long time.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:43 PM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Not concerned at all. All I heard during 2k19's prime was how 2k20 was going to be a "placeholder" until 2k21 dropped on Next Gen and all would be right in the world.

So, I'm expecting 2k21 current gen to be 2k20.001 and expecting 2k21 next gen to be a solid game with game mechanics tweaked for a overall much more realistic experience.

If that doesn't happen, I pack my bags & will be playing my Nintendo Switch for all the Mario games and calling it a career on sports gaming because I've lost all faith in Madden for the past 7 years now.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:24 PM   #5
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I don't mean this comment to be mean, but I almost don't care. With the pandemic and reduced development focus due to next gen consoles, I'll be shocked if current gen NBA 2K21 is even a SMALL step forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 06:25 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I don't mean this comment to be mean, but I almost don't care. With the pandemic and reduced development focus due to next gen consoles, I'll be shocked if current gen NBA 2K21 is even a SMALL step forward.
Not that i'm against you, with pandemic and reduced labours all around the world and the shrinking economies in a lot of other countries other than G8 etc. i doubt there would be a lot of next-gen buyers waiting...

I see very misleading conceptions as if ps4/xbox will die instantly, it won't... The world is not the same as it was when we were transitioning to current-gen from xbox360/ps3.

As far as the thread question goes, yes i'm worried about the world all over.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:56 AM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I'm not concerned at all. I know the next gen version will be the best version of NBA 2K this year. I still look forward to gameplay tweaks and the MyCareer story for current gen. It looks like authentic college Hoops is back and I'm ALWAYS here for that. For the first time I'll probably play more MyCareer and MyTeam on current gen than MyLeague. Plus, I have a PS4 in my bedroom that I use when the family is in the game room so I'll still play the current gen version quite a bit even after next gen releases.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-14-2020, 01:45 AM   #8
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

Anyone who wishes 2k had a tangible skill gap is concerned.

to be anything different is ludicrous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »