Home

NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2020, 11:36 AM   #9
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
"If you miss the target too far to the left or right, your shot will miss in that direction. And as I mentioned above with the new slider sets, even the slightest degree might be the difference between a make and an airball on Hall of Fame, while it’s quite a bit more forgiving on the easier difficulties."

This gives me major pause and instant concern. Does this mean that no shot will A) go in using the stick unless it is properly centered, B) that the difference between a shot being drained and completely missing the basket (which is a fairly rare NBA occurrence in the first place) is a literal centimeter, or C) that this mechanic will be out-and-out broken and make it too easy to guarantee a make (which also is not "true to life." At any rate, this change in particular is very concerning.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 08-13-2020, 11:49 AM   #10
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA

i just hope we can deactivate All those Nonsense.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:00 PM   #11
Rookie

So whether it’s your first time playing against the CPU in Quick Play, messing around with your buddies in the Park, or battling in a high stakes Ante Up or competitive Pro-Am match, there’s a wide range of gameplay experiences and definitely something for everyone in NBA 2K18, NBA 2K19, NBA 2K20 and*NBA 2K21. I'm Just Saying.
We all are going to buy the game regardless and I dont understand why...nevermind.
I can't wait to check the new shooting mechanic and standing layups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 12:12 PM   #12
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA

optimistic that the changes to the right stick will actually improved the latency in dribble moves/shooting animations

gone are the days where videos were coupled with the blogs, cause this is clearly an instance where a video would alleviate much ambiguity and confusions with the new shot stick aiming for both shooting and layups

unfortunately it's always a bit worrying when a gameplay blog mentions of majority offensive changes and on the defensive side it just come off as "TRUST ME BRO ITS GOOD"..I just hope defense is parallel with the offensive upgrades to keep the game balance and not too overpowering

Last edited by kolanji; 08-13-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:27 PM   #13
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

All I see is shiny new objects for cheesers to play with. Nothing in here even waves at trying to build sim basketball.

I wish I was surprised.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:27 PM   #14
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
optimistic that the changes to the right stick will actually improved the latency in dribble moves/shooting animations

so you mean because you aim 1° too far to the left, your player will perform a fancy dribbling instead of just going up for the shot?
Old 08-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #15
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
i just hope we can deactivate All those Nonsense.
I agree, usually it can be done, hopefully
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 12:37 PM   #16
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown1-23
I just wanna hear MyLeague differences between current gen and next gen so I can decide which I should get. If there’s minimal changes I’ll stick with current
i remember My GM was barebones in NBA 2k14 on PS4 version in 2013. i am concerning about my league won't improve much better in 2k21 because they haven't release blog for my gm/league yet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »