Home

NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2020, 02:16 PM   #25
Pro

YungGun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA

Green splash under CPU feet is gone, but you can enable it through jumpshot feedback. Nice...

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/12...418985472?s=19

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #26
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
so you mean because you aim 1 too far to the left, your player will perform a fancy dribbling instead of just going up for the shot?
no not at all that statement was directed towards just latency of inputs..nothing to do with the degree of angles wither shooting

keep in mind as is the latency in controller responsiveness with shooting and dribbling is because direction on the right stick has two inputs for every direction
1. dribble
2. that same direction is shooting

so a delay is introduced to identify if you are trying to trigger a dribble move or shooting move by how long the press is(short press or flick is dribble and long press is shooting) this causes delays and latency from the controller

so now am alluding to is the fact that now not every direction on the shot stick can trigger a shooting animation, only down..so gone are the need to add input delays to any input which is now up left and right for just dribble moves

Last edited by kolanji; 08-13-2020 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #27
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji

so now am alluding to the fact that now not every direction on the shot stick can trigger a shooting animation only down..so gone are the need to add input delays to any input which is now up left and right for just dribble moves
I never thought about that being the reason behind the input delays but it makes sense...I guess.

I can count on one hand how many times I've accidently shot dribbling since the introduction of the shot stick....even in 2K16, which is still the game I feel had the most responsive RS functionality this gen. If we get back there, I'll definitely be happy.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:57 PM   #28
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
2K has to stop changing the controls every year, this is getting insane. I do love the fact that they're trying to make shooting and finishing more skillful tho. Hopefully it works. Thank you Mike Wang.
Sigh....I fully support finding good, intuitive controls and sticking with them unless there's a really efficient or MORE INTUITIVE alternative. Obviously we'll have to see these new controls but right now I just hope they're necessary.

Hopefully, we'll get these same *options* when it comes to play-calling where the changes were unnecessary and BAD. And the play-call BUG is fixed.

Last edited by Kushmir; 08-13-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:15 PM   #29
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I have to wait until I play the demo. I remember when they did shot aiming before, and it was way too hard to use. Plus, how does the changes impact choosing which hand you use for layups and dunks?
Old 08-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #30
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Yeah I wasn't digging 2K17's shot timing.

I did like the layup timing though. It actually made finishing in traffic feel good
Old 08-13-2020, 06:22 PM   #31
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I have to wait until I play the demo. I remember when they did shot aiming before, and it was way too hard to use. Plus, how does the changes impact choosing which hand you use for layups and dunks?
from what I understand is this:

u still choose a direction to initiate shoot animation(left,right ..etc) then you have to rotate towards an aimed dynamic location can be altered by defensive pressure

so in other words think street fighter moves like doing a fireball with Ryu where the input is like starting in one direction and then moving towards another in a rotational motion

so this remains true for all shots including from the post except for dunks

Last edited by kolanji; 08-13-2020 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 06:43 PM   #32
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
from what I understand is this:

u still choose a direction to initiate shoot animation(left,right ..etc) then you have to rotate towards an aimed dynamic location can be altered by defensive pressure

so in other words think street fight moves like doing a fireball with Ryu where the input is like starting in one direction and then moving towards another in a rotational motion

so this remains true for all shots including from the post except for dunks
but if you hold left/right you do thes escape dribbles from what i understand?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »