Home

NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #33
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Green splash under CPU feet is gone, but you can enable it through jumpshot feedback. Nice...

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/12...418985472?s=19

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'll never understand 2K's decision to have us live with those CPU greens. I'm glad its gone for us offliners. I think the silver lining with 2K21 current gen is that I'll be able to focus more on MyCareer and playing with classic teams and players. I'll even give the pro stick configuration a whirl. I usually jump into my MyLeague and start testing stuff and searching for the most "realistic" gameplay. This year I think I'll explore the whole game more knowing that next gen is the full vision for this year.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:24 PM   #34
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
but if you hold left/right you do thes escape dribbles from what i understand?!
According to Beluba twitter and I quote:
"The key to making layups with the Pro Stick this year = instead of holding the stick to the left or right, hold it the direction you want for a brief moment then quickly rotate it toward 12 o’clock to find the ideal aim point."

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/12...732705792?s=19
Old 08-13-2020, 09:32 PM   #35
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
According to Beluba twitter and I quote:

"The key to making layups with the Pro Stick this year = instead of holding the stick to the left or right, hold it the direction you want for a brief moment then quickly rotate it toward 12 o’clock to find the ideal aim point."

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/12...732705792?s=19
That just sounds complicated, but there street fighter analogy gave me an example of what to expect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 10:01 PM   #36
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
That just sounds complicated, but there street fighter analogy gave me an example of what to expect.
I welcome the challenge, it also can get harder. If you are using the pro stick you are a pro so a skill gap.

"The target window resizes dynamically based on player ability, shooting range, and how well the shot is contested and can also shift to the left or right based on the shot’s degree of difficulty."
Old 08-13-2020, 10:02 PM   #37
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Green splash under CPU feet is gone, but you can enable it through jumpshot feedback. Nice...

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/12...418985472?s=19

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Good. I don’t want anything of any colour flashing on the screen when I shoot.

I want the suspense and surprise of just seeing the basketball go into the net.....like you know.....like in real life.......
Old 08-13-2020, 10:06 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I welcome the challenge, it also can get harder. If you are using the pro stick you are a pro so a skill gap.

"The target window resizes dynamically based on player ability, shooting range, and how well the shot is contested and can also shift to the left or right based on the shot’s degree of difficulty."
https://youtu.be/RUiputzICCs
Old 08-13-2020, 10:56 PM   #39
Rookie

I just wish for the days of 2k8.

Its the last time this game didn't play like NBA Live with all the sliding.

Not one word on the response time.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:24 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
All I see is shiny new objects for cheesers to play with. Nothing in here even waves at trying to build sim basketball.

I wish I was surprised.
Dude, come on. I don't like it any more than you, but video game companies would lose money if they didn't cater to the biggest part of their fanbase, and the sim community is NOT the biggest part of pretty much any sports game's fanbase. Not even close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »