Home

NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #49
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA

Speaking of passing we need more errant passes. More turnovers that are not steals are needed.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:44 PM   #50
MVP

tru11's Arena

Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTMax
Not when there's many different types of passes: overhead, bounce, straight, wrap around etc. Also on fast breaks there's still not an option to pass it to the guy ahead of the pack / leaking out. This causes the dumb animation where they pass it to a random guy close to them with two hands extended.

There is an option.

Its called icon passing.

Press the icon of the guy leading the pack and the ball will go there.
Its alot more accurate then most passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-14-2020, 12:45 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Icon passing is single-handedly the best option available. People just don't use it. Also, I'm pretty sure that you can use RS or LS for passing now.
Too bad they couldn't tie in the other passing types into Icon Passing. An example could be once Icon passing is up, pressing the button would be a normal pass, double tapping the button could be a lob pass, holding down the button could be a bounce pass.

It would give more control to the icon passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 01:17 PM   #52
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Every year, 2K comes up with a way to simultaneously refine and overly complicate its controls.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #53
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Every year, 2K comes up with a way to simultaneously refine and overly complicate its controls.
No offense but it's called options and trying to give more control and creativity to the end user. He stated in all of the changes you can revert back to 2K20's controls if you so desire. Me personally, I love options and appreciate 2K never being satisfied and always giving the effort to improve or refine. It's what makes 2K who they are today.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:42 PM   #54
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb4056
Too bad they couldn't tie in the other passing types into Icon Passing. An example could be once Icon passing is up, pressing the button would be a normal pass, double tapping the button could be a lob pass, holding down the button could be a bounce pass.

It would give more control to the icon passing.

You can currently do that. If you turn on "Total Control Passing," pressing the icon is a normal pass, double-tapping the icon is a bounce pass, and holding the icon is a lob pass. I throw a ton of bounce passes because they don't seem to get stolen nearly as much as normal passes do. Also, even in real life, there was nothing quite like throwing a perfect bounce pass lol
Old 08-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #55
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
You can currently do that. If you turn on "Total Control Passing," pressing the icon is a normal pass, double-tapping the icon is a bounce pass, and holding the icon is a lob pass. I throw a ton of bounce passes because they don't seem to get stolen nearly as much as normal passes do. Also, even in real life, there was nothing quite like throwing a perfect bounce pass lol

wait what?!?!?! That is great, if it actually works! Why does noone besides you know about this?!

edit: holy ****, this is actually working! Why does I have to learn that from some random internet guy (no offense to you!) and not from the game itself?!

Last edited by jk31; 08-14-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 03:26 PM   #56
MVP

tru11's Arena

People sleep on icon passing.

Been preaching it for the longest......

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »