Home

NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA 2K21 Demo Arrives on 8-24

It's a bit later than their usual news cycle, but 2K is slowly providing NBA 2K21...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Definitely a demo I'm going to have to try out before I decide whether or not to purchase. Even then I'll probably wait at least a week or so to check out gameplay videos. We'll see, some interesting gameplay changes though.*
Old 08-13-2020, 10:31 AM   #3
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA

We hope that the demo is more consistent than the previous ones, in order to be able to evaluate well whether to buy it
Old 08-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #4
Rookie

When will us as consumers take a stand against this franchise selling us a modified carbon copy for $60 plus VC costs year after year?
Old 08-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: NBA 2K21 Gameplay Blog - Pro Stick Changes, Shooting, Motion Styles & More - NBA

Not unexpected but it looks like current gen 2K21 is the year of refinement. That's not a bad thing at all as 2K20 is pretty good. I'll definitely use the demo though to feel out the new mechanics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #6
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Shot stick aiming sounds crazy complicated to me especially for layups.

Beluba,

I think you are saying with the new aiming shot stick you can still aim the shot essentially on the way down to get the target right but can you still "green" with late timing?

Or is it "perfect" timed shot stick plus perfect "aim" equals a chance of "green". You didnt really say that so I take it something else may be happening under the hood where perfect aim and timing might not be a "green"
Old 08-13-2020, 11:08 AM   #7
Pro

YungGun's Arena

2K has to stop changing the controls every year, this is getting insane. I do love the fact that they're trying to make shooting and finishing more skillful tho. Hopefully it works. Thank you Mike Wang.

August 24th for a demo is pointless tho. Why release a demo 2 weeks before the game come out? Are you really looking for feedback at that point?

Last edited by YungGun; 08-13-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:28 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

I just wanna hear MyLeague differences between current gen and next gen so I can decide which I should get. If there’s minimal changes I’ll stick with current

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »