Home

New Classic Teams in NBA 2K21?

This is a discussion on New Classic Teams in NBA 2K21? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2020, 08:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Classic Teams in NBA 2K21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
Would love to see one of those 90s Hawks teams (Mutombo, Laettner, Smith, Blaylock), mainly because of the jerseys.
Hi... I did these HAWKS teams: 60 NEW HISTORIC TEAMS

23. HAWKS 1988-1989 (all time team)

Dominique Wilkins, Moses Malone, Reggie Theus, Antoine Carr, John Koncak, Cliff Levingston, Doc Rivers, Spud Webb, Kevin Willis (he was injuried but he was in the roster) – John Battle, Duane Ferrel, Pace Mannion (3 new players)

24. HAWKS 1996- 1997 (current team)

Mutombo, Jon Barry, Steve Smith, Laettner – Mookie Blaylock, Alan Henderson, Ken Norman, Donnie Boyce, Willie Burton, Tyrone Corbin, Priest Lauderdale, Henry James (8 new players)

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...r-nba2k20.html

And I did these: 60 NEW HISTORIC TEAMS VOL.2

29. HAWKS 1993-1994 (all time teams)
Dominique Wilkins, Danny Manning, Kevin Willis, Stacey Augmon, Craig Ehlo, Adam Keefe, Jon Koncak, - John Bagley, Mookie Blaylock, Duane Ferrell, Andrew Lang, Ennis Whatley, (5 new players)

30. HAWKS 2009-2010 (current teams)
Al Horford, Jeff Teague, Jamal Crawford, Marvin Williams, Mike Bibby, Jason Collins, Zaza Pachulia, - Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Maurice Evans, Othello Hunter, Joe Smith (5 new players)

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-vol-2-a.html

My name on PS4 is Peregrino1978

Inside those rosters together are 120 new classic teams.

Last edited by Fidel1978; 08-18-2020 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:43 PM   #18
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

we need to focus on classic teams that have at least 7-8 players already on there

like instead of the 92 suns why not the 90 suns no need for chuck and KJ Majdale chambers hornseack already on the game

but for 2k21 09 or 10 LAL 09 ori and 10 bos wouild work
Old 08-19-2020, 11:31 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
we need to focus on classic teams that have at least 7-8 players already on there

like instead of the 92 suns why not the 90 suns no need for chuck and KJ Majdale chambers hornseack already on the game

but for 2k21 09 or 10 LAL 09 ori and 10 bos wouild work
As an aside, speaking of your Suns comment, I kind of feel like 2K may have missed an opportunity with their inclusion of the 2003 Suns. I'm guessing their motivation was finding a team for Stephon Marbury that didn't require additional resources but had they just gone back a few more years, to 2000, they would have had a Suns team that:

1. Took out the defending champions in the playoffs (Tim Duncan was injured, but still...)

2. Had at least 10 players already included in 2K (Kidd, Penny, Googs, Marion, Longley, Cliff Robinson, KJ, Chapman, Rogers, Blount).

3. Used the same jersey design and court art as the 1993 Suns, which would have opened up the option for folks to create their own Barkley-era Suns in a more realistic fashion.

Again, probably easier to just copy the court art they already had (2005 Suns copied over to 2003) but just thought it would have been cool.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:37 AM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Honestly, just giving us full access to the MyTeam/Franchise team creator offline would be huge.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:08 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
As an aside, speaking of your Suns comment, I kind of feel like 2K may have missed an opportunity with their inclusion of the 2003 Suns. I'm guessing their motivation was finding a team for Stephon Marbury that didn't require additional resources but had they just gone back a few more years, to 2000, they would have had a Suns team that:

1. Took out the defending champions in the playoffs (Tim Duncan was injured, but still...)

2. Had at least 10 players already included in 2K (Kidd, Penny, Googs, Marion, Longley, Cliff Robinson, KJ, Chapman, Rogers, Blount).

3. Used the same jersey design and court art as the 1993 Suns, which would have opened up the option for folks to create their own Barkley-era Suns in a more realistic fashion.

Again, probably easier to just copy the court art they already had (2005 Suns copied over to 2003) but just thought it would have been cool.
I did this Suns team in 60 NEW HISTORIC TEAMS VOL.2

SUNS 1997-1998 (all time teams)
Jason Kidd, Stve Nash, Kevin Johnson, Antonio McDyess, Danny Manning, Dennis Scott, Rex Chapman, Cliff Robinson, Cedric Ceballos, John Williams, Mark Bryant – George McCloud (1 new player)

https://www.2krosters.com/2019/10/19...ric-teams-ps4/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2020, 05:30 AM   #22
Rookie

The teams they added this year are just a joke. It's like no effort was made for the classic teams section of the game. I'm not a Lakers fan, but to not add the Kobe-Pau team this year of all years is a disgrace. Supposedly the reason is that they couldn't reach Bynum, but that makes no sense. They have the Pistons without Sheed and Prince ... but that Lakers team would still have Kobe, Pau, Odom and possibly Artest.

I won't be buying this year since they put no effort into the classic teams.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:01 AM   #23
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzman23
The teams they added this year are just a joke. It's like no effort was made for the classic teams section of the game. I'm not a Lakers fan, but to not add the Kobe-Pau team this year of all years is a disgrace. Supposedly the reason is that they couldn't reach Bynum, but that makes no sense. They have the Pistons without Sheed and Prince ... but that Lakers team would still have Kobe, Pau, Odom and possibly Artest.

I won't be buying this year since they put no effort into the classic teams.
Agreed, but sadly the legends aspect isn't what sells copies for 2K. Most folk just wanna load up the game and go play in the virtual modes or online with the current Lakers or Clippers etc etc

I've also opted to not buy this years game unless there's an announcement of additional teams from past eras on next gen. (Which I HIGHLY doubt) The legit classic teams (For me that falls under the 80's/90's/ early 2000's) and reliving old school hoops is the only reason I buy 2k. Not much point making the jump to 2K21 if there's no new tack ons.

I'm content with 2k20.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:19 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzman23
They only have 5 players: Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Fisher, and Luke Walton.

The issue isn't that they were missing Bynum. It's that they weren't willing to pay role players like Shannon Brown or Sasha Vujacic, or end of bench guys like Adam Morrison and DJ Mbenga.

Prior to this season, Josh Powell (10th man) reached out to 2K about being in the game, and never heard back from them.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »