Home

Shot Meter and Green Circle Setting in NBA 2K21

This is a discussion on Shot Meter and Green Circle Setting in NBA 2K21 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2020, 06:37 AM   #49
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Shot Meter and Green Circle Setting in NBA 2K21

At 44, I’m a bit old school and not really in to timing and shot sticks. I’ve always used real fg%, but last year I noticed you could never get a clean swish using real fg%. Every make seemed to graze the rim at some point. Any chance that was fixed this year? It’s unrealistic, especially to see guys like Curry or Harden never swish one, and was the main reason I got rid of 2K20 and went back to 16. I doubt it’s fixed, but I’m hoping.
Old 09-05-2020, 08:15 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
At 44, I’m a bit old school and not really in to timing and shot sticks. I’ve always used real fg%, but last year I noticed you could never get a clean swish using real fg%. Every make seemed to graze the rim at some point. Any chance that was fixed this year? It’s unrealistic, especially to see guys like Curry or Harden never swish one, and was the main reason I got rid of 2K20 and went back to 16. I doubt it’s fixed, but I’m hoping.
Nah it wasn't fixed.
You can never swish in NBA 2k21 using real player % either.
Plus, shot trajectories look really weird too.
Mike Wang said he will get rid of green splash via a patch (when shot feedback is off, playing CPU offline).
I am eagerly waiting for this to happen asap...
Old 09-05-2020, 10:08 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcchoi
Nah it wasn't fixed.
You can never swish in NBA 2k21 using real player % either.
Plus, shot trajectories look really weird too.
Mike Wang said he will get rid of green splash via a patch (when shot feedback is off, playing CPU offline).
I am eagerly waiting for this to happen asap...
I hope he gets rid of seeing the takeover icons too. I don't want to see that while I'm playing. I thought if you turn this off you won't see them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 12:46 AM   #52
Rookie

ESPOMAN's Arena

OVR: 17

I started playing today and I do not hate the aiming but when I play play now online it killed me. Maybe because there is more lag. On MyCareer I am a post scorer and I like it. I make more shots with it than when I use the button.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:29 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 0

Can somebody confirm that that green splash/ red circle(from double teaming) and takeover badge (with that stupid flames...this is not NBA JAM) can be switch off and not be seen anymore when playing offline??

Seriously you don't play Broadcast view in very hard difficulties with adjusted slider to really feel like your in NBA games just to see all this none sense..and you don't brag "the most realistic basketball experience" with this none sense either.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:02 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
Can somebody confirm that that green splash/ red circle(from double teaming) and takeover badge (with that stupid flames...this is not NBA JAM) can be switch off and not be seen anymore when playing offline??

Seriously you don't play Broadcast view in very hard difficulties with adjusted slider to really feel like your in NBA games just to see all this none sense..and you don't brag "the most realistic basketball experience" with this none sense either.
I can confirm that these are all there in NBA 2K21
and unfortunately they cant be turned off.
Mike Wang said the green splash will no longer an issue when playing CPU offline but its still there.
He said he would address it during the next patch.
Dunno whether that patch will include an option to turn off double team indicators or takeover icons though...
Old 09-06-2020, 09:10 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

If this is the case then I might just not buy 2k21. I haven't skipped an NBA 2K game before but I really don't like where this is heading. It seems offline players are being penalized for changes that were supposed to be for online multiplayer/park players. Little to no MyLeague updates.

Perhaps next gen news will change my mind but I doubt they'll change the shot stick for that version. They'll stick to this change then will (maybe) backtrack before the release of 2k2 if feedback on it is considerable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
I’ll try and get this patched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any news on the update?
Heard online users got a hotfix the other day...
It would be much appreciated if you could fix this green splash issue for all of our offline users who mainly play with cpu. Thank you!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »