Home

NBA 2K21 MyTEAM Blog - Seasons, Badge Customization, MyTEAM Limited Mode, The Exchange, Current-Gen Carry Over to Next-Gen

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 MyTEAM Blog - Seasons, Badge Customization, MyTEAM Limited Mode, The Exchange, Current-Gen Carry Over to Next-Gen within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #9
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K21 MyTEAM Blog - Seasons, Badge Customization, MyTEAM Limited Mode, The Exc

Would have liked a mode similar to unlimited 2.0 but with lineup restrictions in terms of card colour. Similar to those common “you have $15 to make a lineup” type of things. The mode is brain dead action once it’s Galaxy Opals vs Galaxy Opals and everyone is just shooting 3’s from half court and dunking from anywhere. Let’s force people make build rosters around a star and make team building actually matter
Old 08-21-2020, 01:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 MyTEAM Blog - Seasons, Badge Customization, MyTEAM Limited Mode, The Exc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I wonder why more offline guys don't play MyTeam. They've added a lot of fun stuff to do without having to spend a dime...

Because, it’s fantasy basketball, unrealistic ratings, wasted time, and all they ever want is $. That’s at least my take, but to each their own. If you could carry over the MyTeam players over to the off line roster then I could be interested but I think that is one of the catches of why some players are only MyTeam available only.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHook
Because, it’s fantasy basketball, unrealistic ratings, wasted time, and all they ever want is $. That’s at least my take, but to each their own. If you could carry over the MyTeam players over to the off line roster then I could be interested but I think that is one of the catches of why some players are only MyTeam available only.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I didn't spend a dime on MT last year and had a great time with it. If I'm not lacing my shoes up I consider all of this fantasy basketball., lol

You should try it out if you haven't. You may like it. Its definitely not for everyone though...

Now the online aspect of MyTeam, I won't mess with it past the first couple of weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 02:18 PM   #12
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHook
Because, it’s fantasy basketball

You could've stopped right here. It's not a My League substitute. I have never even opened the mode.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #13
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I wonder why more offline guys don't play MyTeam. They've added a lot of fun stuff to do without having to spend a dime...
I gave it a try but others have hit on why I don't like it. It basically turns into plugging and playing the best cards regardless of the player, and to some degree position. I'd rather just do a fantasy draft with will all the players and actually have some strategy with building a roster and team.

I was enjoying the mode a bit when I start but once I got a Reggie Jackson card, can't remember what level the card was, where he played like a slightly taller Chris Paul with a better 3 point shot I began losing interest. There's just a big disconnect for me when basically any player can turn into a HOF caliber player if you get the right card. Like even the 2020 draft class players have cards that can make them as good as anyone in the game. Once you get enough good cards the fun factor starts to dissipate especially when some of those players aren't even that good in real life.

Edit: And to clarify this is from a mostly offline gamer. If I was more into playing online or had friends that had their own My Teams squads I could have more fun with this mode but from a strictly offline perspective the charm of the mode starts wears off once you get enough good cards IMO.

Last edited by scottyp180; 08-21-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #14
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm gonna guess contracts are still a thing since they didn't announce it as a "feature".**
Old 08-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #15
Rookie

It sounds good, they threy need to improve the online gameplay less cheese and if they can return to the good old days when not so many galaxy opals, as you said a lot of unrealistic player ratings on 2K20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #16
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:

I'm too old for all those card thingy I guess. I prefer sim ball mode, not just the way the teams irl running their offensive schemes, but also how realistic the player signatures are. The default shooting form like free throws, they have been horrible for years. I just cannot enjoy playing MJ when MJ doesnt play like one in the game. Where's the fun when playing the classic bulls without the Triangle? I just can't .. Lol
So that explain why i'm a big fan of Czar, always eager for the new release of playbooks along the season. And where is his blog now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »