Home

Shot Aiming = No Consistency

This is a discussion on Shot Aiming = No Consistency within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2020, 04:30 PM   #25
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Shot Aiming = No Consistency

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Either way, I think its important to give it more than a day.
Yeah I know lol...i'm just ornery because I know transition defense is gonna be jacked/No Switching won't be in for a few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2020, 04:31 PM   #26
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I think Mike Wang (or the gameplay blog, not sure which) said that if you turn the shot meter off, shot aiming is disabled. So your options are:

1. Use shot aiming with the visible meter.
2. Use shot timing with the visible meter.
3. Use shot timing with no meter.

My personal plan is to opt for no meter but we'll see about that; I don't want to be at a massive disadvantage playing online against people that use the shot aiming, but hopefully it won't be that drastic. But between the FT shooting (which I assume will be patched), the sensitivity of the system, and just the on-screen clutter that the meters provide, I think I'd rather stick with no meter.

I would do Shot timing with no meter and no green splashes for me or my opponent.

I’d be happy with that......
Old 08-25-2020, 04:38 PM   #27
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah always respect Kush's opinion but I'm with you. Think it's a good and worthwhile change. Are there other things that could have been focused on before this? Sure, but it doesn't mean I don't like this (sans FT shooting, which I still might stick with because I think the challenge is enjoyable, but would maybe want a specific slider for that area).
Yeah its really a preference for me...I just hate clutter and love intuitive controls--it makes them easier to remember since they "feel" right. Its why I love pulling down on the shot-stick to shoot (and why I think a quick flick at the rim should be the floater) it quickly became muscle memory for me.

As long as the 2K20 option is there its fine--I agree with the FTs tho. As long as we're not trying to line up two green arrows challenging is good.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Yeah I know lol...i'm just ornery because I know transition defense is gonna be jacked/No Switching won't be in for a few years.
I hear you Kush.

Transition honestly seems to have been improved but I'm not jumping on that train until I see some real cheesy pressure on it, lol

I'm about 70% sure the center being glued to the FT line issue has been tweaked.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:48 PM   #29
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
I hear you Kush.

Transition honestly seems to have been improved but I'm not jumping on that train until I see some real cheesy pressure on it, lol
And you will, padwan...TRUST. Cheesers will for sure let you guys know if its fixed

Quote:
I'm about 70% sure the center being glued to the FT line issue has been tweaked.
That would be nice lol. Real drop coverage too--even though the Sixers literally got swept off the floor playing it.

Last edited by Kushmir; 08-25-2020 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:24 PM   #30
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
I would do Shot timing with no meter and no green splashes for me or my opponent.

I’d be happy with that......
On some level, I have a hard time thinking the 2K team would take out the green splashes for AI and also not incorporate that for online games (assuming you mean just the indicator under the player and not any ability to hit green releases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Interesting. I assumed he just meant that it would revert back to 2K20 controls at that point. I wonder if that would mean down on the RS just wouldn't do anything at all or if that would control something else then.
Yeah I'm not sure. I would assume it would just become a dead zone minus how it still impacts layups/dunks.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #31
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
Wouldn’t it make more sense to have the meter at the rim since that’s where you look and aim when you’re shooting?
Common sense would seem to suggest that this would be how it should be.
Am I wrong?
NOPE--you're not. As good a suggestion as i've ever seen on OS, honestly--the meter would still be there but much less intrusive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2020, 06:04 PM   #32
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
NOPE--you're not. As good a suggestion as i've ever seen on OS, honestly--the meter would still be there but much less intrusive.
Perhaps on the backboard or just around the rim in general? It might be a little hard to do if everyone is playing on slightly different views, but I guess you could proximity it out like they do now for where the meter lines up in proximity to your player regardless of camera view.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »