Home

NBA 2K21 Demo Roundtable: Gameplay Impressions So Far

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Demo Roundtable: Gameplay Impressions So Far within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2020, 02:07 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
I wish they would combine 2k7, 2k10 and 2k16... I would love the high school branching into college and then maybe your performance branching into either a G league or park option based on performance... Each level adding towards your development... I would lime the ability to NOT make it to the league. Back in the day, video games had a GAME OVER element that made you get better. Nowadays, society has tricked kids into thinking you can't lose. Participation trophies have ruined society...! I would rather be forced to play street ball until I either make a team or reach a certain point where its game over!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #26
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Re: NBA 2K21 Demo Roundtable: Gameplay Impressions So Far

It's great that we have the option to shoot whichever way we prefer. I think the aiming feature is a good addition but personally I try to turn off as many screen overlays and graphics as possible when playing, I like to go off feel. I found myself watching the meter to try and adjust the aim way too much and it wasn't my ideal gameplay experience. But adding new options without breaking the game is a win for everybody.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:04 PM   #27
Rookie

I agree Doggy... I wish user thing was a third option for shooting. I just fear that if you turn the meter off, there is no happy medium of how to successful in shooting. The whole meter idea was a bad thing from its inception. Even Double Dribble relied on user timing to know where the ideal release point was for a successful shot.*
Old 08-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #28
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar_Nunez
I like the demo but pretty scummy of 2K to only allow you 5 exhibition games. This is the first time they have implemented such restrictions on a demo. Really uncalled for seeing how much money they make from this game.
Hey you could be a pc player and have no demo at all they didnt have to release anything at all.

Sent from my M2004J19C using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-27-2020, 09:55 PM   #29
Rookie

The game is very similar to NBA 2k20, with gameplay difference probably only seasoned 2k players would notice. I like the new animations for shots & layups, definitely looks more fluid. Contrary to most, I’m a fan of them bringing aiming back as a factor when taking jump shots. Aiming as a realistic element for us simulation players to develop a skill for, just like shooting in real life. Now, you can actually call “Short left” or “short right” like you would on the court. I’m not as satisfied with the layup aiming yet, but will need to play more.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:14 PM   #30
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
In bold is what i am after,too. I try to not look at the meter but i just can't and can't really concentrate this way, yes it may help but i don't like any kind of meters anywhere, the important thing is the feeling and syncing with my motor skills as the time goes on w/o meter, that is the way it should be..
I would almost like to see it like PGA where pulling back starts the jump and flicking forward is the release. But with a wider release sweet spot

PSN: TheDom45
Old 08-28-2020, 12:42 AM   #31
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Shooting should never be this complicated.

Shot timing/release is one thing.

But left/right sensitivity?

It’s not needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 09:30 AM   #32
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Game is playing great. But I still need to see how this plays online against a real opponent. That’s the litmus test for me.

If you have anymore games left or asked one of your friends to game share with you then you can play the game online and see how it feels!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »